Pod Your Reef

Friar's Pico

friar1

I have a number of these things in my tank, this one appears to have two string like things going to the rock opposite it. The others have no such tendrils.

it looks like a round green ball with small balls inside it.

Any Ideas?

picoid.jpg

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

friar thats strikingly clean and free of algae compared to november wow you really starved it man

thats a little sponge or tunicate, i get those alot. indicates nice benthic communities and tank maturity...I think few people could identify it to the genus level but its one or the other and a nice hitchhiker you've cultivated.

perseverance really paid off man it looks great I hate to see you take it down but if you do its earned, by choice, and not by force of a lost habitat you have my respect for the upgraded gallonage now you can have a fish lol

B

nice picture, but it looks like you have the color a bit off in the top down picture.

There is a reflection of a blue LED there and it doesnt look blue, it looks a bit turquoise (or something like it).

I am assuming that those blue LEDs are BLUE. this means that your tank doesnt really look light purple/pink in real life like your pictures show, it should look a bit more darker blue than lighter purple. Your camera needs to be tweaked for white balance.

try to find a setting on it where you can manually change the white balance to a custom setting. there may be a point and shoot custom setting like with my Nikon coolpix 4600 (which is not very high quality).

That last picture actually captures close to the true color of what I see. I will try playing with the white balance. It is only available on Aperture or Shutter priority. I think My tank sides are pink, in real life!

Thanks Newman,

Friar

yes because of the coralline haha, i meant the rock, sand and corals all have a pink/purple color. i bet its a bit more blue irl, no?

• 3 weeks later...

I will be taking a couple more pics once the tank reaches 1 year old, then it will be the transfer to the four gallon Finnex.

Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived