• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reeftankguy
quick fts pic...corals are all closed...turned lights on real fast for pic:

20100610-puk3bw3c2u9ur2cqgbwbe3wupr.jpg

:bowdown: Most Excellent Build!

If only they sell transparent MP10

wouldnt that be something... you should give them the idea, mabe an acrylic housing and silicone impeller.... that would be awesome!

I personally think acrylic in an ADA tank is just as obtrusive, if not more than, black. At least with black you can mostly hide it with a black background. I have seen ADA tanks with clear acrylic overflows and it stands out more than you think, at least to me it does.

We need a vortech that operates like the new Dyson that uses wind induction technology that doesnt even use exposed props for an even thinner profile. :)

nah some good well machined acrylite should be fine you can fire it for a clear glass like finish on the edges. i still think it would look cool if it could be done. all you would see would be the blur of the magnet driving the impeller anyways.

@lgreen that tank still looks awesome!

also where'd you get the lily pipes? i'm not so fond of paying $90 for ada pipes

:lol:

Nice tank, green.

nah some good well machined acrylite should be fine you can fire it for a clear glass like finish on the edges. i still think it would look cool if it could be done. all you would see would be the blur of the magnet driving the impeller anyways.

@lgreen that tank still looks awesome!

also where'd you get the lily pipes? i'm not so fond of paying $90 for ada pipes

Personally, I think the mp10 looks fine black. It doesn't bug me at all.

I got these ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Personally, I wouldn't recommend them. They are functionally fine, but came a little scratched up. Look on ebay for the aqua magic ones. They aren't too much more expensive and are supposed to be nice. Unfortunately they were on back order for a few weeks when I needed to order mine, so I tried this other company. Wish I had waited.

Also, I just bought a 90g reef off of craigslist. I'll be moving it to my house Sunday. It needs a few upgrades equipment wise, but overall is pretty dang nice and the price was too good to pass up! I've already spend like 3 times that price just on this 18g tank :lol:

http://boise.craigslist.org/for/1789937913.html

20100617-d4mxcxwhp1u95se15gykx7t3w4.jpg

And yes! That is green star polyp, not hair algae haha. I've never seen so much gsp in my life!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thread revival!

How do/did you handle top-off in this tank? I have the 12" ADA cube and a peristaltic pump dripping topoff into a HOB filter. I'd like to go to a can filter / lily pipe setup, but I haven't figured out ATO...

thanks,

b.

• 2 weeks later...

I never got around to setting up any type of ATO on this tank.

Also, just an update...this tank is no longer running (hasn't been for several months). Merged everything into the 90g.

The gf wants a mantis shrimp, so we may use this tank for that later this summer or I might use it for a frag tank.

Archived