Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Down at Frag-gle Rock!

automatik_33

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah its really starting to come in on the rock and on the back glass. Also think I decided on a true perc to give company to my other clown :)

• 2 weeks later...
automatik_33
Nice clown man. Tank is still looking good. What kind of clown is it exactly??

Thanks! :happy: My LFS had the clown marked as a Picasso. I didn't really realize how small he was till I put him in the tank with my other clown. So far they have become good friends though. :)

boosted chemist
Thanks! :happy: My LFS had the clown marked as a Picasso. I didn't really realize how small he was till I put him in the tank with my other clown. So far they have become good friends though. :)

nice, i Just picked up a onyx clown my self.

automatik_33
nice, i Just picked up a onyx clown my self.

Sweet!! The colors on them are really amazing and they are very active fish.

Sweet man thats awesome.

Thanks!

automatik_33
Clown looks great, glad the introduction went smooth

Thanks! It was a liitle bit of a struggle at first as my larger clown chased him down a bit and I had to keep a close eye to make sure he didn't jump out.

did you ever get a cycle?

Oh yeah. It was about a month before I started to add anything. Everyday I would walk past my empty tank and feel impatient but it really has paid off to just ride it out rather than force anything to happen.

automatik_33

I added them a little earlier than I think I should have but it was about 2 weeks in. I made sure to test my water every other day before that though. Also having some rock from someone who was breaking their tank down really helped the process out a lot more.

I know it sounds like a long time with it being about a month or so but during that time I really just kept on the forums and just asked questions and read a lot. You never know what problems you may run into in the future and the more you familiarize yourself with that now it shouldn't be as big a shock if the same happens to you. This is a great forum to gain a lot of knowledge and I know for sure that I still have a long way to go.

automatik_33

Also been thinking of adding a new invert due to the fact that I have not seen my pistol shrimp nor heard from him since the move. I fear the worst and feel that is why the watchman seems very timid still and stays in his burrow whenever I come around the tank.

Any ideas on a new invert? Also anything I can do to help the goby be a little more trusting with me again? :mellow:

So bad news. Picasso did not make it. No battle wounds or scars. One morning woke up checked on the tank as usual before work and he was nowhere to be found. :( Checked everywhere with a flashlight, as the lights were not on yet, and could not locate him. Thought the worst and checked the overflow and yep he was stuck in there still alive. Took him out immediately but may have been too late. So debating on whether or not to add any other livestock at the moment.

That sucks a lot man...sorry to hear about your loss. I am down your way until tomorrow. Got to go to sea world on saturday. Kinda disappointed in their "coral reef" display. They had one tank with lots of corals. But atleast the weather is warmer here.

Thanks everyone. I am still debating on whether or not to add a mate for the clown soon or to just concentrate on getting some more coral. Maybe even some more acans :)

boosted chemist
Thanks everyone. I am still debating on whether or not to add a mate for the clown soon or to just concentrate on getting some more coral. Maybe even some more acans :)

i like that purple acan with white stripes and green center, very nice

• 3 weeks later...

Archived