Cultivated Reef

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the shots look pretty decent that you did take. Maybe pick up some rechargeable batteries?

It drains my rechargeables even faster.

Wife picked up a new digital camera today. Cannon SDX4500is. These are the first shots with just a little adjusting on the camera

fts1.jpg

fts.jpg

cinnamonpaly.jpg

baboons.jpg

acans.jpg

Ok, its been awhile since i have been able to do anything but i have been busy. Within the last week i have recieved my sand (ESV ultra white 50# coarse and 50# fine grade) This stuff is very bright white. I also recieved 30# of the carribean reef rock from reefcleaners. Picked up a Odyssey 4 bulb t5 light off CL. I have some UVL vho-r lights being shipped now. Plus i was able to finish my stand tonight. This weekend I hope to have the plumbing all done and have water in it after Thanksgiving

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

Dude that is the sweetest stand I've ever seen! How well does the 20L fit?

Nice!

Thanks jeffro!

Dude that is the sweetest stand I've ever seen! How well does the 20L fit?

Hey nate thanks for checking in. Im glad u like the stand. The 20 fits perfect in there, it was designed to. I wish now I would have made the sump bigger, like another 40b

It's really shaping up nicely.

Thanks seabass

New pics, ebay zoas

IMAG0866.jpg

IMAG0865.jpg

IMAG0864.jpg

who was the ebay seller? Those zoas look great.

Thanks coastie

thereefbeyondbelief is the seller. They threw in a freebie of I think radioactive dragon eyes, and one of the frags melted away with some kind of black inky like stuff on it. Overall very nice frags though. I spent $50 shipped for 3 frags plus freebie. All frags had at least 20+ polyps. Shipped priority.

Crappy pic of the black inky thing. Any ideas?

IMAG0868-1.jpg

Some other random photos

tubbs.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

FTS with new ati aqua blue special. Took out the uvl actinic white, it was a little pink. I like this alot better

IMG_0044.jpg

Also recieved my order from BRS. GFO pellets, ROX 8 carbon, and refractometer calibration fluid. My sg is 1.023 when I thought it was 1.025 so I want to bring that up. What is the best way to do this slow. With weakly wc or over the course of a few days?

Also recieved my order from BRS. GFO pellets, ROX 8 carbon, and refractometer calibration fluid. My sg is 1.023 when I thought it was 1.025 so I want to bring that up. What is the best way to do this slow. With weakly wc or over the course of a few days?

Your tank looks great and I think you're getting better at taking pictures...and FAST!

When my salinity drops (top off got stuck a few times) I always just fill up my ATO with salt water.

Takes a few days but 1.023 isn't bad or anything. I also keep mine spot on 1.025.

thanks D, I have been taking tons of pics with the new camera just trying to get it figured out.

Here a HD video taken with with same camera. Now I need to learn how to edit some video.

Anybody have any good free video editing programs to down load?

Thanks

gg

Video -

David Gilmour.

Couldnt tell if it was classic rock or grunge. Im glad its not grunge.

I was just talking with one of my friends about whose the one band that you would see if you could and I said Floyd would be back in the early 90's when they came back with the big laser show.

/subscribed

Thanks for checking in ben

Nothing new on the 40, but did some bbq this past weekend

Brisket

IMAG0869.jpg

IMAG0874.jpg

IMAG0873.jpg

IMAG0876.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

I overcooked it a little. It was so tender that it fell apart.

Tasted great with a cold one!!

You Sir, are a jerk. You didn't share.

BTW was in Pittsburgh the last 3 days haha.

Pick me up some yuengling beer. I live 2 hours from Pittsburgh and they wont send across state lines :angry:

Pick me up some yuengling beer. I live 2 hours from Pittsburgh and they wont send across state lines :angry:

I have a 12 pack in my fridge right now.

4ef6b0d6.jpg

That's so funny you say that. First thing I did was get a draft Yuengling from the bar. If you wanna shoot down to KY I have a fridge full ;) I have to pick it up when I go out of state.

I was going to upload the picture of previously mentioned yuengling but I am too lazy.

Good news though. They bought a fomer Coors bottling facility in TN I believe and rumor has it that they are going to start slowly adding states with Kentucky and Ohio being at the top of the list.

I have a 12 pack in my fridge right now.

4ef6b0d6.jpg

So jealous, right now I just have some Busch Light in my fridge

That's so funny you say that. First thing I did was get a draft Yuengling from the bar. If you wanna shoot down to KY I have a fridge full ;) I have to pick it up when I go out of state.

I was going to upload the picture of previously mentioned yuengling but I am too lazy.

Good news though. They bought a fomer Coors bottling facility in TN I believe and rumor has it that they are going to start slowly adding states with Kentucky and Ohio being at the top of the list.

That would be cool. I know they have a brewery in Tampa. When I was on vaca last year I asked what they had on draft and they said yuengling I was shocked.

I have also heard that there was some kind of ####### match between PA and OH over taxes and thats why we cant get it.

Also too about a month ago I had the Premier? in a can and that was real good

Disregard, the box, I bought the bud light for a party

7883253a.jpg

@ the bar in Pitt

e016f4d0.jpg

Right now since we talked about all this. HAHA

51cc678b.jpg

Archived