inTank Media Baskets

Tank is going CRAZY! HELP!

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Please Help!!!!!!

My tank seems to be going crazy! If you have been following my tank thread you know I am currently having tank problems. Well I recently got 2 Nerite Snails, a giant ball of chaeto, and 2 hermits for my tank. I also did 2 water changes and I'm doing a 3rd tomorrow.

So everything is going away: the nitrate problems, alkaline problems, algae problems. This morning the water looked awesome! The best it ever looked! Sooooooo Clear!

So when I got home a few hours ago I notcided a TON of hitchhikers! And I mean a TON! When I got home from Soccer a while ago there was even more! This morning nothing was even there! Now they are EVERYWHERE!

These are somethings I noticed:

Tiny little snails

PODS EVERYWHERE! Just sitting around sometimes moving

Tiny little whitish slug things

Small white starfish kinda looks like an Asternia

Here is a pic of the Asternia like star and the small snail

saltwaterpics3.jpg

I also noticed some really odd hiker! So It looks like the mix between a snail and squid. No Joke!

It has a shell and a very small body. It looks like a squid near its mouth. It has the weird mouth thing. I saw it before I left for soccer and tried to take pic but couldn't. Now it's gone.

Those are the hitchhiker problems

These are other odd things:

The large new hermitc crab swithed into a new shell that was laying around and my old Red Leg Hermit Crab took the shell of the new hermit that got the other shell. Weird that they are all doing this now isn't it?

Also after the last water change a day or two ago I haven't seen my goby since. Nor the pistols. I know, I know some people don't see there pair for weeks but I usually see mine every single day! Multiple Times!

Well I saw him at feeding time. He was all shakey and looked a bit thinner than normal.

Can you guys please help me!!!!!!!

You need to drink a glass of wine, turn the aquarium light off and relax. ( only if you are of drinking age)
'

:haha: :haha:

yea......chill dude!!

animalmaster6
You need to drink a glass of wine, turn the aquarium light off and relax. ( only if you are of drinking age)

lol Can't srink wine yet....

I turned off the lights and I'm trying to relax but something has to be wrong! Why am I getting so many hitchhikers In a few hours...

'

:haha: :haha:

yea......chill dude!!

How can I chill when I might lose my goby?

Something has to be wrong it's not normal to have so many new hikers in a few hours notice

cheryl jordan
lol Can't srink wine yet....

I turned off the lights and I'm trying to relax but something has to be wrong! Why am I getting so many hitchhikers In a few hours...

Because your aquarium is stablizing, they are not new, most have probably been there the entire time. Nothing is wrong and most hitch hikers are good anyway.

animalmaster6
Because your aquarium is stablizing, they are not new, most have probably been there the entire time. Nothing is wrong and most hitch hikers are good anyway.

My tank isn't new.

These hikers could easily be bad. The starfish looks like an Asternia...

cheryl jordan
My tank isn't new.

These hikers could easily be bad. The starfish looks like an Asternia...

If your tank is under six months then it is new. You really need to chill, nothing bad is going to happen to your tank tonight or tomorrow probably. Figure it out as you go along, one thing at a time. CHILL :D

RELAX BEFORE WE GET OUT THE DUCT TAPE.

If you're over 16, ask your dad for a beer and wait.

Don't drink coke or coffee or rockstar or jolt. Maybe a glass of warm milk would work.

Get some good pics of the hitchhikers and do some research. They're probably all good. Don't PANIC if there's a bad one, find out how to get rid of it. IF something was in there that would eat your fish, it would have done so already.

B

amphipods-scavengers

bristleworms- scavengers

asterinas- scavengers

stomatella- algae eater

You're fine, they all carry out natural functions. Just watch out for large Mantids. :D

cheryl jordan
amphipods-scavengers

bristleworms- scavengers

asterinas- scavengers

stomatella- algae eater

You're fine, they all carry out natural functions. Just watch out for large Mantids. :D

Now that was just mean, but I liked it. ;)

haha naw i wasn't trying to be mean. I was just stating their diet so that he knew they were harmless. Mantids however...

my tank is 5 going on 6mo and i have had the same kind of explosions as you. i freaked. i posted. freaked some more. had a beer. then it was all fine. your tank is evolving.

my tank is 5 going on 6mo and i have had the same kind of explosions as you. i freaked. i posted. freaked some more. had a beer. then it was all fine. your tank is evolving.

EVOLUTION!!!!!! :lol:

check the ultimate ID thread in the identification forum...

What kind of hermit crabs are in the tank? Pictures would help (for all IDs).

animalmaster6
sounds like you got some really good rock

Ya it's really nice!

If your tank is under six months then it is new. You really need to chill, nothing bad is going to happen to your tank tonight or tomorrow probably. Figure it out as you go along, one thing at a time. CHILL :D

It's almost 10 months not close to 6.

+1 on the chillax factor. Why so many water changes?

I had a bad nitrate problem and same with alkaline...

Archived