ReefCleaners.org

Down at Frag-gle Rock!

automatik_33

Oh cool a clean up crew, what did u order and how many. Your going to like the tek, it's so lite and sleek. I have mine like 6 to 7 inches from the water I believe. My corals being growing real good. Going back on ur cuc, this is the department where I might be way off. Ever since I got my tanks I have never really had a good cuc. Right now my cuc only consist of 2 asterina snails( I believe that's what there called) 1 skunk cleaner shrimp and the oldest hermit crabs I have. I had them for about maybe 2yrs I have 3 of them. I never had a problem with algea on the glass. But maybe down the line I'll get some snails, or maybe a tuxedo urchin lol. Well good luck with everything.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tundrashaul
Just ordered my Tek fixture. :happy:

omgomgomg:happydance:

Those lights are friggin sweet, have you thought up a bulb combo?

Nice CUC, Bumble bee is cool looking. My peppermint shrimp "Patty" hides ALL the time, i cant even get a pic.. but at night if i stick my hand in she gets on it and feels like she feeds on the underside of my nails!!! i have been giving her shrimp pellets since she got the aipstaia already B) those hermits should do quick work with the hair algae. have you had any phosphates?? i have very little, but was wondering if it was coming from the dry rock.

automatik_33
Oh cool a clean up crew, what did u order and how many. Your going to like the tek, it's so lite and sleek. I have mine like 6 to 7 inches from the water I believe. My corals being growing real good. Going back on ur cuc, this is the department where I might be way off. Ever since I got my tanks I have never really had a good cuc. Right now my cuc only consist of 2 asterina snails( I believe that's what there called) 1 skunk cleaner shrimp and the oldest hermit crabs I have. I had them for about maybe 2yrs I have 3 of them. I never had a problem with algea on the glass. But maybe down the line I'll get some snails, or maybe a tuxedo urchin lol. Well good luck with everything.

Thanks! I got 10 hermits, 10 astreas (2 in the sump), 2 bumble bees, and 5 nassarius plus the peppermint. I can't wait to get my light fixture. :happy:

omgomgomg:happydance:

Those lights are friggin sweet, have you thought up a bulb combo?

Nice CUC, Bumble bee is cool looking. My peppermint shrimp "Patty" hides ALL the time, i cant even get a pic.. but at night if i stick my hand in she gets on it and feels like she feeds on the underside of my nails!!! i have been giving her shrimp pellets since she got the aipstaia already B) those hermits should do quick work with the hair algae. have you had any phosphates?? i have very little, but was wondering if it was coming from the dry rock.

Yeah I ordered from reefgeek so I got the fixture/bulb combo with 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Aquablue and a KZ Fiji Purple. Really liked the look of this combo at my lfs. Much different in person than through pics. Yeah my peppermint is more of a night owl. Saw him on one of the koralias while I was on the computer, lol. My phosphates have read zero since about sunday but will check again today most likely. Just got home right now and all the hermits are balled up together asleep it seems like. :happy:

automatik_33

Tek lights are actually up already and I have added a few additions to the tank! :happy:

Will work on getting a few pics right now. If I can catch them. ;)

automatik_33

New pics. Did a water change yesterday and check all parameters before adding these guys today. :happy:

Clowns

clowns.jpg

clown.jpg

Yellow Watchman

watchman.jpg

Acans

acans.jpg

Paly's

Palys.jpg

FTS (sorry for the bad pic but wanted to get the light fixture in too)

fts6-17.jpg

Will save some more pics for next week. :P As soon as I sell my other light fixture will definitely look into getting a camera. B)

Oh I see u got your tek light set up now. How do you like it? It's very light weight. I love mine, well comparing it to my old fixture. I see u got some more live stock. Everything seems to be looking good. Any other plans in live stock for you? What do you plan on adding as corals go?

automatik_33

Thanks titos!

Yeah I love this new light. Made a nice hanging bracket for it so I didn't have to use the apt. ceiling. Easy to move up and down too.

Yeah all of the livestock has been doing great. Everyone is very active and the corals have been opening great. Still battling a little hair algae but got a turbo snail to work on that.

As far as corals I am really falling in love with a bunch on acans. Will probably have to wait a while though and allow my tank to even out with the livestock I have now. Will definitely be checking in on everything everyday to monitor everything.

Thanks titos!

Yeah I love this new light. Made a nice hanging bracket for it so I didn't have to use the apt. ceiling. Easy to move up and down too.

Yeah all of the livestock has been doing great. Everyone is very active and the corals have been opening great. Still battling a little hair algae but got a turbo snail to work on that.

As far as corals I am really falling in love with a bunch on acans. Will probably have to wait a while though and allow my tank to even out with the livestock I have now. Will definitely be checking in on everything everyday to monitor everything.

oh so u live in an appartment, I also live in an appartment. That's why I didn't hung my fixture.. I'm also really loving acans. I got some new ones just on Thursday.

automatik_33

Thanks guys!

Will make sure to get a FTS up tomorrow when the lights are on. Made some big changes I'm very excited about and will definitely borrow a camera tomorrow to get some clear shots of what has really become frag-gle rock. ;)

P.S. also had a loss this last week so will address that tomorrow also.

automatik_33

Sorry it took me so long to get some pics up this week (gf might move in :scarry: ). But anyways there was a recent loss this last week. I lost my smaller clown due to what I think was bad planning on the flow and scape and maybe the clown not being the brightest tool in the shed. :slap:

It seems as though he got stuck behind the left rock and rather than go with the flow to the other side he would always fight against it till he would get tired and let it take him. This happened a couple times until father's day I found him being ravaged by some hermits who seem to be getting out of control :angry: (eating astreas and nass snails for shells).

So in his memory I changed up my scape just a little bit. I also kept with the theme and now I present some more frag-gles:

Somewhat Zoa Garden

zoas.jpg

Toadstool (Kinda Open)

toadstoolopen.jpg

Toadstool (Closed)

toadstool.jpg

Right Side

rightside6-25.jpg

Right Angle

rightangle.jpg

Ricordia

ric.jpg

Red Acan

redacan.jpg

Left Side

leftside.jpg

Left Angle

leftangle.jpg

GSP

gsp.jpg

Goby

goby.jpg

Frogspawn

frogspawn.jpg

Favia?

favia.jpg

Clown

clown-1.jpg

Brain/Lobo?

brain.jpg

Blue Acan

blueacan.jpg

Blenny (Still Hiding)

blenny.jpg

Paly's, Mushroom and Zoas

3peat.jpg

Also I would really like some help id'ing some frags as far as more common names. I am aware of their scientific names and know the pics really suck but if you can give me an idea of what they might be I could look them up and compare.

Any info or concerns you all could give me as far as where I have placed any frags would help tremendously. I did a lot of research on lighting conditions and flow but would like some more opinions. :happy:

Thanks,

Marc

tundrashaul

New scape is awesome. Sorry to hear about your clown, Looks like you have a lot a new frags.....ive been keeping my eye out for a small Acan frag of some sort, the larger ones are $$$. cool frogspawn too, are you going to get a shrimp to pair with that goby?

automatik_33

Thanks! The new scape kind of happened on accident when I was fishing out the clown and leaned the middle top rock over then it just all came together.

I've actually been looking a lot locally for people fragging some acans cause I really want to watch them grow into those huge ones I have seen before. They do get expensive though.

Funny thing about the goby is that I put him in with a pistol and after the first day they met each other they seemed to have separated for the time being (think the goby is cheating with the clown. they spend way too much time together whenever I see them). That first day the ywg stood guard while the pistol dug. Then they just split ways. But anyway every now and then I hear the "click click" so I know he is still alive in his burrow which seem to pop up and get covered all the time by the hermit crew.

cruzH20polo

really like your set up

your scape is really awesome too, i liked the 3 island, but your current ones looks better i think

and your acans are sweet

automatik_33
really like your set up

your scape is really awesome too, i liked the 3 island, but your current ones looks better i think

and your acans are sweet

Thanks!

Yeah I liked the old scape but think this may work out a little better for my coral plans. I am really falling for acans and have a couple more to pick up but didn't want to add too much at once. Really like your setup too. You have some really nice colored acans.

captainbastard

Lookin good man. Im guessing its cloudy and the zoas are a little closed due to the recent scape change

automatik_33
Lookin good man. Im guessing its cloudy and the zoas are a little closed due to the recent scape change

Thanks!

Yeah it's still a bit cloudy. Just running filter floss and changing it out everyday and its been clearing up these last couple of days. I actually just moved everyone around to take a few pics so they are a little p.o. with me. That and the hermits are going through the rocks they are attached to and cleaning/bothering them.

cruzH20polo
Thanks!

Yeah I liked the old scape but think this may work out a little better for my coral plans. I am really falling for acans and have a couple more to pick up but didn't want to add too much at once. Really like your setup too. You have some really nice colored acans.

acans are awesome

supper satisfying to keep, you can feed em and just keep growing and growing and growing :D

automatik_33

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions or suggestions as to where to place my frags and larger corals. I did a lot of research and most of them tend to be opening up but I feel they could be happier. I hate to move them so much but would like to hear some spots anybody else would place them.

Also after changing up the right scape I really like that look and would like a similar setup on the left. Would it be a big change in parameters if I took the rock out and broke it up into smaller pieces to rearrange? Also I have a pistol shrimp that lives under that side, so would that be a big problem to mess with that side at all?

automatik_33

Any problems with taking the rocks on the left side of my scape and breaking them up a bit to rescape? Would it cause a real big spike in the parameters? I'm just finding it kind of hard to place corals on the left side and running out on the right side.

Also the toadstool seems to be growing a lot but is still not fully extending. It has been its new spot about a week and a half and has every now and then opened more than before but not sure if the flow is not enough or too much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tundrashaul

I agree that right side is money, im not sure bout how long you can have it out.......maybe on your next water change pull them out and do it in the bucket as much as you can, or even better now that your girl is livin with you have her just run tank water through a 1/4 inch hose, keeping them wet while you do it quickly. this shouldnt cause too big of a jump i dont think

Archived