Pod Your Reef

Thinking about a maxxima

Oceanus

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hard to say from the pics.....get me a clearer top down pic and i can tell you

ohhh and you have diatoms.....that means you still have bio available silicate.....not good...means ur tank is not 100% stable quite yet

clam006.jpg

clam007.jpg

sorry, I'm not a photographer. :rolleyes:

i'm gonna say that he may be just a bit stressed right now. Clams can look a bit ruffled when that happens. just keep an eye on him for the next few days and if you see him getting worse PM me and we'll go from there

sound good

he'll be fine.....just chill and above all leave him be....ppl wonder why there clams don't do well. STOP fussing with them!! LOL

doesnt look like PM yet, stressed as rockfish said :)

do you have a tripod or something to try and get sharper images? if (hopefully NOT) pm starts, the clearer the image the quicker we will know for sure what we are dealing with, stress or pm.

nice clam!

fwew, close one. No, but I bet I can find a tripod In dad's office.

Also, what's with the yet? Does it look like a start? :scarry:

corallineadam

clam should not be phased by the silicates -- IME tridacnas do fine with some residual silicates in the water column...

and that is one healthy lookin clam! no signs of PM as far as i can tell...

:D

cheryl jordan

The bigger the clam the better the success, that is way I never buy baby clams. Nutritional needs are ususally not met by a closed system. And here comes the disclaimer IMO :D

The bigger the clam the better the success, that is way I never buy baby clams. Nutritional needs are ususally not met by a closed system. And here comes the disclaimer IMO :D

very true

and the Silicate thing it true as well. The only point I was trying to make was his tank wasn't 100% stable yet if he still has bio available silicate present

didnt mean to scare you with the yet :) there isnt a yet to think about, but a clearer picture would be helpful. definitely not pm, from the pictures, just looks a bit stressed from acclimating.

didnt mean to scare you with the yet :) there isnt a yet to think about, but a clearer picture would be helpful. definitely not pm, from the pictures, just looks a bit stressed from acclimating.

+1 stop worrying!!!

Archived