SaltCritters.com

Nemmy's 40b x 3

nemmy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What web site did you get your BM Nac6 from? I am seting up a 75rr and thats Skimmer I want for my tank.

http://www.nuocean.com/

fast shipping and great customer service.

Not sure if they are in stock I didn't check, but you can email them for an eta on more.

I left the door open to the fish tank room and for some reason the temperature dropped to 78.6 (i used to keep it at 79.3). I shut the door to the tank room and it raised to 79.9.

Is my heater not keeping up with the door open? Should I get a bigger heater?

Also i would like to keep the door closed, should i install some ventilation of some sort such as an exhaust fan? (like what you have in the bathroom for showering).

Hopefully then the heaters should keep up, and the hot air leave the room.

sweet tank, i just joined it's nice to see people who have the same sized tanks :)

40breeders are very popular here.

Be sure to start a thread in the members aquariums section with pictures of your tank. Then you can go into "User Cp" in the top left and add a link to it in your signature. I will be sure to check it out!

Good reads bitts. I ended up getting a bigger heater and the tanks are staying at 79.3 +\- .2.

Now I just need to do something for ventilation to keep the heat out of the room with the door closed.

Well the two tanks have been running dine for a few days now. Got sand in the bottom of the second tank and some corals I'm hoping with color up under the MH.

I was planning on getting dry rock in the near future for it but the stupid board of education turned down everyones contracts. So now I have to wait even longer for back pay from July because they were dragging their feet.

I also want some new corals, red planet being top on my list. Anyone wanna help me out with some good deals on nice SPS frags? Would like to try some of the cooler looking encrusting montis as well.

TheNordCelt

One tank is going to be all BTAs and my clownfish pair, the other will be all SPS and some LPS.

I will probably have a second type of clownfish in the other tank, i was thinking saddlebacks.

As for other fish im not sure yet.

I'm tired of worrying about an anemone going on a rampage/killing spree on corals (hence the two smaller displays instead of one big display).

This is looking really cool man, great idea. That's how i explain it to my wife, I could have one big tank, or several smaller ones strategically placed through out the house!

Took down my nc24 and put some rocks in the left tank just for giggles until I order my dry rock. Corals all on the sandbed to get used to MH and until i get dry rock to mount them on.

Wiring on the backside is still all crazy, but nobody sees it but me and people here.

The tiki heads and tiki hut arent going to be there forever. I just threw them in before the rocks for a place for my maroon clown to hide. Also to keep my niece happy.

fts42.jpg

lefttank42.jpg

righttank42.jpg

backtanks.jpg

dirtyskimmer.jpg

I almost had the two plumbed together until i noticed that somehow i grabbed the wrong elbow at home depot. I guess someone put one back in the wrong bin and i just grabbed some, probably should have checked better.

LOL, I've done the same thing many times. I wish I would have found this sooner. Everything is AWESOME!

Man do water changes suck on this thing now. I need to get a 10 gallon and just sit it next to my sump to make things easier. Right now its buckets all the way.

:haha: its just a tiny little water change, how bad could it be.:P

I dont look forward to it thats for sure. Get to do another one today..

I dont look forward to it thats for sure. Get to do another one today..

Got a pretty good sized ORA Red Planet "frag". Its got a bunch of tips starting to go vertical, it should take off soon!

dsc00030.jpg

My garf bonsai is finally showing some purple on the tips.

I love you metal halides!

I had it for months under t5s with no luck. Maybe my bulb selection isnt right for it or something..

My garf bonsai is finally showing some purple on the tips.

I love you metal halides!

I had it for months under t5s with no luck. Maybe my bulb selection isnt right for it or something..

-_-

yeah, but damn good feeling huh?

Hahah yeah. Its only like 1/8th inch dark puple then 1/16th inch light purple. But its better than an entire poop brown coral.

Lets hope it spreads and becomes all purple. Its a gorgeous coral so its been KILLING me not having it colored up.

yeah man i know its so nice. I just picked up 2 Par38's and looking to get 2 more for my solana. Talk about allot of light. I'm looking forward to seeing how the SPS will react

yeah man i know its so nice. I just picked up 2 Par38's and looking to get 2 more for my solana. Talk about allot of light. I'm looking forward to seeing how the SPS will react

I haven't bought into the led craze yet. Once they hit a lighting standard and are really proven in the field I will jump on board. Let me know how the sps like it.

Archived