Cultivated Reef

Down at Frag-gle Rock!

automatik_33

captainbastard

Lookin good on the right. I would drop that big rock down to the side. Breaking it up shouldn't be an issue as long as it isn't out of the tank for a long time. You can always put corals on the sand until you find a good place for em

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
automatik_33

Thanks. Everyone seemed a lot happier with the flow actually being able to go everywhere without that big rock diverting the water. Still kept all the rock but put it in the sump and seems to be helping smooth out the flow down there. Will check parameters again today just to take precaution.

automatik_33

Thanks!

I actually moved everything down to the sand bed earlier today until I can find the right height I want to place my lighting at and how the flow will work out with the new scape.

automatik_33

So yesterday as I was feeding I noticed a worm stick its head out of a crevice of rock. After some research and comparing pictures it looks to be a harmless bristle worm but very close to a fireworm. Is there any safe way to introduce something to make the tank a bit safer as a precaution. I have not noticed any damage to any corals (other than a little bit of what seems like dead flesh to the recent favia I got).

I want to control any problems before they get out of hand. I have heard good and bad things about arrow crabs. Not sure if I want to add another fish atm but looking for a more natural way of keeping them in check rather than setting up traps.

latteslave

The wrasse would do it, and anything else that looks like a worm... Including brittle stars. I have not had any real problems with worms, so maybe just keep an eye out?

automatik_33

Updates.

New FTS

FTS7-6-10.jpg

Left Side

LeftRockStructure7-6-10.jpg

Center (with palys and more zoas)

Center7-6-10.jpg

Right Side

RightRockStructure7-6-10.jpg

Blueish Green Acans (seem to be changing into a more neon blue color :happy:)

BlueAcans7-6-10.jpg

Bumblebee (same spot as the first time I photographed him but guarantee he is alive)

BumblebeeSnail7-6-10.jpg

Frogspawn with Toadstool in the distance

FrogspawnandToadstoolLeather7-6-10.jpg

White with green center Acan (NEW)

GreenAcan7-6-10.jpg

GSP

GSP7-6-10.jpg

Shroom

Mushroom7-6-10.jpg

Peppermint Acan

PeppermintAcan7-6-10.jpg

Red Acan

RedAcan-1.jpg

Clown (hosting the locline return) :slap:

TruePerc7-6-10.jpg

YWG

YellowWatchmanGoby7-6-10.jpg

Zoas

Zoas-1.jpg

More Zoas

Zoas2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
automatik_33

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Had to do some rearranging at home and have been so tired that I haven't been on my computer in a while. Anyway everything with the tank is going great still. Everything is still happy and open. I've gotten up to 5 acans now and still looking to add on. Fish are doing good as well as a temporary addition ;). Will work on getting a few pics up right now though I still have no camera :/.

automatik_33

Guess it wasn't the best day for school pictures in the tank tonight. Will work on some more this week.

RightSide8-2-10.jpg

LeftSide8-2-10.jpg

Hermit Land

HermitLand8-2-10.jpg

FTS8-2-10.jpg

automatik_33

Thanks!

I just got paid today so definitely going to be looking for some more this week. Still battling a little hair algae right now but I seem to be winning the battle :lol: Can't wait to see what I can add though!

automatik_33

Well I couldn't resist and kinda splurged on some more acans :lol: I picked one up yesterday from a local reefer and actually got a free sps frag in the process :happy: And just put in an order for a package of acans at a price I couldn't resist. Will post pics of the two I got yesterday but the other 5 will be here wednesday :happy:

So you couldn't resist or you didn't even try to resist.

I am going to be in San Antonio in Oct. to visit the sister and get to go to the giant fish tank (sea world).

automatik_33
So you couldn't resist or you didn't even try to resist.

I am going to be in San Antonio in Oct. to visit the sister and get to go to the giant fish tank (sea world).

I tried to spread out my aquarium funds but they all seemed to go towards one thing more than the vortech I have wanted so bad for so long. :tears: I think I will be happy with my purchase though :happy:

Well if you ever want to check out the tank or a couple lfs while your down here let me know. Yeah gotta love sea world!

I can't wait for sea world. I think I could live there. I haven't came across any corals that I have become obsessed with yet. I just have a hard time spending so much for a small frag. My acan frag came from the Mr. Coral $10 selection. As far as the vortech, my koralia is doing the job I need it to do for about 1/5 the price.

automatik_33

Yeah I had a little trouble deciding at first which corals I was most interested in and what I could learn about them. Thought that since this tank is kind of my own therapeutic getaway I would use it as a grow out tank but watch it grow over time like a bonsai tree. I try to practice a lot of meditation and it gives off that soothing feeling in my room :lol:. Anyways I am in the process of getting ready to let this one grow slowly and start setting up my 40b I got at the petco sale as a fowlr for now until I can save up enough to start stocking coral in there :lol:

And yeah my Koralias are doing great also. Great price also.

For some reason your lastest pics finally appear on the screen. I love the goby. YWG are awesome.

A 40b fowlr would be awesome. I enjoy corals, but I thoroughly enjoy watching fish and you just can't get a whole lot in a 20. Just make sure to keep the updates of the grow out coming.

Archived