Coral Vue Hydros

Uhuru Part II - ADA 120-P w/overflow

Uhuru

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks fellas! I just got an order in from DD. A couple of tuxedo urchins for the first part of my CUC. I had a big order from John too but it got canceled because I chose the wrong shipping method :(

I don't think I've shared a pic of my Apogon/Zoramia leptacanthus. I've had them for a year or so, but I recently lost one that freaked out and got sucked up by the vortech:

_MG_0852.jpg

I took these after the lights went off for a few hours.

This one is my favorite because it looks so mystical.

_MG_0896.jpg

These guys starting closing up as soon as I turned the lights back on.

_MG_0869.jpg

new growth

_MG_0881.jpg

starting to get a little more expansion in the dark hours...

_MG_0904.jpg

This tank must be unreal in person. The pictures are fantastic and you're right, I bet the tank looks like some mystical water world after lights out.

Man, this tank continues to blow me away. You're doing stuff nobody else seems to be really pushing with and finding success with it... that's beyond admirable. Keep it up man, this thing is one of those select few special reefs :)

thanks everyone! I want to get the tank cleaned up a bit before another FTS. I still don't have a CUC for this tank but I'll be placing a quick crew order from reef cleaners today. Was also thinking of getting a tiger tail cucumber for the sandbed.

I also realize that the pics would look cleaner with a black background, but the back of the tank faces a main window in my house, so when I open the curtains at night everyone that walks or drives by my house sees my tank.

• 3 weeks later...

finally got some decent pics of my Genicanthus bellus

_MG_0923.jpg

without color temp correction:

IMG_0934.jpg

Distichopora, the white tips are new growth

_MG_0918.jpg

_MG_0911.jpg

I got this beautiful soft coral from DD, and I'm sorry to say I got it in horrible condition. I don't know if its going to make it. I've gotten a few polyps to open but IME when they come in this condition they are too far gone. It was sold as a Dendronephthya but I don't think it is.

_MG_0913.jpg

Had 5 for almost 2 years, now down to 3... I think she killed the other 2 since they have been very healthy. Wouldn't be surprised if she slowly eliminates all of them. She doesn't pick on the anthias at all and she is submissive to the tang.

as to the pics awesome as always. still can't believe what you pull off. its like you tigah & envy just have magic in your tanks.speaking of which, this will sound backwards. but based on some conversations with jer & tigahboy. you'll probably get better pics with the clear back. has something to do with depth & the way cameras work or something. hole thing was over my head for the most part but, point is your pics look great.

Thanks bitts. Thats interesting about the clear back being better, I've never heard that before.

Are you going to get rid of the cardinalfish?

No I'm just going to keep an eye on things for now.

animalmaster6

Good, try to rearrange things in the tank a little bit if it continues. That really helps to lower aggression. Everybody is in a way disoriented and need to find new territories.

finally got some decent pics of my Genicanthus bellus

_MG_0923.jpg

without color temp correction:

IMG_0934.jpg

Distichopora, the white tips are new growth

_MG_0918.jpg

_MG_0911.jpg

I got this beautiful soft coral from DD, and I'm sorry to say I got it in horrible condition. I don't know if its going to make it. I've gotten a few polyps to open but IME when they come in this condition they are too far gone. It was sold as a Dendronephthya but I don't think it is.

_MG_0913.jpg

Beautiful pics Uhuru..

Archived