Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another hobby.. Pork loin in a smoker for 10 hours for home made pulled pork and smoked jalepenos with cream cheese and bacon.

IMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

During the summer its a reason to start drinking beer at 6am.

I drink beer and eat poppers.

Im jealous....

And like to party.

beer, poppers, and party...my house every weekend this summer B)B)

Target fed the acans today

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

hermit trying to get some

IMAG0704.jpg

cinnamon paly

IMAG0702.jpg

Changed the scape once again. I like the left side better now and have 3 seperate freestanding rocks that will hold zoas

IMAG0708.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

IMAG0706.jpg

What do you feed your acans? Have you ever tried Funa Marin LPS pellets? I hve had great success with them on top of mysis and oysterfeast.

The tank is looking outstanding man, you have done a great job.

Those acans look incredible man!

I also love pork (see: raised in NC / Lexington BBQ festival / Durham whiskey beer, bbq, and whiskey)

You have the life, sir. Love the smoker too....can't wait for the space for one!

What do you feed your acans? Have you ever tried Funa Marin LPS pellets? I hve had great success with them on top of mysis and oysterfeast.

The tank is looking outstanding man, you have done a great job.

Thank you tundra, I have been really trying to keep up on it. Also I am just feeding Rods food, defrost in tank water and use my turkey baster. I also feed the tank Spectrum Thera A pellets and when I do I try to drop some on the acans. I soon as work picks up I will be picking up some phyto feast from the lfs.

Those acans look incredible man!

I also love pork (see: raised in NC / Lexington BBQ festival / Durham whiskey beer, bbq, and whiskey)

You have the life, sir. Love the smoker too....can't wait for the space for one!

Thanks D, I dont know about having the life -(3 kids, wife, self employed) I cant afford to leave the house so I have to keep all my hobbies here.

That smoker is a electric stand up that I bought at Sams club. Works really well. 2 summers ago I pre smoked 22 slabs of ribs for my wifes 40th bday then finished on the grill. I also have a homemade ghetto grill(55 gal drum) that I use wood and charcoal in.

looking good dude. You are getting alot better with the camera! what is your secret?

Thanks alot Spring, All the pics are taken with my Droid Incredable. Just try to hold still and get the best focus. Then sometimes i will just crop on photobucket.

Also my daughter is taking a photo class in school and told me tonight that she can sighn out a DSLR with macro lens. Hopefully this weekend.

I do need to buy a new point and shoot, so if anybody has any recomendations let me know

thanks

gg

No special settings? I have an 'X', and can't get a good picture to save my life...Verry cool about the DLSR. Look forward to seeing what kind of difference it makes.

No special settings? I have an 'X',

I have the iso on 100 and constantly play with the white balance. What mp is the X, my inceredable has 8.

Thanks, man! Sorry for cluttering up your thread with this stuff. The X is 8mp as well. Does yours have a 'white ballance' setting or is it labled as something else? I found the ISO but not the white ballance. Thanks again, bro!

Thanks, man! Sorry for cluttering up your thread with this stuff. The X is 8mp as well. Does yours have a 'white ballance' setting or is it labled as something else? I found the ISO but not the white ballance. Thanks again, bro!

No worries man, im posting pics of pork and peppers, no clutter here:lol: I do have an actual white balance and can open it and choose from 5 different settings. I usually go from daylight to cloudy settings, and as far as the iso i read somewhere on here that you want it pretty low, and if I remember right the lower the setting the slower the exposure so you have to be very still.

Another hobby.. Pork loin in a smoker for 10 hours for home made pulled pork and smoked jalepenos with cream cheese and bacon.

IMAG0693.jpg

Your tank is looking awesome man.

I used to loved smoking stuff when I was in culinary school. What type of wood chips do you use?

+1

The pork loin also looks good, but for some reason, I have a craving for bacon.

Thanks seabass, ;)

Your tank is looking awesome man.

I used to loved smoking stuff when I was in culinary school. What type of wood chips do you use?

Thank you inferno, as far as wood chips it all depends on what im smokin, if pork or chicken i try to use mostly apple, cherry with a little hickory. For beef mesquite, and hickory. When I use my wood/charcoal smoker I try to use hardwoods that i cann get my hands on, usually oak and apple.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad has been a butcher for 40 years so he always hooks me up with some good meat. We also make a homemade garlic sausage that you will tast for 3 days :o

You are just daring me to drive up there huh!?! As far as point and shoots I couldn't be happier with that one I picked up. I highly recommend it. It was cheaper than my other point and shoot. It has a 10X optical zoom at that! :o Just figured out how to work the macro mode better so I am going to be playing with that.

That would be awesome if you could score that DSLR and macro! Love the 40 B's, any recent FTS?

Love the avatar.......as much as I love bacon.

That would be awesome if you could score that DSLR and macro! Love the 40 B's, any recent FTS?

Love the avatar.......as much as I love bacon.

Still buggin my daughter to get the camera, pics below

mmmmm... Bacon.

What were we talking about again? :huh:

Tank looks great! Love all the open space.

Thanks Latte

Alright guys question for all you. I dont have the means to set up a frag tank now but I am trying to make at least one frag of all the zoas I get and maybe cut some acans. I want to be able to use for future trades. My question is has anyone seen or made a frag tank in their fuge. I was thinking of putting a larger rack and getting an LED bulb(boost/evil38)

Let me know your opinions

IMAG0740.jpg

Heres some more random pics with a couple FTS.

Mounted zoas Mean greens and wild baboons

IMAG0715-2.jpg

Actinic Acans

IMAG0709.jpg

IMAG0710-1.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

FTS

IMAG0713.jpg

IMAG0714.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

This is what I did in the smoker today, its called a FATTY . 1# of sausage rolled flat filled with anything you want. I did green pepper, onions, mozzarella, and goat cheese. Roll it into a tube and wrap with bacon. Smoke for about 4 hours. Instant heart attack ;)

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0727.jpg

IMAG0741.jpg

IMAG0743.jpg

IMAG0742.jpg

Archived