Coral Vue Hydros

Nemmy's 40b x 3

nemmy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome nemmy. love how this is coming together for you.

Thanks! There were a few setbacks but i didnt post about them.

Like how we put the 2x6 plate on the bottom before cutting the studs in the wall and capping them... oops.

Very very nice, I can just imagine it full of water and stuff, it is going to look awesome. :D

Thanks! I'm getting there!

nice setups there Nemmy..... yup ur an addict!!!

haha totally

one tank plumbed and up and running. The water level is a tad oo low and shows from down low when looking up at the tank. I figure a little piece of acrylic behind the teeth in the overflow box should fix it. I didn't think I would need a gate valve (probably should have now that this came up).

They make gate valves that hook to a street elbow right? One that can be sumberged?

Fixed the problem above.

Tank transfered, filled, and running. Still cloudy though.

Next is clean the old 40B up, drill it, paint it, plumb it, and fill it.

My protein skimmer was running below the recommended height before and didnt skim that great. Its kicking butt now though.

Still got a lot of wires and stuff to clean up, but i had a long day and its running.

img_0688.jpg

img_0690.jpg

img_0691.jpg

img_0692.jpg

img_0693.jpg

this is the greatest idea [ever] Great work so far ! Keep it up. are the 2 dt's going to be different theme/ stocking?

this is the greatest idea [ever] Great work so far ! Keep it up. are the 2 dt's going to be different theme/ stocking?

Thanks!

One tank is going to be all BTAs and my clownfish pair, the other will be all SPS and some LPS.

I will probably have a second type of clownfish in the other tank, i was thinking saddlebacks.

As for other fish im not sure yet.

I'm tired of worrying about an anemone going on a rampage/killing spree on corals (hence the two smaller displays instead of one big display).

Wow you are really getting it done, looks fantastic! :D:D

Thanks cheryl!

This is great - you are right about the wife and cutting holes in the wall. Showed my wife what you did and she just shook her head...

This is great - you are right about the wife and cutting holes in the wall. Showed my wife what you did and she just shook her head...

LMAO!! Maybe one day she will let you cut holes in your wall too. If it wasnt for a stroke of terrible luck i would have been married by now. But then i wouldnt have had the option to cut holes in the wall. Theres a lot that could be improved in my house but for some reason i decided to sink all my time and effort into fish tank projects. I guess its the only thing that has helped me keep my sanity.

This is just awesome. I knew it would look good but actually seeing them in the wall is just over the top.

Thanks! I remember we talked about how fun it would be to aqua-scape and move corals in a tank like this. And just like we thought.... it sucks.

Second tank drilled and panted and sitting in place, temporary lighting over it.

Was going to razorblade that old coralline off but i lost them :-(.

Not 100% settled with the rock and coral work theres a few things i wanna move. The one rock that i HATE needs to come out but theres a nem sitting on it so hopefully it wanders off.

Got the ATO up and running, first time I've ever had one.

Should get the second tank plumbed tonight, although my RO unit is slow it will take me a year to fill it.

photo8-1.jpg

photo7.jpg

Thanks everyone!

I almost had the two plumbed together until i noticed that somehow i grabbed the wrong elbow at home depot. I guess someone put one back in the wrong bin and i just grabbed some, probably should have checked better.

Second tank is filled up just below the overflow and getting salty, will top the rest off when the plumbing gets finished and sits awhile.

I found the razorblades, but still havent scraped the tank down.

wow nemmy, just wow.

Haha, having fun following the build?

It's kicking my butt honestly, all my free time has been sunk into this.

Please dont mind the mess. Once everything is done i will be cleaning up the wiring and the tools/buckets laying around.

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

Haha, having fun following the build?

It's kicking my butt honestly, all my free time has been sunk into this.

Absolutly!

Second tank up and running in the system, lighting for the second tank is up and running as well.

Gotta wait it out and see if my heaters can cut it, if not i have to take one down until i get a new one.

This is my first MH setup, god it runs hot.

Archived