Pickle010

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Sounds like you have a handle on it. If you haven't split your rots yet I would go ahead and do that just for back up sake. Generally I don't advise people to start keeping rots until after their eggs start hatching - there is just no telling how long it can take for a pair to get it right. The cost of phyto will add up and once you start the rots you are locked into your daily maintenance of them to keep them going. I'd rather let a clutch or two go while building up rot populations.

• Like 1

I hear you on the rots. I ordered these after the last successful spawning. The eggs made it all the way to hatch. Unfortunately, the pair had a different plan and I think maintaining the rots for practice will be good for me. My pair just laid on Thursday and seem to be on a 2-3 week cycle. They just need to figure it out. Fingers crossed on next spawn. So, are you back to breeding again? Reading your entire thread took a while, but it was well worth the read. You definitely had your ups and downs and finally everything clicked for you. Hopefully the same will happen for me. Thanks for the input!

I'm glad to see the thread is still helping people out. I did make my fair share of mistakes and if documenting it helps someone else avoid my pitfalls then it's all worthwhile.

Currently I"m keeping 4 pairs and am getting geared up to start again. I took a pretty long break and I'm getting the urge to get going again. I still have everything set up though - all my hatch tanks a grow outs are ready whenever my pairs are.

• Like 1

It's good to hear that you are getting back on the horse again. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of clowns are your pairs?

I have Snows (Black and While as well as Black Ice) I have a pair of fancy's and picassos.

That's really awesome. Once I get some experience from my Picasso's, I think I will try other types as well.

• Like 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions