Top Shelf Aquatics

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Lagoon

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp

I personally think it is THE single most stunning goby in the world. It has the stark contrast of black and white with the orange eye spot on the rear dorsal. And the way in interacts with the XL shrimp is like no other goby/pistol relationship you will see. The shrimp frequently grabs the goby and pulls him or puts him where he wants. Plus the way the goby swims is quite unique.

If you're not into it don't buy it. Duh.

Yep! Very excited about it. I have them going in my little 7.5g, along with a few sexy shrimp and a maxi that is high up. I am running to the LFS to pick some rumble so they can build away.

Look forward to seeing some photo's when they come out more.

-Dave

Bongo Shrimp
Yep! Very excited about it. I have them going in my little 7.5g, along with a few sexy shrimp and a maxi that is high up. I am running to the LFS to pick some rumble so they can build away.

Look forward to seeing some photo's when they come out more.

-Dave

Yeah, you better post some too!

I personally think it is THE single most stunning goby in the world. It has the stark contrast of black and white with the orange eye spot on the rear dorsal. And the way in interacts with the XL shrimp is like no other goby/pistol relationship you will see. The shrimp frequently grabs the goby and pulls him or puts him where he wants. Plus the way the goby swims is quite unique.

If you're not into it don't buy it. Duh.

thanks that is very interesting but as for the last part please don't get all defensive, it was just a simply inquiry about the specimens, I can't get those even if I wanted I live in Hawaii which is fair trade off.

Bongo Shrimp
I live in Hawaii which is fair trade off.

Where's the thread with the pics from your million billion gazillion gallon tank? ;)

Where's the thread with the pics from your million billion gazillion gallon tank? ;)

I just googled the white cap goby and I was an ingrate omgomgomg

now I want HD Video

LADD has one for $230

sadly now you made me want one but I don't know if the pistol shrimps I can get will be fine

I can get most fish but the invertebrates are what have the laws etc

my tank process is in research/study & gathering equipment but it is getting close to start up,

Bongo Shrimp
I just googled the white cap goby and I was an ingrate omgomgomg

now I want HD Video

LADD has one for $230

sadly now you made me want one but I don't know if the pistol shrimps I can get will be fine

I can get most fish but the invertebrates are what have the laws etc

my tank process is in research/study & gathering equipment but it is getting close to start up,

Haha you got bit by the bug! :P

Anyhow I have heard of them hooking up with other shrimp such as randall's pistols (mine did for a while) so I would try anything if you can a pistol as long as it normally would pair with a fish.

Haha you got bit by the bug! :P

Anyhow I have heard of them hooking up with other shrimp such as randall's pistols (mine did for a while) so I would try anything if you can a pistol as long as it normally would pair with a fish.

How do they do w/o a partner? Like an Emperor shrimp w/o suitable cuc or more able to fend?

Bongo Shrimp
How do they do w/o a partner? Like an Emperor shrimp w/o suitable cuc or more able to fend?

No idea from personal experience but I have heard they do much better with a partner. I mean just based on how small the fish is I would think having a partner would help.

No idea from personal experience but I have heard they do much better with a partner. I mean just based on how small the fish is I would think having a partner would help.

Interesting

well my wholesale source can't source me one, LFS can get one probably for the LA DD price. -_-

Bongo Shrimp
Breeding seahorses eh? ;)

Let us know how they do!

Well I don't have the time or equipment to properly care for them so I gave them to a fellow reefer who is basically a breeding master. He is going to try to raise them.

• 2 months later...
Bongo Shrimp

Working on breeding banggais but nothing else much. My male had three fry and I lost all of them and two days after having the first batch (which he held for 30 days) he is holding again. I hope he doesn't starve.

And I have not seen my whitecap goby for quite a while but I have had bigger gobies go missing for months and then found them again so I remain hopeful.

• 2 months later...

If you're talking about the whitecap goby your gonna have to get some other dreams cause they are my dream fish. But yeah I still have not seen him with either of the pistol shrimp. Such a shame too cause he was so cool. I just had the opportunity to get a pair of them but ended up getting Tiny the angelfish instead. Tiny is waaaaayyyy rarer in the trade than the whitecaps are becoming.

yes i was talking about the white cap but actually he is my second love. first is the flaming prawn goby. also what type of angelfish are you speaking of?

now i know it is a local specialty where i live. very adorable i saw the pic on your other thread and he is by far the tiniest angelfish i have ever seen.

Archived