Top Shelf Aquatics

Fiction's 18g ADA

fiction101

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like your rockwork!

what's your tank gonna be in the end? lps dominated?sps dominated? mix?

Thanks.

SPS/Zoas is what I'm hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have monti eating nudibranches and sundial snails. I only have to wait 6 months before I can buy another monti! :o

I now have monti eating nudibranches and sundial snails. I only have to wait 6 months before I can buy another monti! :o

wow that sucks. What are you going to do to remove them?

wow that sucks. What are you going to do to remove them?

I tossed my only monti out, well except for my setosa but I've heard they wont go after them. You have to starve them out basically. That's why it's recommended to wait up to 6 months before adding any new monti's.

well i guess the only good thing is at least it wasnt a huge piece that was already encrusted... But man 6 months is a long time.. Couldnt you just pick up a 6 line wrasse? Ive heard they do a great job at removing those pests.

They help keep them in check but they wont kill the eggs. That's how my friend ended up with them. He bought a sunset monti from an online vendor who didn't even know he had them since he had a few wrasses keeping their numbers low. I heard they only lay their eggs on the bottom of monti's, so I'm hoping that's true.

looks good! i like the shape of your frags in particular. they just make the tank look alot larger than it is

fiction101

I was thinking about cutting a piece of black laminate and putting it on corner of the tank so it'll cover the cords? It would be like having an overflow in the corner I guess, so maybe it wouldn't look so bad.

fiction101

Actinic shot of some new sps frags, sunset milli, blue millie, oregon tort, tri-color acro, and a greened out pink lemonade.

P1010829.jpg

fiction101
Great aquascaping; it gives a great illusions of a bigger tank.

Thanks!

Picked up my first chalice yesterday, a Miami Hurricane.

P1010830.jpg

Also bought a Dragon's Breath Favia.

P1010832.jpg

Archived