Top Shelf Aquatics

Nemmy's 40b x 3

nemmy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
speaking of lights how are you liking those mh now yove had them up a while.

Love the MH. So much better sps coloration and growth. In fact better growth in all the corals under it.

The other tank has extremely strong t5s but maybe my color spectrum is off or something. The MH just grows coral so much better.

How's the skimmer?

skims off and on not pulling much right now. After i feed the tank it pulls some good muck then it dies out for a bit. My tank is just wayyyy to clean right now. In about 110-120 gallons of water and a whoping 4 fish it doesnt have much work to do.

After i transfered the tanks and the old sand it kicked ass for a few days from all the organics i kicked up. I have no complaints on the skimmer at all or regrets, its just i dont have a big enough bioload for it to skim constantly. It cleans up after feedings and hangs out, kicks up to pull out some waste from fish, the kicks back in from feedings.

If i had a high bioload it would pull some nasty junk 24 /7.

I have no cyano, no GHA, no algae at all in the tank. So i guess its doing what it needs to!

So heres the window of the tank room. This is what people see when they drive down my street.

I cant believe nobody called the cops that I'm "growing weed".

haha.jpg

Nemmy, this is ridiculous...and I mean that in the best way possible, haha. Awesome.

I hear you about the cops, if you look at the top floor of my house from the outside it looks like I'm firing up a Stargate or something out of Ghostbusters.

Nemmy, this is ridiculous...and I mean that in the best way possible, haha. Awesome.

I hear you about the cops, if you look at the top floor of my house from the outside it looks like I'm firing up a Stargate or something out of Ghostbusters.

LMAO!!

12+ inch crack in my sump that magically appeared.

Happy birthday to me....

Happy B-day! Sorry about the crack. :(

Following along. The build looks great so far. Good job.

So heres the window of the tank room. This is what people see when they drive down my street.

I cant believe nobody called the cops that I'm "growing weed".

haha.jpg

makes me think of the thread were someone was checking there sump for bugs or whatever. when the nabors called the police and busted through the door, cause they saw a guy with a flash light. :lol:

makes me think of the thread were someone was checking there sump for bugs or whatever. when the nabors called the police and busted through the door, cause they saw a guy with a flash light. :lol:

That's funny as hell!

Happy B-day! Sorry about the crack. :(

Following along. The build looks great so far. Good job.

There wont be much left of this build if that sump doesnt hold on for a few more days.

Right now theres pieces of acrylic siliconed over the crack to try to hold back the flood.

Need time to build a new sump.

could you bypass the sump and run the first tank into the second, for the time being. kinda like a closed loop.

could you bypass the sump and run the first tank into the second, for the time being. kinda like a closed loop.

If i have to i can run them separate with heaters in both and low water level.

Not much you can do at 3am when stuff like this happens (cant get parts).

Worst part is waiting 24hrs for silicone to dry for a new sump.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

huh, why do you need heaters. cant you just use those mh to heat the fishroom. :P

Probably could, but the MH would boil the one tank without the other 80 +/- gallons of water in the system.

Ugh this sucks balls.

Well the sump "repairs" made it through the night. It looks like its going to hold until i get another tank, silicone, and acrylic.

Everybody pray for no power outages. If the power goes out and my pumps back siphon we could have a problem.

Well despite my repairs the sump was still leaking slowly. The water was pooling in the lower rim and coming out of it. I couldnt get in there to patch it.

Ran to walmart and got two big plastic totes for a makeshift sump.

So i proceeded to drain the sump without unplugging the heaters and fried one like a freaking idiot. Theres was 4 in the tank and it was the oldest one that fried so oh well. Theres still 450watts of heaters in the system. Tanks only dipped 1 degree during the swap thank god.

So at least now i dont have to re cut all of my acrylic sump dividers i can razor knife them out, clean them up, and silicone them right into a new 40B.

Dont mind the messy "crap sump", or my ghetto repair job of the crack. But at 2am or whatever it was when i saw the leaking crack i had to use what i had to try to fix it. I outlined the crack just in case you cant see it well.

ghettosump.jpg

crack.jpg

Everything looks awesome! I love how the tanks sit flush with the wall and having them side by side. Very cool! Sorry to hear about the sump though, that really stinks.

Everything looks awesome! I love how the tanks sit flush with the wall and having them side by side. Very cool! Sorry to hear about the sump though, that really stinks.

Thanks! These things happen though i just encourage everyone to keep some of those big totes around just in case something like this comes up.

I need to get some new updated shots, a lot has changed in the display tanks. Still waiting for that group buy to get more rocks though!

Display: Two 40 Breeders joined by sump.

Sump: 40 Breeder with fuge section (chaeto, rock, few frags)

Skimmer: BM Nac6

Lighting:

Tank1: NEP 6x39w T5HO

Tank2: 250w 14k phoenix HQI, 2x39w T5HO

Sump: 24 inch T5HO 4bulb.

Controller: Two Reefkeeper Lites (one for each tank)

SL2 Module, PH probe, Salinity probe (waiting for replacement for my dead salinity probe)

ATO: Digital aquatics float switches hooked to SL2 Module.

Current FTS of the build.

fts42.jpg

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!

Archived