ReefCleaners.org

.................wild caught True percs...............

dh350twin

OP- Youre clowns are extremely nice. They are overpriced in my opinion compared to market value but if you feel that you can find a buyer and sell them for that much it is youre choice. The two facts that hurt you is that the pair is not confirmed mated, also there are many wild caught true percs as well as tank raised. If you had a pair of Snowcassos then youd definitely get that price. I suggest doing an OBO sale if you really want to get rid of them, or just hold on to them, wait for a confirmed spawn and the price will increase. Good luck with youre sale. Great looking fish

Thanks for the great reply,i did place a obo in the ad.I only wanted to find out the market value,and then some people just had to try and stir up crap by saying this or that,which is fine i kinda expected it.

So again i think a fair market price for this pair of wild caught true percs would be $150 obo.

were just trying to help sell your fish faster. Post a reasonable price, man. haha. GLWS

What do you think is a reasonable price?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youre welcome, Thats a better price. Its getting closer to the range where I have seen them sold. I think 125-150 shipped is what I expect them to go for. Good Luck

So again i think a fair market price for this pair of wild caught true percs would be $150 obo.

Possibly... if you could prove lineage.

I mean are these Solomon? Indio-Pacific? Singapore? Papau/ New Guinea?

honestly i just came across these two they are mated for sure but i dont know if they have evered spawned,my guess is not yet they are still small.

If you just came across them then they're not a true pair, they're two clownfish that happen to live next to each other. Also, if you just came across them how much did you pay for them? That would be a great starting measure on how much to charge. Just FYI pairs of wild caught onyx clowns go for about $100-110, fair market value for pairs of wild caught percs is usually in the $30-40 range.

Seriously though, how much did you pay for them.

Good luck getting that one out of him.... I could tell you what I just paid for a bonded pair of true percs a month ago. :)

Possibly... if you could prove lineage.

I mean are these Solomon? Indio-Pacific? Singapore? Papau/ New Guinea?

I honestly dont know.

Those are most likely Solomon Islands percs, the PNG ones have a lighter orange color on them that's pretty unique to the area... Nice either way though, they're worth whatever you paid for them :)

wherever they are from, they are nice looking fish.

I agree... looking at nice trues (which these are) and reg. ocellaris side by side is night and day. My wife took claim to my true percs immediately.

If you just came across them then they're not a true pair, they're two clownfish that happen to live next to each other. Also, if you just came across them how much did you pay for them? That would be a great starting measure on how much to charge. Just FYI pairs of wild caught onyx clowns go for about $100-110, fair market value for pairs of wild caught percs is usually in the $30-40 range.

I didnt pay anything for them they were given to me.This post was started to see what they would go for and the only person who sent me a link or any real substance was from live aquaria for $130 a pair.And even after he sent me the link is saying if i paid 80 dollars i got ripped off.So i guess live aquaria is ripping people off according to him and apparently many others who says 30 or 40 bucks a pair is fair market value.

Whats funny is probably everyone that posted these lowball numbers had no interest what so ever in buying them even if i never put a price just wrote obo.

Thanks to all who actually responded with intelligent respectful replies.

How about everyone not interested in buying these stay out of the guys thread? Im not going to list my opinion on the price because Im not interested in them. I honestly am tired of seeing all of the for sale threads get jacked because someone doesn't like the price. If you think its unfair PM the seller. Who are we to step on a guys profit if someone is willing to pay it?

k thanks

bye

How about everyone not interested in buying these stay out of the guys thread? Im not going to list my opinion on the price because Im not interested in them. I honestly am tired of seeing all of the for sale threads get jacked because someone doesn't like the price. If you think its unfair PM the seller. Who are we to step on a guys profit if someone is willing to pay it?

k thanks

bye

Now thats what i am talking about,finally someone else thinks the same way i do......its not even about my thread just in general these idiots have to voice there oppinions but when someone doesnt agree with them they cant take it.Thanks for steppin up bro.

marinekeeper

k thanks

bye

Yeah and leave the dude alone who has the high priced mini nems too!

They look like my percs. I've had mine for about 4 years now, but IIRC I paid about $75 for the pair. I would think that something around that range would be the going rate, jmo.

IMG_0494.jpg

They look like my percs. I've had mine for about 4 years now, but IIRC I paid about $75 for the pair. I would think that something around that range would be the going rate, jmo.

IMG_0494.jpg

Nice percs,but i am really not looking for what people think there worth anymore.The price is $150 obo.

I would also consider a trade for some black clowns

Yeah and leave the dude alone who has the high priced mini nems too!

lol...what a tool.

If I remember correctly, the average wholesale cost for a pair of wild caught percs is probably around $25-29. So lets assume the average retail fish store marks them up 1.5-2.5x the cost. If you do the math there, you get a retail price of roughly around $60-70.

In my opinion $100 shipped would be a good starting point.

To be honest though, I'm getting the impression you are more worried about making money than finding these fish a good home. How long have you had them in your possession? Again, I doubt you paid even $80 for them, but I really hope you didn't buy them just for the purpose of thinking you could turn a profit by selling them here.

I don't know... If I was in the market I'd be willing to pay a little more. I've looked into FedEx overnight - which is about the only way I'd trust to send fish to anyone and you are looking at about $60 to $65 to make that happen. But i would also attach an arrrive alive garauntee.

I think he is pretty close with his current asking price - maybe a little room to give but he did say OBO.

So how about someone step up and buy this nice pair of wild caught true percs?

lol...what a tool.

If I remember correctly, the average wholesale cost for a pair of wild caught percs is probably around $25-29. So lets assume the average retail fish store marks them up 1.5-2.5x the cost. If you do the math there, you get a retail price of roughly around $60-70.

To be honest though, I'm getting the impression you are more worried about making money than finding these fish a good home. How long have you had them in your possession? Again, I doubt you paid even $80 for them, but I really hope you didn't buy them just for the purpose of thinking you could turn a profit by selling them here.

Are you kidding me with this if i remember correctly crap.....Lets stop assuming things and thinking you know what i am more worried about.Man you got some nerve saying any of the above and if you read the post you would have read these were givin to me and i wanted to see what they go for!!!!!!

Hey bro you better go start telling everyone who is selling anything what the wholesalers sell them for and what kind of profit margins they are allowed by you to put on them,And god foresake any profit is to be made or is ok if you tell them what they can make?

I am sick of people like you who try and belittle people on these forums just because you think you know it all.

Thanks for your uninvited input and have a nice day!

I don't know... If I was in the market I'd be willing to pay a little more. I've looked into FedEx overnight - which is about the only way I'd trust to send fish to anyone and you are looking at about $60 to $65 to make that happen. But i would also attach an arrrive alive garauntee.

I think he is pretty close with his current asking price - maybe a little room to give but he did say OBO.

So how about someone step up and buy this nice pair of wild caught true percs?

Thanks pickle.....I have decided to keep them and wait till they breed and then sell them for $1000.00 lol

By the way that Gary Coleman pic is a little freaky.......

I think lgreen wants them

Maybe thats the way he negotiates pricing?

Its funny this post is 3 pages long and not one person that posted is even interested in making an offer.......hmmmm

No worries - I would make a suggestion though... seems like most of your posts are in the classifieds. Try being a part of the community and make some contributions to N-R. Chime in and help someone out once in a while. It won't kill you and it will help you out when you do post stuff for sale. Otherwise buy a membership.

I know I'm lacking in the buy a membership department but I do my best to contribute around here and it makes life a lot easier.

Good Luck... let me know if you need any advise on how to get them to spawn. If they are yyoung that might be a while though before they are ready.

demonclownfish

this site is just getting retarted. nano-reef has the laziest mods ever since they cant even afford to click a couple buttons and watch a guys sellign thread get slandered with these stupid ####ers. those of you who think they are overpriced write what you think about it on a small peice of paper. then fold it up and shove it up your arse...

No worries - I would make a suggestion though... seems like most of your posts are in the classifieds. Try being a part of the community and make some contributions to N-R. Chime in and help someone out once in a while. It won't kill you and it will help you out when you do post stuff for sale. Otherwise buy a membership.

I know I'm lacking in the buy a membership department but I do my best to contribute around here and it makes life a lot easier.

Good Luck... let me know if you need any advise on how to get them to spawn. If they are yyoung that might be a while though before they are ready.

Thanks again pickle i might take you up on that....i have a mated pair of gsm that have spawned 3 times in the last month.

I hear you about the support issue.....I spend a little more time on rc sense i have 150 gallon rimless reef and havent had a nano in a bout 2years,until now with these two new additions.

this site is just getting retarted. nano-reef has the laziest mods ever since they cant even afford to click a couple buttons and watch a guys sellign thread get slandered with these stupid ####ers. those of you who think they are overpriced write what you think about it on a small peice of paper. then fold it up and shove it up your arse...

Now thats funny!!!!!

nano-reef has the laziest mods

whatever, screwball. i'm a f'n robot. i read every single word that gets posted. not every thread is worth commenting in.

he got the same response on the other site too.

Archived