Pod Your Reef

AJ_Tsin's Custom 13.5G Studio Rimless Reef **Nano Contest**

AJ_Tsin

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks good but the fixture doesn't seem to fit-kinda clunky

Wowwwww this is going to be great =) I agree with the above statement, but it doesn't really bother me a ton. A smaller fixture would add a ton to the aesthetics of this.

maybe if he painted it silver might look a little better

I kind-of agree with all of you, I am looking to paint it white or silver. The system looks very sleek and the clunky black light sort of clashes with it all.

wow, that is the best looking light bracket i have ever seen.

Thanks mdannyg..

Wow, looks awesome man.

I agree with the light statements but it doesn't bother me.

Thanks Animal. I think i need one of these..... http://www.goreef.com/AquaIllumination-LED-Fixture/

Or perhaps its time for a DIY LED fixture....?

Thanks for all the feedback. I am pleased with the bracket but at the very minimum now I definitely think the fixture needs to be painted.

Hey AJ this would look the best over that tank and would complement the build of this tank more than other light fixture i could think of..

I actually just asked my LFS about ordering that for me. We will see. I also like the Elos e-light.

In the meantime: Here are some progress shots from today. Full updates to come but the light is going white and there's finally water in the tank.

photo1.jpg

photo2-21.jpg

photo4.jpg

I have another thought:

This tank is friggin' awesome!!!!

Ha thanks. Thats more like it.

BTW here are a couple more shots you can see the scape a bit clearer now.

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Very cool! It looks a lot bigger than 13 gallons.

Thanks.

Yea, the rocks create a bit of an optical Illusion. Also the sugar sized sand and open concept sand bed make it look way bigger than it is. Wait till a fish or two are in there... it will seem pretty small pretty quickly.

those are really yellow walls :o

the scape looks really nice!

Yea the walls are quite yellow. This tank is in my office which is in a literally brand new $3.02 million interactive media production facility. We designed the space to look pretty creative so all of the walls in the facility are pretty bright primary colors.

That scape is amazing :bowdown:

Ha thanks dude. I am liking the look right now too. Wait till I get some corals in there, it should shape up nicely, this is a contest tank after all...

Well here it is folks... Light is painted... Tank is full... Scape is set... Cycle in progress. I am adding MB7 Daily.

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

I think it looks way better white. Here's a shot of the light before.

IMG_1260.jpg

100x better. Great tank. This is going to be really killer. Your 47g is a real inspiration too.

Awesome glad to hear. Thanks for the kind words. The white definately ties it all together.

Looking pretty sleek man. What are your fish and coral plans?

I have a few plans in motion but we will see, nothing too concrete yet. I'll post as I figure it out.

perfect. amazing how i actually kind of like the design and shape of that light now that it's painted.

Thanks. Yea it's night and day... Or black and white...

What about all you other folks who thought the light was too clunky this the fix?

I have a few plans in motion but we will see, nothing too concrete yet. I'll post as I figure it out.

Thanks. Yea it's night and day... Or black and white...

What about all you other folks who thought the light was too clunky this the fix?

better but still too clunky for my taste-then again I'm a less is more kind of guy :lol:

Very nice! I like the way it looks, great coverage. And I believe you'll be happy with the T5s overall. It really makes the office a step above.

Archived