Cultivated Reef

12 Gallon Nano Reef (SMall Pic Update today)

animalmaster6

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very strange. do u know if he is still living with the pistol. also i would move the trumpet so he doesnt knock it into the sand. i also love the personality that gobies have. :)

animalmaster6
very strange. do u know if he is still living with the pistol. also i would move the trumpet so he doesnt knock it into the sand. i also love the personality that gobies have. :)

Yes he is still living with the mated pair of Red Banded Pistol Shrimps. One of the pistols doesn't come out to often. Maybe it's the female guarding eggs. The goby would've probably ate them though.

I'm about to post my new fish list for the 125G tank on the tank thread.

Yes he is still living with the mated pair of Red Banded Pistol Shrimps. One of the pistols doesn't come out to often. Maybe it's the female guarding eggs. The goby would've probably ate them though.

I'm about to post my new fish list for the 125G tank on the tank thread.

sweet i cant wait to see it but ill have to wait goin to lacrosse practice.

Ok, so I have a mantis shrimp.

Time to play plan "Sneak N Snatch"

He's going down!

Will report on the progress

Hope you catch him! You've got some cool livestock it would be a shame to lose...

animalmaster6

UPDATE!

Corals: The corals are looking pretty good! In fact, one of the Purple Mushrooms opened up larger than it has in months!

Fish and Inverts- The goby and pistol shrimps are doing awesome as normal. So is the Sexy Shrimp!

New Additions: There is a chance I can get a HUGE frogspawn colony! I really hope I get it!

Hitchhikers: The pods are still exploding! And I have really good news! I now have over 10 Stomatel;la Snails!!! I can always see them and they are constantly cleaning!

Mantis Shrimp: As a lot of you know I have a mantis shrimp. It just showed up last night. It seems to become more and more aggressive. Well plan Snaek N Snatch is in full swing! Codeman taught me a really good way to catch them. I will update you on the progress.

animalmaster6

Update

omgomgomg

I just saw my mated pair of pistol shrimps together! It was so exciting because this is only the 4th time I've seen them together and out of their caves!

animalmaster6
i didnt know u had a pair and also did u catch the mantis?

Didn't catch the mantis yet. I actually haven't seen him since the 1st time I spoke of him..

Yes I have a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby paired with a mated pair of Red banded Pistol Shrimps :D

• 2 weeks later...
animalmaster6
I have to agree with you. Gobies and blennies are the best! My bi-colored blenny Is my favorite fish in the tank.

Biclor Blennies are pretty great fish :)

animalmaster6
dont kill the shrimp!!

catch it and sent it to me :ninja:

Giving it to Codeman. Sorry :P

Will join the forum tomorrow. I promise :) Have been very busy!

animalmaster6

VALENTINES DAY MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Valentines Day miracle has happened! omgomgomg One of the pistol shrimps has been out a lot more than usual excavating. Well both the pistol shrimps just came out. The larger one had... EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was acting weird like it had eggs and I looked closer and there they were! omgomgomg I'm going to try to breed them and raise the young. This could change everything. I would keep the goby and mated pair in the 12G and not transfer them. I would place a pair of the babies in the 125G and try a new shrimp goby!

Many many many more updates will follow on this thread and this thread A(Will make it in 1 minute:

Please try to help if you have any experiance breeding!

VALENTINES DAY LOVE

saltwaterpics3069.jpg

saltwaterpics3070.jpg

saltwaterpics3071.jpg

saltwaterpics3072.jpg

saltwaterpics3073.jpg

saltwaterpics3074.jpg

saltwaterpics3075.jpg

saltwaterpics3076.jpg

saltwaterpics3077.jpg

saltwaterpics3078.jpg

Happy Valentines Day everyone :)

thats pretty cool. if you can raise the eggs i want a pair too they would look good paired with my goby(which i cant remember the name of right now for some reason lol)

animalmaster6
thats pretty cool. if you can raise the eggs i want a pair too they would look good paired with my goby(which i cant remember the name of right now for some reason lol)

I would love to give you 1 or 2!

I have to raise them first though. And I want a pair and so does everybody :lol:

Awesome, grats on the shrimp.

In regards to raising their larvae, it's going to be beyond a challenge and I'm sure it has been attempted, but not succeed. Like other shrimp species, the eggs will probably be released after the lights are out and you must be ready to collect them. Given that the pistols are so small, I can't imagine how small the larvae will be when they hatch or what their first food will be; I think even rotifers might be too big. You'll need to start culturing rotifers to start. Assuming that the isolated system to raise the larvae in is pristine and you get them to eat, you have to find a way to get them pass metamorphosis when they'll settle from their pelagic larval stage to the ground loving critters that they are.

To date, success has only been in getting Peppermint shrimps pass meta.

Archived