Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AJ_Tsin's Custom 13.5G Studio Rimless Reef **Nano Contest**

AJ_Tsin

you should try white. i always wonder why everyone only does black or blue, but you might be right about algae. i'd think if you regularly scrape it it should be ok. i use a piece of white posterboard strategically taped to my back glass which works out since i just have a hob overflow. it ends up looking more grayish though.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you should try white. i always wonder why everyone only does black or blue, but you might be right about algae. i'd think if you regularly scrape it it should be ok. i use a piece of white posterboard strategically taped to my back glass which works out since i just have a hob overflow. it ends up looking more grayish though.

I am thinking I will try white. I got white bulkheads as well. The overflow will be black though.

sooooo clean! this tank is gonna be almost as sweet as your last tank if thats even possible. pleaseee try the bio pellets and let us know how they work!

good luck!

sooooo clean! this tank is gonna be almost as sweet as your last tank if thats even possible. pleaseee try the bio pellets and let us know how they work!

good luck!

Thanks reefer,

I am considering using biopellets.... getting live rock and an overflow together this weekend Tank should be filled sometime next week.

My other tank is still up by the way... http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=225402

• 2 weeks later...

image-1.jpg

Today I snapped the June FTS according to the rules of animalmaster6's Nano Contest.. The rules state that to be entered in the contest you must first snap a shot of the empty tank with something in it, so there's an iPad in there appropriately playing my

Thats a little cross marketing for everyone. ;)

Overflow box is complete updates to come on that.

thats funny. i always want to join those contests just so i can post a witty empty tank shot.

Do it! Who knows, you could always win!

As for you AJ that shot of the Elos style tank and the iPad makes the perfect match. You should really try the NP biopellets. From what I hear they are the bomb B)

If this tank is half as good as your 47 it will go far in the contest :D

thats funny. i always want to join those contests just so i can post a witty empty tank shot.

So did I. So here is my entry. I was in the middle of building this system anyways so it worked nicely.

Do it! Who knows, you could always win!

As for you AJ that shot of the Elos style tank and the iPad makes the perfect match. You should really try the NP biopellets. From what I hear they are the bomb B)

If this tank is half as good as your 47 it will go far in the contest :D

Thanks nanoreef-R I hope it will be at least half as good as the 47, if not better. I will most likely be using the NP Biopellets, but I have to read a bit more about them.

This tank needs some wet water!

I agree its way overdue now. Still waiting on a skimmer.

It already looks beautiful empty :P

can't wait to see this up! I am a big fan of your 47g ;)

I am pretty excited as well. I will definately be taking a few frags from the 47 when this is up and running.

< Impressed.

Does this mean Less than impressed??

love the clean look lets see if it can stay that way

Hopefully it will. I will be carbon dosing with either VSV or N/P Reducing Biopellets which should help keep it pristine.

From Your shallow cube.

You gotta give me advice on what i should do with mine.

Maby drop by, n trade some frags, U take a vid of mine;)

haha

Looking good-- get err wet!

;)

it was an arrow pointing to his avatar. yes we are impressed :)

Haha ok ok. Just checking.

From Your shallow cube.

You gotta give me advice on what i should do with mine.

Maby drop by, n trade some frags, U take a vid of mine;)

haha

Looking good-- get err wet!

;)

Uh Advice? Yea right Its a competition, I want to win!..... ;) No just joking.

Of course I can offer my 2 Cents on all of the contest setups. I would love to help. Are you adding your setup to the competition?

I would love to trade frags for video depends on what you have of course...

quickfinger

Awesome tank. I showed pix of it to my yellow watchman goby and he popped wood.

Ok, that's a lie. But it is a sweet setup...can't wait to see the finished product.

Awesome tank. I showed pix of it to my yellow watchman goby and he popped wood.

Ok, that's a lie. But it is a sweet setup...can't wait to see the finished product.

Haha thanks Quick. I may have a watchman goby of my own in here...

Captivating_Reef

Amazing little tank you built! I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me cause I wanted to put one together myself. When figuring out the sizes of the glass panels did you have to leave room for the silicone or did you just account for the thickness of the glass? The silicone you used I think I found it at home hardware on there site but do you know if it comes in black or if you can use another silicone that is black that will be safe? Thanks.

Amazing little tank you built! I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me cause I wanted to put one together myself.

Thanks for the compliments.

To answer your questions:

When figuring out the sizes of the glass panels did you have to leave room for the silicone or did you just account for the thickness of the glass?

I just measured the glass assuming it would be flush.

Make sure to account for the width of your glass when measuring. EG: if your tank is 15" wide and your glass is 1/4" then at least two sides of the box will have 14.5" panels to allow for the 1/4" thick glass to add up to 15 inches where it overlaps.

As far as compensation silicone width, it is too minimal to account for and it is pretty close even on each side so it works out ok.

The silicone you used I think I found it at home hardware on there site but do you know if it comes in black or if you can use another silicone that is black that will be safe? Thanks.

Not sure here I am sure you can find it but I don't know enough about silicon types to answer that. You are looking for marine grade non toxic silicone.

yawnnnnnnnnnnn

I know I know. I haven't filled it yet... I am still waiting on the Bubble Magus Cone Skimmer to Arrive in Canada....

Believe me you will know when Its full.

Archived