inTank Media Baskets

Friar's Pico

friar1

zoa and duncan should be on the floor lol. I actually missed that duncan at first glance, it looked like live rock x_x

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and the Hydor Mini Pump comes with this huge bracket with Suction cups on it that I did not like, so I took two of the suction cups off the bracket and glued them on the bare back end of the pump. Smaller footprint that way.

The bag on the right is wedding netting holding the baby ric in place til it attaches to the rock. Although today the Hermit Crab took the rubber band off and it might float away before i can get to it again. :wacko:

Really Newman? Should I just move the zoa/paly and Duncan down to the sand bed?

I would hate to disturb the Duncan all over again.

Friar

all people eaters are palys. good rule of thumb is to start all new coral that is introed into the tank on the sand bed. let it acclimate then start moving it up and seeing where it likes best. you'll know when you have moved it up too far. the coral will tell you........with body language. there are 2 different kinds of red people eaters. there are just red people eaters (RPE) and true red people eaters (TRPE.) hope that helps.

Hmmmmm.....

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Still not sure what to do.

I guess i could move the Paly and Duncan to the sandbed. Worried about the Hermit Crab pushing them around.. The frag plugs they are on have those long stems, so they should fit just fine in the sand bed, but Those Hermits are STRONG!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

lol its a 1.5 gal, all you need is one hermit if any lol. unless you love hermits and you MUST have one (like me :P)

Well, Actually I got the Hermit as a hitchhiker on the Rock. Can't get rid of him, i don't have another tank, don't know anyone in my town that has a saltwater tank, don't want to kill him. I only have one hermit crab.

lol sounds exactly like a blue leg dwarf hermit, which is what I have xD

goldifhs089.jpg

pincers are mainly black with white spots but the ends are reddish..

thats cool that you got one as a HH for free! I had t pay something like $3 for mine because the LFS was supposed to b selling be a dwarf zebra hermit but by mistake they sold me a blu leg which is way cheaper lol. but this guy's really great, so i cant complain.

I could SWEAR that the paly has moved on it's frag plug

Before:

newredpeople.jpg

After:

PalyRP.jpg

Here is the Baby Ric:

babyric.jpg

nah it didnt move lol. it stretched a bit to the left as it grew those new polyps!

btw nice your baby ric has attached!

nevermind about moving the duncan lol it looks like you glued that sucker down permanently xD

nah it didnt move lol. it stretched a bit to the left as it grew those new polyps!

btw nice your baby ric has attached!

nevermind about moving the duncan lol it looks like you glued that sucker down permanently xD

:blush:

Yeah I am glad about the Baby Ric, I had read it takes weeks sometimes for rics to attach, but this one did it in about a week.

Yeah I had to glue the Duncan down tight because the hermit pushed it off the rock the first time I glued it in. I guess I went overboard.

Speaking of the Duncan, it was closed up pretty tight for about five days, now it is opening again. it looks like there is a new head on the side, but I can't be sure yet. I am turning off one of the thirteen watt lights for now, since the rics seem to be ok, the RPE still is open. So it is just the Actinic running for now.

We will do a WC tomorrow, and dose C-Balance on Sunday again.

Water Params have not changed. I love not having to top off. The lid works wonders.

For a 1.5 gallon, it is not such a bad tank. I would prefer something larger, because it is hard to work inside such a small space. But other than that, it's pretty cool.

Tank is now 1 month old.

Friar

if your actinics are 50/50 then youre fine but otherwise you NEED some white light in there to avoid starving off your corals o_o

Ok, so instead of reducing the amount of light overall, I have just put some shade over the Duncan. Hopefully that will help the Duncan open up better.

The other corals love the light.

WC today, 95%

Dose C-Balance Tomorrow

Friar

Well, so far, so good, I am little worried about the Duncan, but I am going to leave it be and see what happens. It's funny, I find myself staring at the tank with a Magnifying glass! How weird is that? Found a tube worm in the sand this morning.

Friar

I find myself staring at the tank with a Magnifying glass! How weird is that?

Nothing weird about that -- I have a magnifying glass sitting next to Hawke's Pico Lamp at all times. I usually only look at the tank through the magnifying glass. I really want to get a better magnifying glass, right now I only have a cheapie 3" one.

I always wondered if one could make a small pico out of those square magnifying panes so the tank would be permanently magnified. Not sure about cleaning that though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Try it sometime. Just clean it with a flexible pad or something

Well,

With the shade on the Duncan, seems to like it now.

Also had a rock fall and had to move the mutant ric. Hope it is ok, the fall kinda tore it off the rock he was attached to.

Archived