Coral Vue Hydros

12 Gallon Nano Reef (SMall Pic Update today)

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

UPDATE!

So my Red Leg Hermit took the shell of the large new hermit who took an empty shell. lol

Meanwhile my tank is going crazY! I'm making a thread... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Big update!

Nitrate Problem: Gone! My corals have been opening up a lot more and a lot bigger. My Candy Cane is huge!

CUC: The CUC is doing great! The new Nerites are cleaning away and so are the new hermits!

Corals: My corals are doing a lot better now that the nitrate problem is gone. One of my Purple Mushrooms broke off the rock so I glued it to an extra frag base I have. It seems to be making a recovery.

New Corals!: I got 3 new corals today! 2 of them are from Codeman, check out his tank! It's awesome! I also got another nice coral from the lfs Codeman works at. My Sexy Shrimp is alreadty showing signs of hosting it!

Goby/Shrimps: They are doing great as always!

Sexy Shrimp: He is doing awesome! Like I said before he is already showing signs of hosting the new coral! I really hope he hosts the new one!

Hitchhikers: My random hiker infestation seems to have died down. I found a giant Stomatella Snail last night. 2 other small ones too! Tons and Tons of pods still

I finally got a new memory card so tons of pics tomorrow when my corals don't hate me. lol

Hopefully I'll get some comments ;) ...

You should give your sexy shrimp two more sexy shrimp friends! They tend to like to be in threes, from what I read, at least.

Glad you worked out your tank issues! Hope your alk is back to normal too, if it isn't just do slightly larger water changes every other day. To put the alk slowly back to normal, yet fast enough so stuff doesn't get mad.

Glad it's going well!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Big update!

Nitrate Problem: Gone! My corals have been opening up a lot more and a lot bigger. My Candy Cane is huge!

CUC: The CUC is doing great! The new Nerites are cleaning away and so are the new hermits!

Corals: My corals are doing a lot better now that the nitrate problem is gone. One of my Purple Mushrooms broke off the rock so I glued it to an extra frag base I have. It seems to be making a recovery.

New Corals!: I got 3 new corals today! 2 of them are from Codeman, check out his tank! It's awesome! I also got another nice coral from the lfs Codeman works at. My Sexy Shrimp is alreadty showing signs of hosting it!

Goby/Shrimps: They are doing great as always!

Sexy Shrimp: He is doing awesome! Like I said before he is already showing signs of hosting the new coral! I really hope he hosts the new one!

Hitchhikers: My random hiker infestation seems to have died down. I found a giant Stomatella Snail last night. 2 other small ones too! Tons and Tons of pods still

I finally got a new memory card so tons of pics tomorrow when my corals don't hate me. lol

Hopefully I'll get some comments ;) ...

thats awesome to hear i cant wait for pics. :)

animalmaster6
You should give your sexy shrimp two more sexy shrimp friends! They tend to like to be in threes, from what I read, at least.

Glad you worked out your tank issues! Hope your alk is back to normal too, if it isn't just do slightly larger water changes every other day. To put the alk slowly back to normal, yet fast enough so stuff doesn't get mad.

Glad it's going well!!

thanks!

I actually had 2 other Sexies but they didn't survive the night after acclimating. :tears:

thats awesome to hear i cant wait for pics. :)

thanks

i cant wait for pics either!

Sweet, glad everything's happy, can't wait for the pics!

Thanks Cody!

animalmaster6

Here is a really brief start to my tons of pics. I got a new memory card and can hold 10x more pix so tomorrow=PIC DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Goby/Shrimps are doing good!

saltwaterpics3033.jpg

Cool pic of my Nerite Snail. This pic shows my tank actually has a bow

saltwaterpics3031.jpg

My Sexy Shrimp on my new Candy Cane Coral that is looking awesome!

saltwaterpics3032.jpg

Enjoy! Be sure to answer my EXTREMELY important question on my 125G tank thread! :)

animalmaster6
i think that is the first time i have ever seen an fts of ur tank. where are the rest of the pics?

My computer got a virus :( I took tons of pics but my computer was all messed up. It got hacked into and it kept turning itself on. It's fixed now.

I might upload some pix later. Still a little paranoid about being hacked into though.

My computer got a virus :( I took tons of pics but my computer was all messed up. It got hacked into and it kept turning itself on. It's fixed now.

I might upload some pix later. Still a little paranoid about being hacked into though.

thats sucks a bunch man hope it doesnt happen again.

That's going to be an awesome looking tank when you get some grow-out! I like the rock work.

I love the hi-fin goby/red banded pistol pair. Once I have room to set up another tank I want that combo.

I can't help noticing you have the coralife digital thermometer. I was using one of those until a post here prompted me to check it against a regular thermometer and I learned it was reading 2.5 degrees too low! Grrr.

animalmaster6
That's going to be an awesome looking tank when you get some grow-out! I like the rock work.

I love the hi-fin goby/red banded pistol pair. Once I have room to set up another tank I want that combo.

I can't help noticing you have the coralife digital thermometer. I was using one of those until a post here prompted me to check it against a regular thermometer and I learned it was reading 2.5 degrees too low! Grrr.

lol It's not going to grow in. Transfering everything in here to the 125G.

I think my thermometer works great! I actually took a pic cof it today and will post it later.

Hehe, that's what I get for skipping the beginning of the thread and going straight to the pictures.

Glad yours works. Guess I was just one of the unlucky ones.

animalmaster6
Hehe, that's what I get for skipping the beginning of the thread and going straight to the pictures.

Glad yours works. Guess I was just one of the unlucky ones.

I sometimes do that :unsure:

I heard a lot of Coralife is trash. Don't believe it though.

animalmaster6
omgomgomg PIX omgomgomg

Hermit Crabs!

saltwaterpics3048.jpg

saltwaterpics3035.jpg

Atomic Green Zoanthids

saltwaterpics3036.jpg

Close Up

saltwaterpics3040.jpg

Diggin Away

saltwaterpics3037.jpg

Temp is good :happydance:

saltwaterpics3038.jpg

GSP are doing alright

saltwaterpics3043.jpg

Green Ricordia

saltwaterpics3041.jpg

saltwaterpics3044.jpg

FPMRS (Full Purple Mushroom Rock Shot)

saltwaterpics3039.jpg

saltwaterpics3042.jpg

Sexy Shrimp Shroom Ridin

saltwaterpics3045.jpg

saltwaterpics3046.jpg

Mushrooms are the new Ferrari

saltwaterpics3047.jpg

Enjoy the Pix!

Be sure to help with my extremely important question on my 125G tank thread! In my signature!

Archived