Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

Builder Anthony

Well that is just horrible.Might try to start fraging things like mushrooms or just putting anything left alive in some new water.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Onoz! Das ist NICHT gut! :(

So sorry to hear about this. Once you get the water back in whack, I can donate some birdsnest frags.

This makes me wonder if something got into my wasser too...?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Cristina,

From experience to find out what might have went wrong, you trace your last step.

What was the last thing you added to your tank? Rocks, fish, coral, water changes? And never rule out any visits from friends that might have tried to feed your fish, or made a change without you knowing?

Did something die in the tank over night, sea slug etc?

In such a small volume it can go bad over night.... Trace your last steps and the truth shall be revealed to all your reefing friends that want to know what went wrong???

MG

altolamprologus

I still say it was the top off water.

You're going to re-start the tank right? I'll give you millions of frags :D

Yosh, are you planning to move out or go to college next year or a few years down the road? If you're going to leave this following year, I personally wouldn't set the tank back up just for a few months. In my opinion, you should put it in storage and save the money it eats, then set it up when you get your own place. JMO.

Yosh, are you planning to move out or go to college next year or a few years down the road? If you're going to leave this following year, I personally wouldn't set the tank back up just for a few months. In my opinion, you should put it in storage and save the money it eats, then set it up when you get your own place. JMO.

This

Well that is just horrible.Might try to start fraging things like mushrooms or just putting anything left alive in some new water.

I've moved all the corals I could to my 10g

you have no clue what got into the water?

nope :(

Cristina,

From experience to find out what might have went wrong, you trace your last step.

What was the last thing you added to your tank? Rocks, fish, coral, water changes? And never rule out any visits from friends that might have tried to feed your fish, or made a change without you knowing?

Did something die in the tank over night, sea slug etc?

In such a small volume it can go bad over night.... Trace your last steps and the truth shall be revealed to all your reefing friends that want to know what went wrong???

MG

I added top-off water, that's it

I wasn't there during the day but I already questioned my family about any cleaners/chemicals in the area

No, I'm not leaving the area for 2 years

OMGSH I'M SO HAPPY MY GOBY IS STILL ALIVE!! omgomgomg:wub:

Also, a few GSP polyps are starting to open in my 10g :)

Hooray for the goby! That's something at least.

It's amazing how sensitive reef tanks are to stuff like this ... guess it could have been a lot of things, but sucks not knowing exactly what happened.

Hooray for the goby! That's something at least.

It's amazing how sensitive reef tanks are to stuff like this ... guess it could have been a lot of things, but sucks not knowing exactly what happened.

I'm so glad the goby is ok :)

Yeah, and alto, I don't think it's the top-off water cause I used the same water for a 10g and it's fine..

I assume you are running carbon to remove the crap? :huh:

Yes, CPE and Purigen

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Cristina,

If you added top off, then I can almost point the finger at that. I remember at the shop before your dad picked you up, I saw you hesitant about the buckets you were using to bring home the RO water.

Did the water you poured into your tank come from those loose buckets at the shop? If so, I bet there was something in them and you brought that home.

Especially since the shop shares the facility with the plants, there are a lot of fertilizers and other bio hazards there, if the buckets came from the plant shop.

I will put my beliefs that your tank was contaminated by those buckets.

Just my two cents... I could be wrong....

Cristina,

If you added top off, then I can almost point the finger at that. I remember at the shop before your dad picked you up, I saw you hesitant about the buckets you were using to bring home the RO water.

Did the water you poured into your tank come from those loose buckets at the shop? If so, I bet there was something in them and you brought that home.

Especially since the shop shares the facility with the plants, there are a lot of fertilizers and other bio hazards there, if the buckets came from the plant shop.

I will put my beliefs that your tank was contaminated by those buckets.

Just my two cents... I could be wrong....

That was RO/DI water, but it didn't go near this tank (both buckets went to my 55)

So there is definitively no chance of contamination if there was something wrong with the water (there's not btw :) )

I used different water for this tank (and my 10g) But if it was that water, then my 10g should be a death pit too, but it's fine. It must have been some sort of cleaner or something, but no one was cleaning the house or anything. In fact my family doesn't really use the area where my tanks are, so idk what could have gotten into it :/

I'm left without words... Just doesn't make sense... :(

I know :( It's weird

I don't store any chemicals above the tank or have any in any of my fish stuff

It's a mystery! I won't take the tank down because of this, I'll see what coral pulls through in my 10g, and put it back in once things are straightened out. Well a positive side, I get to go and buy new awesome coral! :) And I can clean parts of the tank without accidentally fragging my montis :lol:

I feel your pain, a few years ago I came home to something similar. Turned out a dryer sheet had some how blown into my fuge and nuked the tank. Don't keep open top tanks near your laundry room I guess.

I feel your pain, a few years ago I came home to something similar. Turned out a dryer sheet had some how blown into my fuge and nuked the tank. Don't keep open top tanks near your laundry room I guess.

Oh wow o.o A few years ago I read someone used tissue paper to clean out there skimmer, not realizing it has been treated with aloe or some kind of soap thing, so a few hours later the tank was extremely cloudy, there were soap bubbles and his big beautiful angelfish were gasping at the surface D:

Ever since I read that story I've always tried to be extra careful, but in this case looks like something slipped under my ninja senses :(

Maybe one of my family members did something they wouldn't think of being harmful near the tank?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Ever since I read that story I've always tried to be extra careful, but in this case looks like something slipped under my ninja senses :(

That is why you need to have Spider man's power, he has spidey sense...

All SPS are dead :( But some LPS look like they may make it

The mini minis, small amount of GSP and bluemushroom still in the 3g look pretty good now. The goby was also out and about earlier, but as soon as I took out a camera it darted away <_<

Builder Anthony

You should try dumping them in a tank you know thsats doing good.A freind or someone you know.That or just start a tank with no rock and add 100 percent new water that has sat for at least 24 hours.I was doing 90 percent water changes..........dont be scared to do it i did ALot of them.If you do do the nothing in the tank idea do big water changes on that.It not a permentant solution but it will give your other tank time to recover.Do big changes on that thing to.Thats what i would do.It may not be the best thing for ph but it could turn out better that way.----

You should try dumping them in a tank you know thsats doing good.A freind or someone you know.That or just start a tank with no rock and add 100 percent new water that has sat for at least 24 hours.I was doing 90 percent water changes..........dont be scared to do it i did ALot of them.If you do do the nothing in the tank idea do big water changes on that.It not a permentant solution but it will give your other tank time to recover.Do big changes on that thing to.Thats what i would do.It may not be the best thing for ph but it could turn out better that way.----

They were moved over to my 10g

I already did a ~90% water change on my 3g once I saw it was messed up, it seems fine now

Archived