Coral Vue Hydros

my new planted macro tank!

briansbelle

inverts and 2 fish arrived this morning...

3 sexys were shipped, 2 DOAs (which i have store credit for) the only survivor is teeny, and so far so good..its picking at stuff in the tank.

2 porcelains-awesome!! one is bigger and its blue the other is smaller and red.

firefish looks awesome!

yellow clown goby is teeny too, but sooo cute!

pom pom crab lost its pom poms in the bag somewhere :( (still waiting to hear back about wether or not i will be getting a store credit for him since he came in with no anemones) hopefully he will be able to eat still :(

pics to come as soon as my tank clears up, its a cloudy mess for some reason...it got really cloudy after i added the bags to float them so i am running carbon right now to try to clear it up a bit...not sure what it is but doesnt seem to be bothering anything in the tank, feather dusters are out, porcelains are filtering the water...and fish are swimming like normal...so maybe one of my algaes went sexual?????

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I will be placing another order with them soon, as soon as i find out what they are going to do about the pom pom crab with no pom poms :(

also i cant figure out why my tank got cloudy all of a sudden, any ideas? Been running carbon all day and it helped a little bit. I am going to go to walmart tomorrow and get some pillow stuffing and see if that will help out.

Could it be that one of my algaes went sexual? Or maybe its from the bags i floated? They had labels on them so maybe some of the ink or glue from the labels came off in the water?

Doesnt seem to bother the inverts or fish, sexy shrimp has its butt in the air, porcelains are filtering the water, and fish ate dinner tonite.

Woke up this morning after running carbon for 24 hours and my tank is clear once again!!

Is it normal for my firefish to hide? He has found a spot under a rock and has claimed it as his.

Pics in bout an hour!

Know that feeling, getting old sucks like that. How are the new additions doing.

Oh & in situations like this swap out the carbon every 24 hours to make sure that every thing is removed. Carbon is usually exhausted after a day.

Yeah getting old does suck lol!

The new additions are doing great. The have all picked out their fav spots. The only surviving sexy shrimp is teeny and so cute with its little butt up in the air lol!

I will be placing another order to get the little guy some friends as soon as they let me know about my pom pom-less crab.

Pics later, going to go see the expendables tonite with the hubby.

nookie_monster

That is such a gorgeous and unique planted marine aquarium! How are you able to maintain such a diversity of macroalgae without one or more species competing with others - regarding nutrients in the system?

Thanks nookie, i just kinda threw it in there and figured survival of the fittest would play out. Lol!

Also sorry about the delays in pics, my fern caluerpa has been on a mission, going sexual 2 different times. Sooo my tank is cloudy again! I pulled out most of the fern caluerpa and am running a fluval submersible filter with carbon and foam to try to clear it up.

The fluval has taken the place of my k1, it moves some water. Had to go with submersible bc i have a mesh top for my firefish

Yeah, looks like someone poured milk in my tank. Doesnt seem to bother the livestock, just irritates the hell out of me lol So i put the filter in there and lights out till tomorrow

Hey Belle I'm thinking you're not getting enough nutrients into the tank to feed all the hungry macros. That's why they keep going sexual on you. You have enough light and that's the only other reason I can think of that it would happen multiple times like that. You need more fish, more food and more fish poop!

Thanks mike,

just placed an order with reefs2go. I had a 30.00 credit for 3 sexy shrimp that were DOA, so i ordered 5 more sexies, 8 cerith snails, 4 nass snails, 2 sand sifting crabs. Not suee what other fish i can add that wont kill my inverts or my firefish and clown goby.

Any ideas???

not sure but wouldnt a yasha hasha work. or maby a green banded goby.

shrimp are dirty so the sexy's may help.

Thanks bitts,

not really a fan of the yashas. Hopefully the sexys poop enough lol they are sooo cute. The one and only(so far) little guy i have came in with all but one leg missing on one side and must have molted, he a little bigger and has all of his legs yay!!

I do have some other inverts in there, emerald crab, 2 porcelains and a pom pom crab. Would adding another firefish or clown goby be a bad idea?

multiple firefish have been thought of as a bad idea, but it seems to be done more often now. maria is trying it in her 40 for example. how ever this is why it's been so difficult to breed helfricks. they eventualy will kill each other. at least untill we figure things out a little more.

as to goby's well you know who to ask. :P

hookedonreef-er

Awesome tank!! Very glad that i came across this thread and can't wait for some updated pics :)

Archived