Top Shelf Aquatics

I <3 All Things Mini

DeMartini

Where did you order the Maxpsect from? I thought they were not available here. I also thought they were 220 volt. You going to connect it to the dryer?

Tanks looking great BTW.

I ordered it from fishstreet, but the guy said they don't come with the glass mount anymore, so I'm going to see if I can make my own fixture.... or my bf lol

ha dangg you like my rock?

your looks really cool how its just one piece!

i wish i would have waited and not spent so much money all at once on my rocks :/

yours looks really nice tho!

Thanks! I like this rock too. I like your rock more though lol

i was thinking about ordering me the maxspect too! But any who, by chance where did you order yours at? and how long did it will takes yours to come in. Thanks in advance!

I was going to get mine through fishstreet, but I cancelled it. I would have had to wait a month to get it and I'm not sure why.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evil's par38 is really ugly and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a cute fixture to put it in...

Put a lamp shade on it.

IMG_0927.jpg

I ordered it from fishstreet, but the guy said they don't come with the glass mount anymore, so I'm going to see if I can make my own fixture.... or my bf lol

If you two need some help with a DIY I can help you out. Are you looking for that over the back kinda look, similar to the Elos system or something else? Find a cheap fixture and I can get some LEDs in it for you. I would go check out a hip light store and find something you like to DIY to make it unique. If your unsure about if it will work, take pix and measurements and post them.

Put a lamp shade on it.

IMG_0927.jpg

I thought about putting a shade, but then I started looking for one of those Italian class fixtures and then I got tired of looking. I also though it might look a little funny as I have really high ceilings

If you two need some help with a DIY I can help you out. Are you looking for that over the back kinda look, similar to the Elos system or something else? Find a cheap fixture and I can get some LEDs in it for you. I would go check out a hip light store and find something you like to DIY to make it unique. If your unsure about if it will work, take pix and measurements and post them.

That would be awesome! I'll ask my bf. Thanks so much! =)

When are we going to see this thing filled with your nems ? :D

As soon as I get my light... if I ever get one lol jk.

Tank looks great!! :)

Thanks!

Are there any nems in this yet? :huh:

I added about 7 of my mini minis. I want to sell my little clowns before I add anymore... I wish I could keep my clownies, but I don't want them to become maxi mini food :o

I ordered Evil's PAR38, so I hope it comes soon!

I also ordered 5 new maxis that I should be getting in a couple days.

needs more water

It's full now =)

I added about 7 of my mini minis. I want to sell my little clowns before I add anymore... I wish I could keep my clownies, but I don't want them to become maxi mini food :o

I ordered Evil's PAR38, so I hope it comes soon!

I also ordered 5 new maxis that I should be getting in a couple days.

It's full now =)

Give me your clowns!

Glad to see you went with the par38 bulb. I've received nothing but compliments on mine, from friends and family. :)

I saw your 50g cube on craigslist, what made you decide to sell it?

Give me your clowns!

:lol:

Glad to see you went with the par38 bulb. I've received nothing but compliments on mine, from friends and family. :)

I saw your 50g cube on craigslist, what made you decide to sell it?

The tank is really nice, but it's just too big. I prefer smaller tanks... I'm going to aqua forest today to pick up a new ADA to replace the 50 gallon.

Sad to hear the artisan didn't work out for you :[ but I cant wait to see which ADA you picked up!!

thanks! i started a thread for it.

I just got some maxis today.

IMG_5592.jpg

I buy them from members on here. I wish I could find them locally.

Right on. Can you frag them or do they split naturally?

If yah, put me on the list for some. I think these would rock in my next office pico.

PS, bummed you didn't find a cool light to do an LED retro on. I was kinda excited to see or help with one.

I have a pretty cool design in my mind for my next one.

Right on. Can you frag them or do they split naturally?

If yah, put me on the list for some. I think these would rock in my next office pico.

PS, bummed you didn't find a cool light to do an LED retro on. I was kinda excited to see or help with one.

I have a pretty cool design in my mind for my next one.

They rarely split. I just cut 4 maxis and they are healing well, so I'm going to cut some more soon.

I'm still interested in the DIY LED! I really would like to do an arm like the elos light. Do you think you could help me do something like that?

I could always use the PAR38 as a spotlight on my 40 gallon for when I turn off my MH light.

ooooooo Really nice nems! Makes me want more, but I know thats a bad idea hahaha

Trade with MEEEEE! :lol:

P.S. one of my baby semi-snowflakes was just eaten by a mini mini :tears:

Very nice. Is that a blue one at the very bottom?

Thanks! Thick blue rim with a green center.... very pretty!

oh! i like the yellow!

Thank you! That's one of my favorites. =)

They rarely split. I just cut 4 maxis and they are healing well, so I'm going to cut some more soon.

I'm still interested in the DIY LED! I really would like to do an arm like the elos light. Do you think you could help me do something like that?

I could always use the PAR38 as a spotlight on my 40 gallon for when I turn off my MH light.

I was thinking of making something like the Elos light out of acrylic for an office tank. Basically making a square shape to hold the heat sink the LED's are attached to with a small fan on the heat sink. The square would be suspended on a bent L made out of acrylic and all the wires would be hidden in the L bracket. Attaching the arm to a glass ADA would be a little tricky especially since you don't paint your back wall.

I don't like the way the Elos light attaches to the tank especially since a DIY fixture will be heavier.

Are you looking at doing a 100% custom or retroing a fixture you find. I was at a light store the other day and all the cool lights filled my brain with ideas.

Of course, this is coming out soon

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/03/13/nano-cu...-light-fixture/

but $300 eeeh!!

Archived