ReefCleaners.org

Fiction's 18g ADA

fiction101

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You traitor! :o

looks good though....what made you switch?

I like MH better. After trying leds and then T5's, neither of them really produced the deep colors I was hoping for. Plus, I've always had good luck with MH's. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I totally understand where your coming from. The only difference is i came back to t5's. Which bulb did you go with?

20k Ushio. I always seem to have decent growth and color with this bulb. :)

True Red Hornets. :)

P1020051.jpg

Piece of rubble rock with a rasta somewhere on it. :huh:

P1020054.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mia's Pot of Gold.

P1020114.jpg

Wow those are some nice sized frags..BTW Fic Where do you get your livestock from?

From a friend who has a 225g tank. He has a lot fraggable corals. :)

dude,nice coral collection and place.

when those sps grow in the tank will look pimp! :D

Unfortunately, all of my sps browned out and a few of them died due to an increase in alk.

The dream of having a sps dominated tank is over for the time being. -_-

I noticed after the switch from T5 to MH with a 20k bulb the growth slowed down quite a bit, yet I was still dosing the same amount. This led to my alk being around 13-14. :angry:

Candy Apples.

P1020102.jpg

BamBams.

P1020094.jpg

Unfortunately, all of my sps browned out and a few of them died due to an increase in alk.

The dream of having a sps dominated tank is over for the time being. -_-

Man im sorry to hear that fic..Was the dosing automated or manual?

Man im sorry to hear that fic..Was the dosing automated or manual?

Manual, but either way I would of been screwed, since I wasn't testing enough. Also, I really have no clue if my api alk test kit is accurate?

Manual, but either way I would of been screwed, since I wasn't testing enough. Also, I really have no clue if my api alk test kit is accurate?

You should definitely pick up salifert test kits. Ive been using them for over a year now and they have always been accurate.

• 1 month later...

[font="Arial Black"]Hi I am new to the aquarium world and I have been doing some research... I wanna build a pico reef kind like this one... Can you help me out?[/font]

• 1 month later...

The tank is still up and running. :D

P1020218.jpg

I've been battling flat worms, hair algae, bubble algae and brown slime algae. Everything is finally looking better, with the flatworms and algae gone.

P1020204.jpg

The tank is still up and running. :D

P1020218.jpg

I've been battling flat worms, hair algae, bubble algae and brown slime algae. Everything is finally looking better, with the flatworms and algae gone.

Tank is looking great! Sorry to hear about the algae infestation--glad you got through it and got rid of it.

What kind of light are you using now? I read you switched to 20K metal halides and your sps browned out. If you were using 150w, then that might have caused it. 20,000K lamps at 150 watts do not provide enough PAR. You must go with 14,000K or less (e.g., Phoenix 14K). Or just buy yourself a nice LED fixture as a Christmas present. :D

Archived