Coral Vue Hydros

bonese's 40b | revival

bonese

well I do feed the bageses out of the tank Close to an oz a day, well maybe not quite. like last night feed pellets to the point that the helfricks got 10 each, spoonful of cyclopexe freeze dried, & a cm cube of mysis. In the mornings I only do the pellets with a little cyclopeze.

megalomaniac

:huh::blink::wacko:omgomgomg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are our thoughts on running a biopellet reactor with this system? The only reason why I havent mentioned it earlier is I thought it would have to sit in the sump. I do think I have enough room in my return compartment for a pump but definitely not as large as another 1260.

Other options?

http://pomakantha.wordpress.com/2011/02/18...s-and-the-reef/

These are my thoughts. As a first-time carbon doser, don't go there.

Ok so now I have gotten that idea out of my head. Tomorrow boys, we get fish and crabs and coral for that matter.

Would the reactor just not work or am I too stupid to understand it.

To be perfectly honest with you, there's very few people I know who I'd say could run them long-term with relatively few problems. And running them for a while without problems doesn't mean it's gonna continue that way... VSV is still the best if you're learning.

Totally understandable. Thanks for not allowing to #### this up.

VSV is vodka correct or something more in depth with the addition of additives?

VSV is basically vodka dosing with a combined carbon source (vodka/sugar/vinegar). I found it to be one of the better methods I used, though eventually migrated from it to dosing ZEOstart2 in place of vodka/VSV. I'll probably end up back on that truth told, there was few drawbacks (aside from cost, start2 is mad $$$) and plenty of benefits.

Does anyone really know what exactly is in the zeo ####? I see some of the tanks and they are absolutely amazing but to me all of the additives make me dizzy and I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I'm happy on the vodka; as of tomorrow the dose will increase to .4ml, as well as having 3 drops of mb7.

Stupid excited for the delivery.

Technically to be imported there needs to be customs declarations for it, so it's known in that regard - but to remanufacture it yourself most of the time works out more expensive. We just get raped on price 'cos of shipping and AQIS clearance. Sucks. At the end of the day, additives all have their roles, you only use stuff you need to. Any low nutrient tank could benefit from just about any of them.

So we are now at .4ml daily dosage of vodka. Just put it in the tank as well as the mb7 and Ca and Alk.

Apparently in little less than an hour we will have our wrasses and ####.

Civilization 5 is ####ing annoying.

I'm trying to. It's one of those gamesmi always heard about but never gave it a shot probably because I was too young and couldn't wrap my head around everything. Now that hasn't changed but I figured I'd give it a go. DH you would like it I believe - the only downfall is getting adjusted to the turn based style. Tyre is being such a ##### right now and won't let me annex.

Deleted User 6

i've always played turn-based strat games. It was just one that I never really bothered trying to figure out. I guess I could, but I don't have time for games these days.

Then you'd love the pants off of it. Steam has a PC demo, sadly I had to buy my copy from them as there is no Mac demo.

What am I talking about?! You're going to be a Dad - you really don't have any time.

I just got the fedex package. It is perfectly packed - styrofoam box 2 still hot heat packs, packing peanuts. Everything is alive and well I'm happy to say and let me tell you guys - the wrasses were definitely the way to go. I saw the male last and got ridiculously excited.

Pictures hopefully.

I saw the male last and got ridiculously excited. Pictures hopefully.

omgomgomg:blink::wacko::unsure::rolleyes::o:huh:

I will be totally surprised if someone doesn't pick this up for part of their sig!!

Bonese thats great news. I can't wait to see the pic's & or video.

Now henry as to your recent observation. All I can say, is that D would be proud. If that means you should soak you head in a bucket of soapy water, is for you to decide.

:D I can't even respond that. That's proof of my genuine excitement - no double checking what I write.

I'm happy about the wrasses. Really happy. As soon as I put them in the 1 female went to the corner the other to the frogspawn. The male went to the corner on the side with the overflow with the female and he was laying in front of her and flashing the clowns if they got close so I was pretty excited to see that. Now I can't find them but last I saw there in the holes of the rock with there little heads poking out.

I appreciate the pick guys I wouldn't have chosen it and I can't thank all of you enough.

As for vodka - I continue dosing .4ml for 2 more days now and then increase or stay at .4m?

They don't eat much at any one time (and it's bad for them to do so) so their fast metabolism and low fat storage makes them particularly susceptible to starvation.

Whats up DH and n0rk?

I will feel more comfortable if I do the increased dose next week.

I have to go to the LFS to get some PE and some other #### so I think they'll like that. I also wanted to ask since I am use to small tanks - How much do I feed? I don't want to over do it and have a HUGE jump in nitrates because of my stupidity. I'm like a beaten dog thats been adopted - I have no idea what is going on and I am completely scared about everything that I have no idea a about.

And Oh. My. God. n0rk. Your sig is the best piece of text I've read on NR all year so far.

Archived