Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Maxea and Ultra Maxima Group Buy!

Rockfish

Ok guys the next stage of our group buy will be taking place by the weekend or early next week

there's some really SICK looking clams going up for sale ( better then the last time i think)

Now there are a couple of ppl that already have first pic and there will be about 28-30 new clams that will be up for grabs

should be tons of fun so if you're interested shoot me a PM

Chris & Rob (Rockfish)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am assuming this is only for NY'ers?

ummm no this is for whom ever wants one!! LOL

So these clams will be $100 each?

if we can get enough ppl to buy them yes the maxeas will be around 100 and the maximas will probably be right around there as well

We would get to pick any of those?

witch ever ones he bought from brett.....i'll have pics by tomorrow of the actual clams that are up fpr sale!!

you guys better get on this before I buy them ALL!! :D :D

if enough people get on board will we *the people* get the free shipping? Or will it be free to reefkoi because he got so many, thereby passing the "savings" onto us with the price of the clam?

is that confusing? <-----not being a smart ass.

just want to make sure I am on the same page.

There is a good chance that I might get in on this if I got a maxea for near a hundred shipped.

LebaneseDlight

(Maybe it's cause I live in los angeles), but isn't the going rate for an ultra maxima around $70-100 anyway (and you get to actually pick the clam you want)?

(Maybe it's cause I live in los angeles), but isn't the going rate for an ultra maxima around $70-100 anyway (and you get to actually pick the clam you want)?

Ditto, I can get ultra maximas at my lfs for $60, maxeas are of course a diff story, but I am much more interested in just getting my first clam.

And Rockfish, isn't this the same picasa album you told us there was no way you could get a group buy on????

And Rockfish, isn't this the same picasa album you told us there was no way you could get a group buy on????

It is the same link. But Rockfish was referring to us getting the GB from that person (Brett). I'm assuming you have to be an established dealer to buy from Brett, so Rockfish is going through one (Chris@ Reefkoi.com).

For those of us that are landlocked, i.e. Tennessee, ultra maximas are 180 and up. Deresas are 80-90 at the LFS.

Clams are very touchy to ship, especially in back to back shipments and double especially this time of year, how will you guys be handling any DOA's?

Clams are very touchy to ship, especially in back to back shipments and double especially this time of year, how will you guys be handling any DOA's?

I don't want to speak for Rockfish again, but I assume that the dealer already has the clams in a tank, and they'd go directly to us.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I was assuming a group buy would be an outrageous deal. I saw 3 at my LFS for like 50 bucks today. But perhaps they weren't as big as these or the same species.

It is the same link. But Rockfish was referring to us getting the GB from that person (Brett). I'm assuming you have to be an established dealer to buy from Brett, so Rockfish is going through one (Chris@ Reefkoi.com).

exactly!!

i'm not saying the maximas are going to be exactly 100 they might be cheaper and probably will be and you WILL be able to pick the exact one you want

DOA's will be handled via reefkoi....i will speak to Chris first thing in the morning and ask him about that....

I don't want to speak for Rockfish again, but I assume that the dealer already has the clams in a tank, and they'd go directly to us.

he got the clams in today and i will have pics of the EXACT specimens that will be available to buy

he wants to sit on them for at LEAST a week to make sure they're healthy and ready to be shipped

WTF's a maxea?

lol yea that was my first question when I was told about that.....a Maxea is a hybrid clam species (crocea, maxima)

Hybrid50.jpg

lol yea that was my first question when I was told about that.....a Maxea is a hybrid clam species (crocea, maxima)

Hybrid50.jpg

Hot damn its a Dalmatian clam!

Hot damn its a Dalmatian clam!

see!! don't you want one??!! and as soon as i have the pics of the animals that are available they will be up here!!

So would it be free shipping for us or not?

yes!! IF we can get a GROUP of ppl to buy some clams.....hence the name "group buy"

and again i will have pics of the EXACT specimens that are up for grabs tomorrow!!!

exactly!!

i'm not saying the maximas are going to be exactly 100 they might be cheaper and probably will be and you WILL be able to pick the exact one you want

DOA's will be handled via reefkoi....i will speak to Chris first thing in the morning and ask him about that....

OH, gotcha.

he got the clams in today and i will have pics of the EXACT specimens that will be available to buy

he wants to sit on them for at LEAST a week to make sure they're healthy and ready to be shipped

Hybrid50.jpg

:huh: ^

see!! don't you want one??!! and as soon as i have the pics of the animals that are available they will be up here!!

WELL THEN! I'm probably on board, I'm excited about the pics tomorrow! :happydance:

Archived