Innovative Marine Aquariums

Thinking about a maxxima

Oceanus

Well, I am set on a clam! :lol: So, I really, really, want the blue maxxima for $60 at the lfs. He's been there for 1 1/2 months now and looks great! (No PM, gaping) :D

Do you think he'd be fine in my tank? It's a 29 gallon aga. I have 150w mh, 2x 14w T5-HO, 500ppm calcium, 1x koralia 2, and pH 8.15. The lfs has a 125 with 3x 150w mh, and 4x 96w pc. I have done my nightime check-up for pyramidal snails and count 0. Would this clam be okay?

Fish:

1x royal gramma

1x yellowhead jawfish

1x occelaris clown

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I have 4.5 nitrates. The tem stays 78-79 night to day. Yeah, I haven't lost any SPS.

Unfortunately I don't have the money to go nuts. :tears::naughtydance:

Sweet! I will be getting a 150watt sunpod in this week and will be adding a clam as well. How tall is your tank? Mine is 16" tall and if yours is similar, it should give me a good idea of how the clam will like the light level. Good luck!

My clam is ohh 16 inches from the light. Yours will be great!

I have two croceas and two maximas in my 34g solana!!! They are ADDICTING!!!

Yea I hear you. I'm already saving up for the next one. :naughtydance:

I have 6.....looking for a 7th.....i'm dosing once a day.....that's addicting

uh oh Rockfish... how much have you spent on those little suckers? 3 digits? four? :bling:

I used to dose daily. That's why my calcium went ballistic.

uh oh Rockfish... how much have you spent on those little suckers? 3 digits? four? :bling:

I used to dose daily. That's why my calcium went ballistic.

if my calcium is 460 in the morning and i don't dose, it's close to 410-20 by the end of the day b/c all of my clams are larger (3 inches and up) in a tank who's total water volume is only 44 gallons.

my Derasa clam is the biggest culprit. they use calcium a LOT!! and when there are lots of them in a tank that's not THAT big. Then you can't keep it steady.

ohhh and i've spent right around 700 on my clams (so far!!)

here's the biggest calcium sucker!!!

pets005.jpg

Archived