SaltCritters.com

Maxea and Ultra Maxima Group Buy!

Rockfish

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

I'll definitely be taking some pictures tomorrow, very excited and can't wait, it was a pleasure doing business with you. B)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popped my new Maxea into the acclimation stage. Reefkoi, Thanks so much for providing these clams, There amazing. Excellent job on the packaging as well. Rock, thanks so much for putting this together as I'm blown away with this new type of clam. Will take a bunch of pictures, but now I must go to class.

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt
After a slight Oh $hjt moment....I found the fedex guy...

LOL.....tell me about it my shipment instead of southwest straight to phoenix went all the way east to memphis tn and then to phoenix, not sure why they did that, but it sure gave me a scare. It's out for delivery on the vehicle so I should see it soon.

Hmmmmmmm??????

Fedex.jpg

Just popped my new Maxea into the acclimation stage. Reefkoi, Thanks so much for providing these clams, There amazing. Excellent job on the packaging as well. Rock, thanks so much for putting this together as I'm blown away with this new type of clam. Will take a bunch of pictures, but now I must go to class.

happy to do it buddy!!

and now for a couple of Pics of my newest additions!!

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

LOL.....tell me about it my shipment instead of southwest straight to phoenix went all the way east to memphis tn and then to phoenix, not sure why they did that, but it sure gave me a scare. It's out for delivery on the vehicle so I should see it soon.

Hmmmmmmm??????

Fedex.jpg

That's fedex's business model!

Very nice RF. Why do you use oyster shells?

well i live right by the beach so i can get them easily and i never know where i wanna put the clams so i don't want them stuck in one place!! plus it's harder on the clam if they should happen to get a case of PM to first cut them off of whatever they're on and THEN dip them.....just easier this way IMO.....plus the shells get so covered in algae after like a month they blend in perfectly

i boil the piss out of the shells for almost an hour and they're good to go!!

I live right by the beach too, I'm going to go get a couple of oyster shells.

Or, I could just get some oysters and eat them. I think I'll choose door #2. :D

some of the orders seem to be tied up in memphis at the fedex hub, so check your tracking numbers if you haven't recieved your clams yet.

I packed them in more water than usual so as long as they stay warm they should be fine......fedex and UPS do it all the time and never seem to have a good reason why.

If you didnt get tracking email me for it @ sales@reefkoi.com

Keeping fingers crossed........

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt
some of the orders seem to be tied up in memphis at the fedex hub, so check your tracking numbers if you haven't recieved your clams yet.

I packed them in more water than usual so as long as they stay warm they should be fine......fedex and UPS do it all the time and never seem to have a good reason why.

If you didnt get tracking email me for it @ sales@reefkoi.com

Keeping fingers crossed........

I hate memphis lol, my stuff usually get's stuck there all the time (fingerscrossed for those waiting)

what's been your experience shipping across the boarder to us up here in Canada? I'd love to get in on the next buy in a few months time once my tank is ready.

Here they are. So they do exist! haha.

BTW, some of them have attached to little rocks. How do I get them off or mount them to a flat rock?

straight razor and very carefully cut the byssal string that are attached to the rocks then place them on the flat piece

straight razor and very carefully cut the byssal string that are attached to the rocks then place them on the flat piece

That's not going to hurt them? I thought you can't damage the foot?

That's not going to hurt them? I thought you can't damage the foot?

you're not cutting the foot you're cutting the strings that attach the base of the clam to whatever the foot is holding on to

they literally will look like thick pieces of thread....it won't hurt the clam at all

you're not cutting the foot you're cutting the strings that attach the base of the clam to whatever the foot is holding on to

they literally will look like thick pieces of thread....it won't hurt the clam at all

Cool. I've got 10 more minutes. They look awesome. Smaller than I expected but I like them smaller. I hope they'll be okay since I've read quite a few times, by you and others, that the smaller ones have a higher mortality rate.

well they should be right at the 2 inch mark from the tips of the shell so anything 2 inch or above are fine....just make sure they're stress free for at least the first 24-48 hours and they'll do just fine

Rockfish,

I'm waiting till next week to get mine in. Here's a 'stress' question though - water change the day before they arrive, or the day after? I am going to do one sometime around there.

-a

Rockfish,

I'm waiting till next week to get mine in. Here's a 'stress' question though - water change the day before they arrive, or the day after? I am going to do one sometime around there.

-a

I would def do it a day before just to make doubly sure your parameters don't get all skewed randomly...ya never know.

Archived