Top Shelf Aquatics

my new planted macro tank!

briansbelle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are 2 new pics on page 1. Sorry just trying to keep all the pics together so i just update the 1st post. Will start posting the new pics as new posts ;)

Thanks AM!!! I will get some new FTS this week, its just gonna be hectic around here this week, one car in the shop already, one car being sold tuesday, and my truck getting a new exhaust on thurs or friday LOL!!

Also just so i dont get bashed on, i did pick up mandarin goby today with a plan, if he isnt healthy or eating well then i have a friend with a 125 to give him to, but i can promise if he isnt getting enough to eat im willing to buy him fish roe for the rest of his life :)

The Mandarin will be fine. Try to feed it pellets and mysis first. Try that for 4-5 days.If you can't get it to eat then move to black worms. Your firefish and goby will be fine. My buddy has a PJ cardinal,2 clowns,mandarin,YW goby and a clown goby. He also has a cleaner shrimp and a Harliquin (spell check) lol. It is funny the YWG and Mandarin hang out together while the cleaner cleans them.

omgomgomgomgomgomg NEW PICS!!! omgomgomgomgomgomg LOL!

hey animal, you will be happy to know that my tank is considered a goby/invert tank! 3 fish and all 3 are gobies-well kinda except the mandarin.

finally got around to snapping some pics of the tank today.

did a 4 gallon water change!!

rearranged a bit, took out the fluval internal filter, going to replace it with one of these, since it will skim the surface and also take up less room- http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/prod...fm?pcatid=18381

and will be picking up more live rock for the tank...ordered as fiji rock- and has been seeded/cured- enough to fill this 20 long from top to bottom for $40!! THANKS UHURU!!! :) will redo rock work once i get the new filter and more rock..

ordered my mandarin some nutramar ova and he LOVES dinner time, he will actually snatch the food as its falling in the water colum...YAY!!! he is nice and plump... :) and this food also feeds the pods in the tank so its a win win!!

my pom pom is carrying eggs, and she came in with no amemone, but has managed to find one in the tank somewhere, LOL!! she has a pom pom now!!

everything is coming together nicely with this tank, all my inverts are happy, and all my fish are fat!!!

ok on with the pics!!

029-1.jpg

blue ochtodes-this stuff grows like MAD! its literally everywhere, has attached itself to everything...lol!! this piece is a little bigger than a softball- you can see it in the FTS,huge!!

031-1.jpg

clown goby chillin!

110.jpg

group shot! but of course all i get from the sexies are their butts!! LOL!!

054.jpg

red spotted macro

039.jpg

kermit, my mandarin-my youngest said he looks like a frog...lol

058.jpg

kermit again!

106.jpg

3 stooges, LMAO! i have 6 total but usually only see 3 at a time...

062.jpg

brittle starfish,i have hundreds in this tank...legs everywhere at feeding time...lol...looks like a daddy longleg spider!!

077.jpg

some red fern type algae i got as a local macro trade, any ideas?

037.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone...just got back home...was in PA for the weekend...I will update with pics tomorrow...its def looking good..moved some zoas from my 40b over,got new rock,new rockscape and a new mini nem,new shrooms,new spider sponge!!

Archived