Cultivated Reef

POP QUIZ TIME!

Rockfish

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didnt that one closed clam have snails on it (i cant remember the name but it starts with a p and thay bother the clam) also in the first pic it looks like the clams have a pinched mantel but i have no idea what that looks like because im a clam noob.

YAY!!! :D

lol There is nothing wrong with gaping, just because a clam is gaping doesn't mean its going to die...

clam sex?

LOL! :lol:

lol There is nothing wrong with gaping, just because a clam is gaping doesn't mean its going to die...

really??? I have to hear this one!!! :haha: :haha:

that may be true in a very small number of cases but 99 out of 100 times the clam is toast

really??? I have to hear this one!!! :haha: :haha:

that may be true in a very small number of cases but 99 out of 100 times the clam is toast

lol Your stupid.

lnglostsurfer

So I'm a noob when it comes to clams...never had them before. But I really wanted to know what PM was.....so I did some research. Pinched Mantle Syndrome. Good to know clams get PMS BEFORE I start keeping them...

lol Your stupid.

enlighten me please then my kind sir......the floor is yours....

So I'm a noob when it comes to clams...never had them before. But I really wanted to know what PM was.....so I did some research. Pinched Mantle Syndrome. Good to know clams get PMS BEFORE I start keeping them...

lol

crocea clams are very prone to gaping even if they're perfectly healthy HOWEVER....if there is gaping present for more than a couple of days then chances are the clam is not healthy and it's a crap shoot as to wether they will make it or not

but to say there's NOTHING WRONG WITH GAPING is quite ignorant

in my experience not many live when gaping for more than 24-48 hours......but you're right.....i'm completely stupid and know nothing about clams!!

ask everyone else on this forum how little i know about clams! :lol:

wow!!! another idiot noob.....not gonna last too long

Your the one who said you know nothing about clams... Also, I have 5 clams and have had them for 2.5 years.

Archived