Pod Your Reef

10 Minutes a day to keep your water perfect

reefer916

Deleted User 6
While teaching your kids manners, be sure to have them read through this thread to see how their mommy/daddy responds to people who do not agree with him/her ;)

this, lol.

for someone so rich and successful, he sure is showing how fragile his ego is.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are probably right. Here's a simple math question for those of you who passed multiplication. What's $100,000,000 * .8%= . That's what the deuches make annually for thinking outside the box. If I believed everything I read my clients would have lost half their retirements during 07-08. It will matter once your balls drop and mommy and daddy cut your allowance and tell you to get a job. However, if your stuck on the forums talking crap. You may end up being a 30 yr old virgin with a bunch of cool virtual friends. Hell, by that time technology will probably allow you to rub eachother off...haha. Oh yeah, you'll probably have a nice tank too. By the way, no matter what you read your gym sock with KY isn't like the real thing.

Sorry I can't entertain you guys anymore. This old fart would rather work and spend time with my kids, so they don't turnout to be disrespectful little twirps like you guys. Good luck:)

Moderator close this thread and take me off the list.

I am glad im poor, I didnt realize that having that kind of money made you ignorant.

Oh, and I do a 5 gal WC about every 10 days.

You guys are probably right. Here's a simple math question for those of you who passed multiplication. What's $100,000,000 * .8%= . That's what the deuches make annually for thinking outside the box. If I believed everything I read my clients would have lost half their retirements during 07-08. It will matter once your balls drop and mommy and daddy cut your allowance and tell you to get a job. However, if your stuck on the forums talking crap. You may end up being a 30 yr old virgin with a bunch of cool virtual friends. Hell, by that time technology will probably allow you to rub eachother off...haha. Oh yeah, you'll probably have a nice tank too. By the way, no matter what you read your gym sock with KY isn't like the real thing.

Sorry I can't entertain you guys anymore. This old fart would rather work and spend time with my kids, so they don't turnout to be disrespectful little twirps like you guys. Good luck:)

lol kill yourself emo

Yeah, but do you have a chainlink fence yet??!?

Someone please add this to the "Blaze of Glory" thread... Thank you and good night!

I actually agree with all of you who posted. I pretty much mucked up this thread on my own. Definitely not something a rational adult would stoop down too. I wouldn't want my kids being exposed to the last few days of posts on this thread. I try to rationalize it with having a 103 temp, stomach flu, and other personal stresses, but none of it really negates what I posted.

What I like about this hobby is its diverse nature of backgrounds and people with a common interest. Doesn't matter how much money someone makes or how old they are. Everyone bounces ideas and theories off eachother with the common goal of keeping a successful reef.

For some reason I took HD's original posts personally and I responded extremely immaturely. Probably worse than any 14,12,7, year old. Sucks because it would have been great, if I was more open to discussing the different methods. I haven't eaten in 3 days and ####### out of my ass is no fun. Not joking..haha. I stand corrected and apologize for the last 2 days.

I'm not apologizing because I'm worried about a bunch of reefers attacking my house. No chain link fence needed. Just a few six packs and some frags. I'll leave the assault rifles in the safe, unless there some NRA members amongst you. Then we could hit the range too. Nothing like a day of shooting, fragging, and beers. Again, sorry guys and hope this thread continues to help others. Also, hope the moderators delete the irrational postings on my part over the last few days.

I'm not sure if I'll continue updating because I pretty much humiliated myself, but hope that young guys like HD and you guys with 20k posts will continue the different water change discussions. Happy Reefing everyone.

Chris

I actually agree with all of you who posted. I pretty much mucked up this thread on my own. Definitely not something a rational adult would stoop down too.

I'm not sure if I'll continue updating because I pretty much humiliated myself, but hope that young guys like HD and you guys with 20k posts will continue the different water change discussions. Happy Reefing everyone.

Chris

You pretty much redeemed yourself in this one very mature apology.

Who else want to "grow a pair" ?

Thanks guys, I've always been taught that it takes a bigger person to admit when your wrong. I also spoke with HD to apologize and turns out he's not a really smart 14 year old, but a 26 year old 3rd year law student. Guess he decided to practice his debating and discussion skills on this thread.. Definitely, knows how to push peoples buttons, but knows his stuff theoretically..haha

Well, wasn't able to do my daily changes for 5 days due to the stomach flu and could barely roll out of bed to dose. Tank is fine and did 2 five gallon water changes over the last few days. I'm going to try and cut back to 3-4 gallon water changes 3x a week and see how the system handles it. Still only takes 10 minutes a day, but it's only 3x a week rather than 7:)

I'm still having problems with the 24 gallon's consumption of Alk due to the coral load. Water changes and dosing 11ml's of Alk and 5mls of Ca of Bi-Ionic doesn't seem to be keeping my Alk from dropping . I forgot to dose for 2 days and my Alk went from 9.5 dkh to 6.5 dkh. Everything looks fine and I have it back up to 8.5 right now and will bump it back up to 9.5 today. Anyone using the Bubble Magus dosing pumps or other dosing pumps? I'll probably hook one up to my 45 gallon and hopefully have all of my corals moved over in the next 4 weeks. Thanks guys...

• 1 month later...

Just wanna jump in on this one and say thanks guys!!

Noobie to NR but been reading threads quietly for the last few months. Set up an 8g tank just after xmas and have been doing 1/2g water changes every day (except a few I've missed) since about week 3! The tank is thriving! It's just so easy making up 3 1/2g of water once a week. I mix it for a day or so in the garage then divide it up into 7 half gallon well cleaned plastic milk cartons and put them in the empty side of the cabinet under my 90g Malawi tank, this keeps them warm! Then I have an air pump and just move the airstone to each container when i take one out! I have a container marked "Dirty" and syphon out just the right amout and then carefully pour the clean water in. So easy!

Everything is doing great and the water seems stable. Coraline starting to grow well after 12 weeks in so fingers crossed!!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=268595

Here it is anyway!

Just wanna jump in on this one and say thanks guys!!

Noobie to NR but been reading threads quietly for the last few months. Set up an 8g tank just after xmas and have been doing 1/2g water changes every day (except a few I've missed) since about week 3! The tank is thriving! It's just so easy making up 3 1/2g of water once a week. I mix it for a day or so in the garage then divide it up into 7 half gallon well cleaned plastic milk cartons and put them in the empty side of the cabinet under my 90g Malawi tank, this keeps them warm! Then I have an air pump and just move the airstone to each container when i take one out! I have a container marked "Dirty" and syphon out just the right amout and then carefully pour the clean water in. So easy!

Everything is doing great and the water seems stable. Coraline starting to grow well after 12 weeks in so fingers crossed!!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=268595

Here it is anyway!

Very nice, I'm glad the water changes have been working out for you. The daily water changes worked really well in my 24 gallon for the two years I had it up and running.

I haven't updated this thread for awhile, since before we transferred the 24 AP livestock into the 45 gallon over a month ago. The new tank was cycled for about 3 months before the transfer, but at least 15lbs of LR was moved over from the 24 and 95 gallons that had corals attached them. I decided to do the daily water changes for a month changing out 2-3 gallons a day for 4 weeks after transfer. However, after testing the water the need for daily water changes in this system isn't really necessary. The filtration system and fairly low fish bioload is working pretty efficiently. Currently I cut back to one 8-10 gallon on the weekend and 1-2x 4 gallon water changes during the week. So technically I don't have a system that I use the daily water changes on anymore. I would still recommend it though and will use it in the future, when I move my tanks..ugh or upgrade:)

I did lose a maricultured acro, my Utter Chaos's, and a few other zoas after the move. All the other corals transferred without a problem and have colored up since these pics. These pics were taken 2 days after the transfer and a few corals have been replaced with nicer pieces since then. Anyways, here are some pics..

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

o crap. that is about 3k in corals from where Im located. this is tank of the month material and I want to have it in my house.

o crap. that is about 3k in corals from where Im located. this is tank of the month material and I want to have it in my house.

Hey Brandon,

Thanks, hopefully one of these days we could get the setup to be a TOTM, but we're waiting for some of the sps to grow out. There are so many awesome tanks out there. I saw one of the nicest tanks I've ever seen in person last week. It's a 360 that's been running for 5 years. She literally has a ATL Pink Lemonade colony 3 feet x 3 feet and a Hawkins colony just a little smaller, along with a good 50 other nice lineaged sps and chalice colonies.

We replaced some of the acros with some nicer ones from her tank and we're realizing the tank is getting a little cramped..lol The tanks doing well and I'll try to get some new pics of it this weekend because most of the corals are showing much better color and growth. I'm wondering if we should start doing the daily water changes again to experiment somemore, but the filtration system that's hooked up to the new tank is top notch and the fish bioload is pretty low. I feel like I betrayed the thread by only doing 3 water changes a week, but it seems to be working..lol

I still think that the daily water changes are awesome for young setups or for nano's without skimmers, phospate reactors, or other mechanical filtration. It even works well after you add all of the equipment. I'd say the colors of the Red Planet, Reeffarmers Ice Fire Enchinata, and a few others looked better in the 24 gallon with daily water changes. Could be just adjusting to the different lighting and flow conditions, but miss the colors that little tank brought out.

Anyways, how's the Pico Vase tank doing? Still doing your daily water changes? That's a sweet tank and I was thinking about setting one up in my office along with my 12 gallon AP.

Archived