ReefCleaners.org

Maxea and Ultra Maxima Group Buy!

Rockfish

no seriously, Chris has some great stuff at reefkoi.com but i want to get another group buy together maybe next month or the month after depending on what Chris wants to do

It may be sooner....who knows!!!

I vote the month after. Haha. My wallet can't take any more abuse. I'm suppose to take it easy for a while. I'm just kidding and you guys can do whatever you want. It would just be better for me the later it is.

*raises hand*

That sucks. Which clams did you get and how many did you lose?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks good!! under T5 lighting no??

It is in my 40B. I have a 2 bulb t5 (I think 2x54) actinic supplement and a 250MH.

That should be more than enough light right rock?

It is hard to tell because it is a camera phone picture so the colors are WACKED

None of the 6 ended up making it. 2 were DOA's. 2 were dead when the lights came on this morning. The other 2 were showing some mantle early in the day. But have since retracted and the tissue is disintergrating. I hoped for the best but the water temp. when the clams came yesterday at 4:30 or so was only 51 degrees.

Not Chris' fault by any means but he is going above and beyond to take care of things!!! This one is all on Fed Ex.

Jason

None of the 6 ended up making it. 2 were DOA's. 2 were dead when the lights came on this morning. The other 2 were showing some mantle early in the day. But have since retracted and the tissue is disintergrating. I hoped for the best but the water temp. when the clams came yesterday at 4:30 or so was only 51 degrees.

Not Chris' fault by any means but he is going above and beyond to take care of things!!! This one is all on Fed Ex.

Jason

so sorry to hear Jay.....I hope you have a better experience with Chris in the future even though it wasn't his fault

krak!! waiting on you!!!

It is in my 40B. I have a 2 bulb t5 (I think 2x54) actinic supplement and a 250MH.

That should be more than enough light right rock?

It is hard to tell because it is a camera phone picture so the colors are WACKED

more than enough!! ur good to go!!

I picked up my clam today... but look where its been:

travel.jpg

essentially chris and i rerouted the clam to my nj office because of the flight delay. we were afraid that if i waited until after work, the clam would be dead. little did we know, fedex would screw up and not deliver it in nj for whatever reason. we then had to have it sent back to ny because i wasnt going to be in the nj office for the rest of the week.

fedex... WTF. the clam opened up after i dripped it and placed it in the tank. if this clam survives, im naming it "DIE HARD".

I picked up my clam today... but look where its been:

travel.jpg

essentially chris and i rerouted the clam to my nj office because of the flight delay. we were afraid that if i waited until after work, the clam would be dead. little did we know, fedex would screw up and not deliver it in nj for whatever reason. we then had to have it sent back to ny because i wasnt going to be in the nj office for the rest of the week.

fedex... WTF. the clam opened up after i dripped it and placed it in the tank. if this clam survives, im naming it "DIE HARD".

WORD!! i have a good of feeling about this one!!

Everyone is happy! Thanks Chris. Make sure suite numbers print on the label next time :lol:

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG

great looking clams dude!!!

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Well Rob here's a little update, the poly is still yelling lol, I took a few more pics and you sure have an eye for noticing problems so let me know what you think, there may be nothing wrong with him, but I figured you would spot a problem way before me. In picture 2 you can see I have him about 3-4 inches below the water surface, which would place him about 6-7 inches below the light, I'm pretty sure he's getting enough light under my Tek, the bulbs are exactly 1 month old today, I'm running the most popular bulb combo (2x ATI Blue+; ATI Aquablue Special;KZ Fiji Purple).........In picture 3 I took a top down view but could only show 3 quarters of the clam without showing the reflection of the bulbs, it's hard taking it with a canopy lol.

IMG_4295S.jpg

IMG_4302S.jpg

IMG_4311S.jpg

I think the wild maxi looks fine, yeah hes still a little new to life in the USA, hes been here for about a month and travelled to 3 new tanks now so he has the right to be a little unhappy, but overall I think he looks great.

I haven't had any fedex foul-ups since this one, it seems to go in spurts ha.

Anyway I'm working on getting more of these for those that didnt get in on the last order and to replace the ones that died in transit. Maybe I need to charter a plane next time and take a quick tour of the US dropping clams off with each of you.........I'd be like santa ;)

I think the wild maxi looks fine, yeah hes still a little new to life in the USA, hes been here for about a month and travelled to 3 new tanks now so he has the right to be a little unhappy, but overall I think he looks great.

Anyway I'm working on getting more of these for those that didnt get in on the last order and to replace the ones that died in transit. Maybe I need to charter a plane next time and take a quick tour of the US dropping clams off with each of you.........I'd be like santa ;)

that would be my x-mas dream!!! :lol:

give a heads up on when so we can all get in on the action.

Archived