inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lucky you i'd say, my tanks just wont drop below 81F in the summer :(

Even at 4 in the morning? lol

Try insulating the sides of the tank with styrofoam to keep the cold in. Maybe you could try a cold pack(like for shipping) during the hottest part of the day?

nothing really works, I've tried it :(

the best ive gotten from all the methods is a 2 degree drop which does relatively nothing, and i can never get below 81F..

nothing really works, I've tried it :(

the best ive gotten from all the methods is a 2 degree drop which does relatively nothing, and i can never get below 81F..

Well isn't a 2degree drop better than nothing?

How hot does it get during a heat wave?

up to 90F in some cases x_x

the acan in my 3 gal sure as hell aint liking hot temps..

:o wow!

You know, you can make a cheapo "chiller" with a mini fridge lol just cut two holes in the sides and pump some tank water through the fridge. Not as effective as a chiller, but it might help if you'd be willing to do that (and have a fridge you wouldn't mind cutting)

Hehehe send them to me :P lol jk

Cut down on lights if that helps with the temp?

My phone lives!

Actually, it's still dead :( But I got to take some phone pics with my sister's phone! :D

7-21-10FTS.jpg

FTS :) With new rockwork and no sand!

7-21-10FTSAngle.jpg

From an angle, and I figured out how to adjust the "yellowness"

7-21-10FTSLeft.jpg

From the side, left

7-21-10FTSRight.jpg

From the side, right

BeachsandinFuge.jpg

I kept all the sand and put it in a container in the fuge for now, to keep that bacteria alive! As I add the new sand, I'll slowly take out this old sand, as new bacteria grows on the new sand :)

Looks good for plating montis lol.

Haha they grow so fast though!

But I probably won't have any in this tank :( I still haven't found a cheap lighting fixture!!

Did you just copy and paste to the other?

Lol yes, I'm tired..

Hmm I should have cleaned the acrylic before taking pics, huh :P

Most, if not all of that is salt for me dripping water everywhere when redoing my aquascape lol

I'm thinking about maybe doing something else with that branch rock and the purple one..

Also, Nitrates are at 15ppm, I'm going to do a 2gal water change tomorrow :D

I am 190 cm.. Dunno how high that is in ' and ".. anyway.. cool ppl uses cm not inches!

Btw.. I am now officially a ninja.. dont ask me why!

Yoshii, how can you afford that many tanks? I had a hard time saving up for my pico, and it was even harder when i was saving up for my old nano..

Thats 6' 2.8", your too tall to be a ninja. :P

Im a :ninja:

I hope megan fox likes :ninja: s, cuz I gonna marry her some day..

btw:

ninja1.jpg

Yoshii, how can you afford that many tanks? I had a hard time saving up for my pico, and it was even harder when i was saving up for my old nano..

Hahaha I've been saving up for a couple years, but for all my "new" tanks I have used tanks that have just been sitting around, ones that I already had, and extra equipment(like HOB filters and heaters) and I also do some DIY stuff, that saves alot of money. But if you'll notice I don't have a sump on any of my tanks, or a protein skimmer(although I do have one sitting around somewhere) I also don't have an RO/DI, I use tap water (dont flame please!) but that's only because my tap water is awesome B)

clen yo glass :P

I'll do that later...:P

Im a :ninja:

I hope megan fox likes :ninja: s, cuz I gonna marry her some day..

btw:

ninja1.jpg

hahaha, Megan Fox got married already :P

:ninja:

Hehehe Anyways, I did some fragging today :) a tiny piece of pulsing xenia, a tiny 1 poylp frag of Pastel Palys, 6poylp frag(didn't frag today, already healed), and a tiny little brittle star I found will be going in the tank today :D

Archived