Innovative Marine Aquariums

AJ_Tsin's Custom 13.5G Studio Rimless Reef **Nano Contest**

AJ_Tsin

better but still too clunky for my taste-then again I'm a less is more kind of guy :lol:

Understandable. I am still in the market for a sleek LED light but as every part (except the skimmer and the heater) of this contest tank is DIY'd so far it's kind of cool to keep the trend going for now.

Very nice! I like the way it looks, great coverage. And I believe you'll be happy with the T5s overall. It really makes the office a step above.

I have never run a system with T5 lights so part of the reason I went with this fixture was so I have a Halide at home and T5 at the office with an ability to move corals back and forth depending on how well they are doing.

killer

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
photo-8.jpg

Added the cleanup crew this weekend. 1 Emerald Crab, 4 Astrea Snails and 4 Blue Legged Hermits.

oh looks good I got to add my CUC soon

looks like a piece of aluminum stock that he bent. then screwed it into the cabinet. very simple effective and clean looking B)

I really like the way the light-hanger looks. Aluminum you say? I've got a 24" sunpod that I'd like to hang with something similar. Any suggestions?

I really like the way the light-hanger looks. Aluminum you say? I've got a 24" sunpod that I'd like to hang with something similar. Any suggestions?

I just went to a machine shop asked for brushed aluminum gave them a thickness length width and radius for the bend... I suggest you do the same. It was pretty pricy though.

Love it!!

Thanks.

Diatoms are starting to disappear so I believe the cycle is complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wow!!!! sick tank! that looks amazing!!! btw your gonna LOVE your cone skimmer! i have the nac7 and its bad a##!

keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice indeed. Please keep the updates going. :)

updates!!! we want em. ;)

wow!!!! sick tank! that looks amazing!!! btw your gonna LOVE your cone skimmer! i have the nac7 and its bad a##!

keep up the good work!

Updates por favor!

Thanks for all the comments and messages folks.

Updates coming soon!

I've been very very Busy so I apologize I will update this week regarding everything.

- A.

Excuses are like aiptasia....everyone's got one

j/k ;)

You are right. No excuses! Here we go... a few shots for now, more to come in a few days. I have tons of time over the holidays and tomorrow is Boxing day so I will be hitting up a few reef sales in time for the contest close.

Merry Christmas AJ! Can't wait to see some updates.

Thanks Animal, looking forward to the finale of this contest.

yay for updates!!

Here some shots in the meantime.

All taken on iPhone 4 with Camera+ App. I used the "Magic Hour" Filter Which adds a teal effect to all of the shots. Photos taken later this week will likely be DSLR and no effects will be used.

Enjoy for now and again Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

IMG_1921.jpg

A maxi mini carpet anenome

IMG_1919.jpg

Side Shot

IMG_1920.jpg

Zoa Frag

...and Finally:

IMG_1918.jpg

Ecotech VorTech MP10

I plan on taking a basic iPhone HD video of the wave motion coming out of this Vortech and several other photos as I add coral over the next few days. I have the MP10 Set on Short Pulse Mode which is creating a full wave and a natural back and forth ocean motion.

- A.

.Been following this since I first found your biocube blog, looking good AJ.

Thanks Patrick I know you have been following for what seems like forever. Thanks for the interest this tank is really gonna take off now.

Archived