SaltCritters.com

Animalmaster6's Official Nano Contest

animalmaster6

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand. You have to set up a new tank, but it doesn't really matter when. Also, if you have an existing tank, you can just transfer everything into a new tank and be ok. Size also doesn't matter, ie I could plumb a 5.5g into my 120g and be fine.

We have so many failed contests now that the word 'contest' is as ubiquitous in thread titles as 'random' is. Bah.

AMEN, maybe the moderators of NR should do some limiting on the amount of contests that are allowed on the forum. Personally, 6-40 and this is considered a NANO? I thought the generally accepted size of a nano was a max of 30 gallons and even 30 gallons is pushing the term nano. JMHO. YMMV.

AMEN, maybe the moderators of NR should do some limiting on the amount of contests that are allowed on the forum. Personally, 6-40 and this is considered a NANO? I thought the generally accepted size of a nano was a max of 30 gallons and even 30 gallons is pushing the term nano. JMHO. YMMV.

But then again there have been TOTM that are 40 gallons. Let's not even get into the ~30 gallons that have won.

Jacob would like to join this. I will be posting a thread with my FTS (with object) in a few. Just letting you know, and making sure I am not missing anything :)

Jacob welcome to the game. Get that fts up so we can make sure your included. Wait there may be a problem with your entry to the contest. seems there has been an age restriction placed in the rules since I last checked. Sorry Jacob maybe next time.

Jk Jacob. :P

Seriously though get that fts up so we can confirm your entry ASAP.

Haha darn. That keeps getting me everywhere I go! Curse you child labor laws.

I have a FTS in my thread, I thought thats where we put it, then on July 1st a FTS in the FTS thread right?

Pretty sure you can post to the fts thread now and call it good as long as your thread has contest in the title. But hey two things going for ya. 1) if I'm wrong you get a get out of jail free card 2) am is the only one who can edit the first post. Till he gets back we can't add you any way. So being in sudo charge, post your fts in the fts thread & your in till am says your not.

All this power it like crack must have more. More I say. More.

There are three of us playing king of the castle. Maby the others can whiegh in.

A nano being limited to 30 was actually part of the planning that went in to the rules. Thus the reason for the size being 6(the minimum size before a nano goes & turns into a pico.) - 40(generally the largest tank that realistically holds 30 gallons with the displacement from rock & sand being accounted for.). As to why the tank can be plumbed in to any size setup. I believe this was a concession to allow a greater number to participate. Tapping into an existing set up allows the setup to be less permanent.

But I could be talking out a$z, so who knows right.

I'm interested in getting in on this with my main display build... the display itself is 36x24x12 so I only miss out on the "40 gallon" thing by about two gallons proper... halp? :huh: that said, it does hold less water than a so-called "40B" so what is the story, man?

pismo_reefer
I'm interested in getting in on this with my main display build... the display itself is 36x24x12 so I only miss out on the "40 gallon" thing by about two gallons proper... halp? :huh: that said, it does hold less water than a so-called "40B" so what is the story, man?

Be a effin' Rebel, Nork....

Join the contest, no matter what they say.

Pretend you got a yes.... ;)

EDIT: OH SNAP!!! Uhuru's in this bish!??

Niiiice! B)

k, so I'm prepared to assume that my tank fits the criteria given that it'll only hold about 30g after displacement and therefore count me in.

So as to the tank being just a bit to big. No worries there's some give & take. After all its 30 gallons ish total display volume. So I think am will be happy to let you play. Unless he says no for giggles. Oh wait that would be me.

The, ah crap there in now too, list keeps getting bigger. Mmm... This might just shape up to be an actual nano-reef slug fest. Still say your all lucky tigah's not in. But at this rate it may not matter.

Wonder how many totm's we can produce from all these shenanigans

In that case, I'll make a threat when I get back home and take an FTS. AM knows about my system from following the main threat in Large Reefs so we'll see.

Deep Thief
So as to the tank being just a bit to big. No worries there's some give & take. After all its 30 gallons ish total display volume. So I think am will be happy to let you play. Unless he says no for giggles. Oh wait that would be me.

This has got to be the F'ing stupidest contest I have ever seen or heard of. Why do you even have rules if no one is going to follow them? Especially the mods. The last I checked it said, 6-40 gallons and NO WHERE did it say, 40ish gallons. WTF? oh and when a 20 gets plumbed into a 150 gallon sump, its now a 170 gallon tank, NOT a 20 gallon. I just shake my head ruefully.

Archived