Pod Your Reef

bonese's 40b | revival

bonese

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the M3's are just scary. To keep up you have to go for the RS4 which just bumps you into the land of sillyness. Its where I like to think about the simple A4 with its turbo. a couple grand & your pushing the same power. then it really just comes down to 1. do you want all wheel drive or rear wheal drive. 2. do you want the to show off or just to eat mustangs. I don't need anything flash. I actually bought it for the safety system.

I totally understand. The new M3 is alright - I watch BBC's Top Gear, They put the RS4 against the new M3 - Will not give you the ending but they were surprised at each.

AWD Audi system is amazing I LOVE they old Quattros - Gen. 1's and such but around here no one has any. Lancia Intergrale > Any AWD Rally Car.

What's your next choice JP?

The last gen wrx. but again awd & safety. It just snows to much up here to not go for it when you can. then on top of that I know how bad the other drivers are. My thing is that the A4 is the first car if fit in since high school & theres not much else out there for me. With out stepping into a true sports car, like vet or 3000gt. problem is I need a back seat. with out kids & of a normal build. Camaro & mustang Can't turn. M3 rocks but its a cop magnet. Z4 is worse. WRX & Lancer are all flash, but the do at least have go. Unlike anything below toyota's supra. My main thing is turning & acceleration. coming from an scca background. I care about slalom above most else the powering out of the corner.

maybe acura TL.

Nay don't think its a test. I was being obnoxious.

that would be the new AUDI Quattro Concept car.

This may sound stupid - Couls this hair algae be the chaeto going sexual in the tank? The only reason why I say this is because it doesn't have the same fuzzy appearance as that of the LHA outbreaks I've seen on google. I have thicker strands that go clear when they seem to get too long. Also it seems to be "Tough" as in it feels rough when you grab it not slimy.

Is this even possible? I know Caulerpa is a sexual beast but I have no idea on my situation. It seems like it is harder to kill than hair algae too. Water changes and manaul removal just seem to fuel the fire.

Cool - Its some dense ####.

JP just so I better understand whats going on, what is fueling the growth? Unstable? New? Everything?

Ok there will always be nutrients in the tank. These nutrients are in flux, there moving from one point to another. Being utilized along the way, by what ever can get their hands on them. In this case its the algae. As the tank mature's there will become other things that utilize the nutrients. This is why your adding the vodka, to add nutrients, of a specific type to help balance out the proportions. So that the nutrients will be utilized at the same rate, preventing a build up of any one. In the early days of the tank, there is not an equal percentage or the ratio is unbalanced. Do to the die off & other factors. It just takes some time for this to balance back out. Things like the skimmer & water changes will enable this. Just keep in mind that the water changes should be based on the level of nitrate. Between the carbon, skimmer, & WC. Things should settle down it just needs time. As it happens the algae will fade in color & disappear.

Ok thank you for that synopsis.

It has today in some select strands taken a silvery appearance. Its pretty cool as I've never seen anything look like this.

Unless a coral is showing major signs of stress and you've got somewhere you know is more suitable, never move it during stages of establishment. This is especially true of Acropora. How long establishment takes is a point of contention... I've had Acros settle in a few days... others it took months...

Well friends I am starting to win the war.

I'm almost certain 90% of the small flatworm outbreak population is eradicated.

I also have been seriously trimming the algae and doing water changes. It appears that persistence is the key and I'm down with that as long as were seeing results.

This powermodule is a beast. Everything from the LFS with a can lighting except the red planet has been blown away by it. I figure the only reason the red planet survived is I had started low.

No casualities and I'm got the fugue together. Oh crabs all molt within the same period I found out for 4 nights straight I found molts. I thought that was pretty odd/lucky? Would you say keep them in the tank, the molts that is.

Most of the time they've broken up & stuff before I can get mine out. So I'd probably say it come down to time & effort needed.

Word.

Increase vodka to 2.5ml

No time for tank since I set it up. Had to filter and cold stabilize the 2010Cchard and get all of the new juice readytobe racked and barreled.

What should I be doing with this tank besides enjoying it for the small amount I can? I ask solely because wine is making me crazy right now. I have not talked to anyone about anything other than wine.

Drank alot of beers among other things last night in front of the tank.

The wrasse is the man. He just wants to get it in, and he flashes all over the place.

What should be my next addition? Fish or coral?

I'm also considering adding zoos. This would make this a mixed reef. How does this feel?

No One online has any clams that I'd like. It's more annoying than my boston terrier puppy.

I'm thinking of adding something that will be a buffer for people to be like WOW! reather than ask a bunch of questions that I don't feel like asking. That and they're #### easy.

I'm up in the air about it but am most likely going to be buying a cap or some sort of encruster soon.

It only has the same 4 or 5 corals in it. The GHA outbreak is still going but I feel like I have combat it to the point of me actually accepting it. I don't enjoy how I take pictures so I really need to work on that but haven't really had the time.

Hows Life Henry?

Archived