inTank Media Baskets

bonese's 40b | revival

bonese

Rods Foods = Bubbles. That is if you do not turn of your skimmer prior to feeding.

I hate my camera skills. Furthermore resulting in a complete lack of pictures from now until I find my stride.

DH - News on the Wife-MTK-getdrunk-OHNOSHECANT-She'spreggor-Day?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The male is out and about now so I'm really please with that. Maintaining the .9ml dose until Monday in which it gets bumped to 1.4ml.

Let me know if there is anything I should be doing? As it seems this tank was much easier (besides this mother ####ing algae) than my others and I have grown to expect problems.

Should I reduce the feedings, maybe to 5 times a week not all 7?

Would that help or would that just #### everything up as it is being a ULN so I need to keep the food supply steady?

lol you should see how much I feed. last night for example. each coral head was fed, each fish was fed enough for the helfrich's to get 10 pellets each. so the clowns where little piggy's. & yeah I feed multi times a day.

Lol oh ok now I don't feel horrible. Have you noticed your tank is cloudy after feeding and #### or is it just me?

Whats new in the tank JP?

nothing I haven't added much since say august, & I haven't felt like replacing the things that have gone belly up. like my wrasse & shrimp. well I did get that second helfrich but It feels like its always been there.

Feed hard. Always feed hard. If your filtration can't keep up, you're doing it wrong.

By which I mean, if you're not feeding 3 times a day, try harder.

Three times?! I'm doing it wrong.

I think my ####s wrong as I can tell due to the feeding plus algae but it's not thinning out or anything like that. What the ####.

don't worry about it many fed 3 pellets every other day on normal tanks. it may take awhile to get use to it & the tank is new.

Ok so in time it will adjust to the feedings and cope with them.

I think we may MAY have Flatworms - a very small population but I do see what appears to be them on the glass in the corner about an inch from the sand bed. Flatworm eXit will be the course of action.

Is there a way to make my skimmer more effiecent? It's rated for huge tanks but it isn't doing what I anticipated it to be doing.

Flatworms = Get Drunk and rant about them to people who have no idea what they are.

The best way to make your skimmer more efficient is size it to do its intended job ;) feed more or add more fish if it's way overrated.

Personally I'd prefer a slightly underrated skimmer rather than massively oversized - then performance is always going to be at peak as opposed to having peaks and troughs which can cause bacteria and algaes to go whacko. But then I'm crazy and tend to change out 100% of my water every week...

.................But then I'm crazy and tend to change out 100% of my water every week...

Are you serious about that? Do you get your water free from like, oh I don't know, the ocean or one of the universities?

Are you serious about that? Do you get your water free from like, oh I don't know, the ocean or one of the universities?

Up until this last tank I've always used ASW. Never had storage facility for NSW, even though I'm literally 50 yards from the damn Pacific. In fact, I'll be going back to ASW soon enough... the water quality is too bad after the cyclones and floods and such.

Vodka Dosage as of tomorrow (3/14): 1.4ml

Still doing water changes and will likely increase the amount of changes per week to something like 4 perhaps.

go ahead & keep the WC as they are. they only do so much. there need should be based on the nitrate levels. so maby only do them if the levels read high.

So the Blue Hawkins has lost its blue and it has gone in to a purple/red/brown stage. It does look better than what it did about weeks ago when it was bleaching. Would it be safe now to move it up or should I give this one up? I feel like its healthier now - just not colorful enough.

This hair algae is more annoying than MD.

well I would say to let it stabilize a little longer. moving them around is actually quite stressful for them. but nork or henry will probably give a better answer.

Ok cool I was under the impression that four weeks was a good amount. I have no problem with tim its just I want to know what I'm looking/waiting for.

Archived