Top Shelf Aquatics

lgreen's ADA 60-P

lgreen

alephnull
Moved the rocks on the right a little and I think it looks much better.

I like that a lot more. Nice job.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Hoping to get the lighting hardware all finished today and hopefully the light will be here Monday.

Tank looks amazing Loren!!!

B)

Thanks!

Lol, Coral Kitchen will be taking orders soon. :)

Sweet. I will definitely order!

Here's the hydor inline heater I received a few days ago. It is massive...almost the size of a DI cartridge.

20100504-fjsch196gptsuqn817aapqisds.jpg

Here's the hydor inline heater I received a few days ago. It is massive...almost the size of a DI cartridge.

Yeah, that's the one con with them. I'm bound and determined to make one work on my build though, I really do not want a heater in my tank. Latest aquascape looks good man.

Yeah, that's the one con with them. I'm bound and determined to make one work on my build though, I really do not want a heater in my tank. Latest aquascape looks good man.

Yeah, it will be under the tank, so I don't really care how big it is. I was just surprised...it's looks much smaller in the pictures haha.

Thanks.

alephnull
Yeah, it will be under the tank, so I don't really care how big it is. I was just surprised...it's looks much smaller in the pictures haha.

Thanks.

I was surprised at that as well. I am more interested in which lily pipes you are getting. I was looking at them on the Green Leaf Aquarium site and I don't have a clue as to what would be the best size for the tank (I have the same tank you do).

I am more interested in which lily pipes you are getting.

I'm not sure which ones Loren is using but, FWIW, I will be trying out these on my 60-P build. GLA is currently out of stock on most of their pipes and I am too cheap for ADA ones. These were a recommended budget pipe from a few on one of the planted tank forums so I figured what the heck.

you've managed to botched the clean lines of an ADA tank with the ugly green eheim tubing. Theres irony on so many levels.

alephnull
you've managed to botched the clean lines of an ADA tank with the ugly green eheim tubing. Theres irony on so many levels.

The heater and eheim intake/output are just temporary. The heater will be replaced with an inline heater, plumbed inline w/ the canister, and the intake/output of the canister will be replaced with lily pipes.

If you want to be a critic, do a better job next time. :lol:

I was surprised at that as well. I am more interested in which lily pipes you are getting. I was looking at them on the Green Leaf Aquarium site and I don't have a clue as to what would be the best size for the tank (I have the same tank you do).

I think I'm going to go w/ the 13mm Cal Aqua Fluxus (F2 & X2). It seems that the size I want are on back order from just about every manufacturer, even ADA, at the moment though.

If you want to be a critic, do a better job next time. :lol:

Nips failure there is the real irony.

Light came today.

20100505-cj7whju6chrmxrmp13eck6htfs.jpg

I didn't realize that this pendent had a strip of blue on each side of the pendent. Luckily it was just plastic and easily ripped right off. Not sure what the point of it was...it looked stupid.

20100505-eayccumtwtpt69mk2345n75p53.jpg

Pretty nice sized little ballast.

Will fire it up here in a bit.

That looks familiar :lol:

Haha, yep. I really didn't intend to copy you, but I got it down to like 3 choices and the spacelight was the best bang for the buck imo haha.

I'm thinking about painting mine black though. We'll see.

Yeah it's a good light for that tank, that makes 3 of us running it now I think :lol: I'm actually thinking about tearing it apart and using the innards to create a MH/T5 combo light at some point.

Yeah it's a good light for that tank, that makes 3 of us running it now I think :lol: I'm actually thinking about tearing it apart and using the innards to create a MH/T5 combo light at some point.

they should just sell the 60-p with the aquamedic pendant from now on to save us all some time :lol:

lol.

I'm going to try to finish up the lighting tonight, although, we're having a thunderstorm at the moment with pretty high winds, so spray painting the light rod and hardware may be out of the question.

Plumbing unfortunately is on hold since everywhere seems to be out of the lower profile 13mm lily pipes :(

Archived