Cultivated Reef

lgreen's ADA 60-P

lgreen

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent Loren, things are looking great.

Thanks!

Very nice.

I'm really enjoying watching you build this, it's been so long since I've seen you with a tank on here. :)

Yes it has!

Nice job, L!!! I've got those same blue zoos from Ken - mine were tempermental for the first few weeks but seem to be settling in, they are super blue, too. How do you like that controller so far?

Thanks! They have already colored up quite a bit just in the last few days. They seem to be slowly settling in like you said. I haven't really had a chance to mess w/ the controller, other than screwing it to the stand and turning it on. Hopefully I can mess with it a little this weekend.

I LOVE those mushrooms, so bright :happy:

And the tank looks so clear and awesome!

Finally found some lily pipes too! Can't wait to get the rest of this equipment out of the tank.

Press the quote button (so that it turns red) on every post you want to quote. Then go to the bottom and click "add reply". A new screen will open with all your quotes in a reply box.

Do you have any probes connected to the reefkeeper? I was thinking of getting one, but I have nowhere to discretely put them.

Do you have any probes connected to the reefkeeper? I was thinking of getting one, but I have nowhere to discretely put them.

Not at the moment, but I do plan to. I think I found a pretty good solution to making the probes discrete though. I'll post more details once I get it worked out.

Thanks.

I got the lily pipes today, but the output pipe almost looks like it has a crack in it. I didn't really have time to get a good look at it because I had to go to work, but I'll take a closer look tonight.

I really hope it's not cracked!

reeftankguy
Thanks.

I got the lily pipes today, but the output pipe almost looks like it has a crack in it. I didn't really have time to get a good look at it because I had to go to work, but I'll take a closer look tonight.

I really hope it's not cracked!

This guy on EBAY has them really cheap for under $30... I ordered mine even though I dont have my ADA 60P yet...

LilyPipes

I got the lily pipes today

How odd, mine also came today. How is that for timing? I haven't unpacked my box yet. I hope yours isn't cracked, that suck.

Good news! The lily pipes and hydor inline heater are installed. I need to clean the tank, do a water change, and then when I do the water change I'm going to scoot the tank back against the wall. There is a lot of direct sunlight coming in from the tank being right by the window, which doesn't seem to be causing any problems yet, but if nothing else, hopefully it will keep the lily pipes from getting dirty so fast.

Also, I got to say I really like the reefkeeper controller. It is so easy to program! Just for fun I thought I'd share how I have it set:

Module 1 (PC4)

Outputs

Channel 1: 150w Aqua Medic Spacelight

Mode - Auto

Function - Light

--Type - Metal Halide

--Start/End - Set to run 6 hours per day

Alarms - Turns off light if tank temp rises above 83.0 degrees F.

Standby - None

Channel 2: Ecotech MP10

Mode - On (I need to review this, standby mode not working correctly at the moment)

Function - None

Alarms - None

Standby - Turns off for 10 minutes when standby mode activated to allow for cleaning/water changes/pictures

--Use Standby? - Yes

--Action - Off

Channel 3: Hydor Inline Heater

Mode - Auto

Function - Controller

--Device - iTemp

--Set Point - 78.5 Degrees F

--Hysteresis (tolerance) - 0.2 Degrees F

--On When - Below (heater turns on when temp is below 78.3 Degrees F)

Alarms - None

Standby - None

Channel 4: Eheim Canister Filter

Mode - On (I need to review this, standby mode not working correctly at the moment)

Function - None

Alarms - None

Standby - Turns off for 10 minutes when standby mode activated to allow for cleaning/water changes/pictures

--Use Standby? - Yes

--Action - Off

Inputs

iTemp

Alarm - Turns off channel 1 (metal halide) if tank temp rises above 83.0 Degrees F.

Standby mode didn't work correctly when I tried it, so I need to go back through and make sure I did that correctly.

Also, I'm thinking about getting the SL2 module (salinity + pH). I've come up w/ a pretty cool solution for hiding all these probes too. I will be running them inline w/ the canister filter using prob compression fittings:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...mp;child=OP3171

Comments or suggestions on my programing are welcome :)

Tanks pics later tonight hopefully!!

I think I've almost got the equipment all stabilized to a point where I feel comfortable adding more livestock :)

Damn it! Just flooded my bathroom w/ ro/di water again for the second time this week :angry:

animalmaster6

Sounds like the tanks making good progress!!

The RK sounds really cool!

That stinks bout the RO water flood :( I'm worried about having 125gallons of water on my floor lol.

Sounds like the tanks making good progress!!

The RK sounds really cool!

That stinks bout the RO water flood :( I'm worried about having 125gallons of water on my floor lol.

It wasn't too bad...only like a 1/2 gallon or so of water on the floor, but annoying none-the-less. I just need to get a small flat rubbermaid storage container to fill up my top off jugs lol.

animalmaster6

To prevent the skimmer from overflowing (I have the AquaC EV-400 so that's a ton of water lol) I put it on a rubbermiad bin. Very thin but it'll handle and leaks.

Thanks green. I will be picking up a couple now :)

Tanks looks wonderful with the new stuff. Now time to add some livestock and get some movement in there

-Dave

Archived