SaltCritters.com

Uhuru Part II - ADA 120-P w/overflow

Uhuru

I lost all my red spot cardinals. Still doing the copper treatment. OSFF didn't eat for the first couple days but is back to normal appetite now. OSFF pics:

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's doing great! Really active and full of personality. I feed him frozen and flake foods, no SPS, though I may treat him to a browned out one on occasion in the future. I still consider him to be in the training phase for accepting alternative foods though.

I didn't do it. The previous owner went through the painstaking process of weaning him off of acro polyps. He smeared the skeletons with frozen food and then started mixing flake into the frozen. When I got him he would no longer accept frozen but now I'm getting him to eat frozen again, along with flake. I'm also starting to mix in pellets but he hasn't tried those yet.

Its always nice to see an ADA tank. All the tanks i've had were ADA. I've never tried the ADA tank with the overflow system. How do you like it as of use and looks so far and where did you get the black baffles that you've added to the top?

Your idea of setting up a non-phyoto tank seems great but may i ask why you're planning on using a 36" light fixture in comparrison to the 48" light fixture? I've been using T5s all the time and was wondering if it had anything to do with intensity. my fixture that covers the entire tank on a nano won't allow me to keep any ricordeas or yumas of anysort without having them under the shade.

Hope to see more pictures as you go along! B)

• 4 weeks later...
please.

sorry everyone for not updating, been incredibly busy with school lately. I'll give more info on everything this weekend, promise!

Dave- I'm going to paypal you a deposit as soon as I get home tonight!

Well no pics yet as there is still no water in the tank. This is going to disappoint some of you, but I have decided not to place my OSFF in this tank. This tank is going to have fairly aggressive eaters. I have a potters angel and a cherub pygmy angel in a 150g sump that will go in here instead, and I think they will be too aggressive for the OSFF. The potters angel is probably on the top of my list though as one of the most beautiful reef fish, so I don't mind. He has a great personality and readily accepts all foods. The cherub is just super cute.

I am going to attach ANOTHER nano tank to this one, and that is where I will keep the OSFF. It will be much easier to feed him without polluting the water in a smaller tank. It will also act as a macro and LR fuge. I'm thinking a mr. aqua tank. Something cheap that I won't be afraid to drill - so no ADA.

Nemo Niblets
Well no pics yet as there is still no water in the tank. This is going to disappoint some of you, but I have decided not to place my OSFF in this tank. This tank is going to have fairly aggressive eaters. I have a potters angel and a cherub pygmy angel in a 150g sump that will go in here instead, and I think they will be too aggressive for the OSFF. The potters angel is probably on the top of my list though as one of the most beautiful reef fish, so I don't mind. He has a great personality and readily accepts all foods. The cherub is just super cute.

I am going to attach ANOTHER nano tank to this one, and that is where I will keep the OSFF. It will be much easier to feed him without polluting the water in a smaller tank. It will also act as a macro and LR fuge. I'm thinking a mr. aqua tank. Something cheap that I won't be afraid to drill - so no ADA.

Pretty algaes? :D

• 3 months later...

Man, been a long time but finally thank GOD I have some time to get this tank up and running. Stayed up til 5am last night working on the stand. Almost done just need to clean it up a bit then stain and varnish:

DSC02972.jpg

So I'm still going back and forth on what to do with this tank.

1) all NPS

2) all mangroves (I think it would look really sick with the shallow and long tank and the natural sunlight coming through from the window)

3) do something completely different and mix mangroves and NPS, using the mangroves to create shady spots for the NPS

Damnit...

I love these ADA 90-P and 120-P's with overflows but they aren't "nanos" so you can't post here, sowwy. :P

Heh, just kidding... :lol:

Do you guys think I should stain this and retain the wood texture or paint over it completely like with the ADA stands?

fulltank.jpg

I'm gonna start painting soon so if you've got an opinion lmk soon!

It depends on the look you are going for really. I'm setting up a 90p with overflow and it will be in a room with a lot of wood furniture, so I wanted the stand to match everything. Still has the nice smooth look to it.

DSC_0002-5.jpg

Thats a beautiful stand... and beautiful tank! Had my stand not been originally built with 2x4's I would have made it flush with the tank like yours but it was impossible to mount the euro hinges with the 2x4's in the way. I'll have to find your build thread if you have one. Or just link it here. Are we the only 2 on NR with ADA overflow tanks?

I did end up going with a solid paint, "twilight blue" or something like that...

Thats a beautiful stand... and beautiful tank! Had my stand not been originally built with 2x4's I would have made it flush with the tank like yours but it was impossible to mount the euro hinges with the 2x4's in the way. I'll have to find your build thread if you have one. Or just link it here. Are we the only 2 on NR with ADA overflow tanks?

I did end up going with a solid paint, "twilight blue" or something like that...

Thank you for the kind words. I just checked out the work you did on the Elos tank and wow, very nice! I don't have a build thread yet as I'm still trying to get some more things together, but I will have one soon. I think we may be the only two. When I was deciding if this was the tank I wanted to buy I looked and looked on the internet for someone that had this tank and found none. All I found where the non overflow planted tanks. The adgshop does two nice pictures in their online portfolio of I think it looks like the 120p with overflow, but thats about all I could find honestly. I can't wait to see what you do with the tank :D

Uhuro do you have any more pics of the stand? i like it alot

Thanks! I'll take pics tonight. I primed the inside already with Kilz, I'm gonna prime the outside too before painting it.

Archived