inTank Media Baskets

lgreen's ADA 60-P

lgreen

animalmaster6
Thanks. Yes, I've got a 20lb bag of arag-alive special grade reef sand due to be here monday. Should come out at around 1-1.5" deep.

And yes, there is plenty of room for coral :

Imo you should make the island to the right larger.

Don't change anything else though it looks awesome.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needs more or larger pieces of rock IMO. I would almost consider that rubble. I like what you did with it though :)

Agreed. I think a lot of the volume that should have been there, thus making the tank look a bit fuller, was lost by the flatness of the base rubble I received in place of their normal volumous quality rock. I put the few nice pieces on the top, but yes I do really feel like it is just a stack of poor quality rubble.

As usual premium aquatic has impressed me with their amazing customer service though and offered to repace the rock at no cost. New rock should be here middle of next week :)

A new box of rock will be here tomorrow, so I removed the old rock, and mixed up a fresh batch of saltwater. Also, installed some of the new equipment.

20100428-qarf97dhcyyr4r2tgykntfkciy.jpg

20100428-qnyjjcykxqigfedpcr7k1kwm47.jpg

The current state of things:

20100428-q4353fkupti8ejgq3pmwsqq6rw.jpg

The heater and eheim intake/output are just temporary. The heater will be replaced with an inline heater, plumbed inline w/ the canister, and the intake/output of the canister will be replaced with lily pipes.

Wow looks great! I had a question hwoever. What's your personal reasoning behind the canister filter? I ask this just because i've been running my 60p without anything besides an mp10 and weekly water changes n everything seems to be doing good. Just my own experience that not having a filter works AND looks a lot cleaner, but anyhow what's your idea for the canister filter?

Wow looks great! I had a question hwoever. What's your personal reasoning behind the canister filter? I ask this just because i've been running my 60p without anything besides an mp10 and weekly water changes n everything seems to be doing good. Just my own experience that not having a filter works AND looks a lot cleaner, but anyhow what's your idea for the canister filter?

Thanks. There are two main reasons for the canister: 1) so I could use an inline heater and not have to have a heater in the tank, thus achieving an even cleaner look (once I add the clear glass lily pipe intake/return, you wont even be able to hardly tell there is a canister) and 2) you can use it as a simple media reactor for carbon and/or phosphate media (w/o the filter media).

There's nothing wrong w/ how you're doing it though.

New live rock came today and looks amazing!!

20100429-jmf7wk59c8f3bgwjtbq6pfedp4.jpg

New aquascaping:

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

I ordered the hydor inline heater, but does anyone know what size lily pipes would be best for this size of tank and will fit w/ the Eheim 2232 tubes? If not, I can prob figure it out, but just in case anyone knows off the top of their head.

Now to figure out how to hang this light!

Thanks!

It's already showing signs of life too. Found a 1" black crab that looks possibly to be part of the mithrax family, but not sure. If I see it again I'll take a pic. Also, I just watched a small clam use it's foot to move from the bottom to top size of one of the rocks. Some pretty cool little pieces of macro algae too. Excited to watch this rock develop!

Weetabix7
20100501-nwrmmkg683tmpc291hw8c6s3h1.jpg

Just using this standard fluorescent fixture temporarily. New lights will be here Tuesday :)

I like. :)

alephnull

Looking good so far. I like the hardscape. Maybe rotate the island on the right a little bit to create a bit more negative space between the two.

I have a Green Leaf Aquarium tank that has the same dimensions. I had thought about doing the canister with glass lily pipes as well. My only worry is keeping them clean. But, since you are doing it, I can sit back for a while and see how it goes first. :)

I will be following along.

Looks real good!

Thanks! :) Is the coral kitchen taking orders? :D

Looking good so far. I like the hardscape. Maybe rotate the island on the right a little bit to create a bit more negative space between the two.

I have a Green Leaf Aquarium tank that has the same dimensions. I had thought about doing the canister with glass lily pipes as well. My only worry is keeping them clean. But, since you are doing it, I can sit back for a while and see how it goes first. :)

I will be following along.

Thanks. I agree about rotating the right and was looking at that last night. It actually is rotated when you see it in person, but in pictures the depth isn't showing, so it looks connected. I'll try rotating it more and see if I can get a bigger gap.

Yeah I didn't really think much about the lilys getting dirty, so I guess I'll have to find some kind of long skinny cleaning brush.

levitationDrew

Try using the Two Little Fishies NanoMag Magnetic Glass Cleaning Device. It's flexible and works great inside pipes as well.

Archived