Pod Your Reef

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I would be 400lbs if I owned a smoker.

As to frag tank: The only issue I could think of would be flow. You are not going to want to stir up a storm in a DSB, so having high flow is out. I don't see an issue for low-flow coral, but SPS might not fair too well.

:o

I do that with "meatloaf"

I put aged old cheddar, blue cheese, onions, granny smith apple slices, peas and carrots in mine. then wrap in bacon... sometimes if I'm craving it, I'll cover it in ketchup and put it under a broiler so I can get a caramelized/burnt ketchup taste, like some do for normal meatloaf.

sooooo good. I also make mini ones so I can freeze them and not have to wait for 4ish hours.

I want it now actually. :(

uhhhh nice acans. :)

I think I would be 400lbs if I owned a smoker.

As to frag tank: The only issue I could think of would be flow. You are not going to want to stir up a storm in a DSB, so having high flow is out. I don't see an issue for low-flow coral, but SPS might not fair too well.

Im a little more than half way there now. During the summer I usually drop about 20# from work

On the frag fuge im not to much into the SPS yet just to keep my own stuff that I cut so my DT is not cluttered with racks and plugs

the zoa on page 5 for free99 ...is the one worth the most per polyp out of all of them lol.

Deffiniatly. I ID it as AOG paly. It seems to be growin well. It has 2 full and one baby head now.

:o

I do that with "meatloaf"

I put aged old cheddar, blue cheese, onions, granny smith apple slices, peas and carrots in mine. then wrap in bacon... sometimes if I'm craving it, I'll cover it in ketchup and put it under a broiler so I can get a caramelized/burnt ketchup taste, like some do for normal meatloaf.

sooooo good. I also make mini ones so I can freeze them and not have to wait for 4ish hours.

I want it now actually. :(

uhhhh nice acans. :)

That sounds great. Do you smoke it then or oven bake?

acans? what acans

:lol:

phi delt reefer

i havent had breakfast yet and now i am starving after seeing that heart attack sausage roll.

i gotta make some deliciousness like that but i am at work... breakfast sandwich will have to suffice...

i havent had breakfast yet and now i am starving after seeing that heart attack sausage roll.

i gotta make some deliciousness like that but i am at work... breakfast sandwich will have to suffice...

Yeah I have been wanting to make a breakfast style fatty with scrambled eggs, potatoes, onions, etc but just havent done it yet.

That sounds great. Do you smoke it then or oven bake?

acans? what acans

:lol:

haha

when I have the stuff to smoke, I'll make a makeshift smoker.... but only when I have a bbq handy, too scared to try it inside. so, lately I've just been oven baking it. it's a lot faster, but you don't get all of the flavours. still good though.... plus you get burnt bits on the edges, which are the best part. :)

ooo the breakfast one would be so good.

Part of me wishes I never got into SPS. Although... The reason have stuck with this hobby is how involved it is. All of my other "passions" die off after about a year because I get board. I don't think I will ever be a good enough reefer to get board.

What line of work you in GG? I used to be a fabricator and worked my ass off, literally. Now I suffer for a severe case of desk-azz.

Wait... GutterGuy = gutter service? Did I just save myself from asking a stupid question?

haha

when I have the stuff to smoke, I'll make a makeshift smoker.... but only when I have a bbq handy, too scared to try it inside. so, lately I've just been oven baking it. it's a lot faster, but you don't get all of the flavours. still good though.... plus you get burnt bits on the edges, which are the best part. :)

ooo the breakfast one would be so good.

Ill have to try that. The Deluxe Cheeseburger Fatty :lol:

Part of me wishes I never got into SPS. Although... The reason have stuck with this hobby is how involved it is. All of my other "passions" die off after about a year because I get board. I don't think I will ever be a good enough reefer to get board.

What line of work you in GG? I used to be a fabricator and worked my ass off, literally. Now I suffer for a severe case of desk-azz.

Wait... GutterGuy = gutter service? Did I just save myself from asking a stupid question?

I know what you mean about things diying off. Im half good at anything I do because I get into it work real hard at it then just as I think Ive figured it out I move on (golf,bowling, etc)

Exactly. I have my own exterior home improvement company. Gutter, siding, Roofing, windows etc. 4 years ago before I went on my own I spent the 6 years before that doing inside and outside sales. I put about 50# on total from when I started that kind of work. Now during the summer running up and down ladders, on roofs, etc. The weight usually comes off pretty quick. But i am worried this year because I quit smoking Nov. 29 and thats not helping

I quit smoking Nov. 29 and thats not helping

It's not helping you keep a few pounds off but it IS helping you live long enough to care about it.

Don't pick up ciggs again! Give that smoker to me if that's your problem. I could use some FATTY breakfast :D

It's not helping you keep a few pounds off but it IS helping you live long enough to care about it.

Don't pick up ciggs again! Give that smoker to me if that's your problem. I could use some FATTY breakfast :D

That living long may have something to do with it but its mostley the damn cost.

I have been smoking cigs for the better part of 25 years. I have quit a few times but this time for whatever reason has been alot harder than any other.

Smoking meats is all I get to now. My wife will kill me if I light up again.

Good job on quitting smoking. I need to do that in the worst way. But the weekend comes and nothing is quite like a smoke with a few beers.

+1000000000000000000000000000

Well I don't know, I smoked for 7 years and when I quit it took a bit but now a trip to a bar that allows smoking inside will quickly kick the urge. It may be present that night but when you wake up the next morning and you smell like an ashtray you'll realize one reason why you quit! Prob is that sausage is going to start tasting better when your tastebuds start to work like they should again.

SpringFever

Ex heroine users say it is harder to quit smoking than it is to quit shooting up. I don’t remember where I read that, but it has more to do with psychological triggers and social acceptability.

I smoked for just shy of 10 years. I got very good at quitting during that time. One day I decided that I didn’t want to be ‘that guy’ anymore and haven’t touched a cig since.

IMAG0527.jpg

That is the coolest place for the frag racks.

In the back so it looks kinda like part of the scape,

and I'm sure from a sitting position they do.

sweeeeeet..... cool.gif

Monthly Full Tank Shot

Dec 1

IMAG0445.jpg

Jan 3

IMAG0527.jpg

Feb 6

IMAG0637.jpg

March 5

IMAG0820.jpg

Trying the keep track of the progress. I have been updating this on the first page.

So far so good

tundrashaul
But i am worried this year because I quit smoking Nov. 29 and thats not helping

Great job with the ciggs. I just hit a year on the 4th without them, it was tough at first but now I see how stupid I looked.

The last few post have made me hungry as hell, on the other hand the tank it looking great man.

Great job with the ciggs. I just hit a year on the 4th without them, it was tough at first but now I see how stupid I looked.

The last few post have made me hungry as hell, on the other hand the tank it looking great man.

Thanks Tundra. Its hard as hell this time.

As far as the food pics, I figure the tweens can use this as their personal pre pubecent forums I could post my other hobbies :lol:

Looking good. Already time for an upgrade eh? Lol

Thanks dot, no upgrades for me anytime soon. My wife would kill me

Would like to thank member zgbrown10 for the awsome crocea clam and also hooked me up with some eagle eye zoas.

eagleeyes.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

Just a cool pic

redacans.jpg

Did you end up getting a new camera?

Not yet. These are with my powershot 720i. The camera takes good pics but sucks the life out of the batteries. I put brand new ones in today and was able to take about 12 pics then the low battery light came on.

We are looking at the Cannon SD4500 IS

Archived