Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Newman's 10 Gallon Piece of Ocean

.Newman.

Some coral pictures.

Green bird:

DSCN3125.jpg

Orange bird: The white dots were not there prior to the introduction of the MH light. I think its amazing that it started to grow so fast with so many new branches emerging. I will try to track the growth with pictures of this particular coral and guage how well my tank is growing by this :)

DSCN3124.jpg

And my two types of GSP.

The one on the left top (normal GSP):

DSCN3127.jpg

The one on the right bottom(whiny GSP. the base mat is not purple like normal type, its rather pale pink and flesh colored):

DSCN3126.jpg

This one also doesnt curl its polyps as much as the normal kind, and it grows slower.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 3 astreas for the tank today. wanted Trochus snails but of course the LFS only had turbo astreas.

Also wanted to get a Caribbean featherduster but decided not to get one yet. I need to let things stabilize a bit more after that maxima died...

I got 3 astreas for the tank today. wanted Trochus snails but of course the LFS only had turbo astreas.

Also wanted to get a Caribbean featherduster but decided not to get one yet. I need to let things stabilize a bit more after that maxima died...

I love your tank. I have a ten gallon tank and has been running for 4 months now. Yours is preety cool!! love reading it, hopefully my tank would looks as good as yours someday..:D

Thanks for visiting the thread and the compliment! My tank isnt much, I am sure yours will turn out better :D

Speaking of aging tanks, this one is finally a year old now!

yes and no lol. it looks as cool as i wanted it to look but i did expect much more growth out of the SPS. i guess i always overestimate how fast corals tend to grow haha!

yes and no lol. it looks as cool as i wanted it to look but i did expect much more growth out of the SPS. i guess i always overestimate how fast corals tend to grow haha!

Well it looks like with the new light the SPS are going to take off! :D

thanks, and yea that was a real tragedy...i bet if i didnt move him from the sandbed, he woulda been just fine.

it looks like my very first coral is finally dividing! (at least i hope its dividing and not dying lol)

That big red rhodactis has been deflated for a few days now and it looks like it may be splitting. fingerscrossed

also still getting good growth on the SPS corals. birdsnests are growing well.

Birdsnests are insane with good lighting, i had a small frag a few months ago and now its a colony after i upgraded my lighting.

Thanks! I'll try to get an updated FTS, as i moved a few corals around and it looks a little different.

FTS has been updated as of today.

DSCN3153.jpg

DSCN3161.jpg

here you can see how the birdsnest grows in a few days.(also how fast the monti caps are recovering)

6/28/2011

DSCN3124.jpg

7/11/2011

DSCN3151.jpg

Archived