Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

105G Custom Shallow Paradise!

JDigital

Damn bro... :angry:

I hate to see this amazing tank go! But... I have zero doubt whatever you go with next will be equally amazing!!! :happy:

Good luck!

B)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2-3 months is a longtime for other options to come up. You can always set up a smaller tank, and after you live there a couple of months, set this one up. Offer to get renter's insurance to see if they allow the tank. Anyway, hope it works out, your tank is starting to come together nicely.

Yea, I am stilling seeing how things go. I've held off making any drastic decisions with the tank, or selling coral/livestock yet.

-_-:angry::blink::rant::tears:fingerscrossed:flower:

Sorry dude.. :(

Damn bro... :angry:

I hate to see this amazing tank go! But... I have zero doubt whatever you go with next will be equally amazing!!! :happy:

Good luck!

Thanks David... I would just like to setup a tank that can live long enough to hit the 1 year marker without some life changing event causing me to constantly up or downgrade. I've had a 10G, 23G, 30G, attempted 40G that never got wet, 75G, and finally this 105G all in like 2 years of reefing.. Now it's looking like I will be going back down to a 55G-ish size (custom built of course) if I take up the offer to move in with my buddy.

Waiting for some quotes on a 33x28x17 OR 38x24x14 (Starphire if I can afford it)...

Not 30mins after posting those top down pics...

Just when you think you got a tank on the go, life likes to sneak up behind ya and kick your a$$.

Found out today that the landlord is planning to sell the house I currently rent. Thankfully not for 2-3months, and I do have a place to move into after, unfortunately this tank will not be allowed in the other place. So looks like I will be forced to sell this tank off. :(:angry:

:o

:(:tears::(

Not 30mins after posting those top down pics...

Just when you think you got a tank on the go, life likes to sneak up behind ya and kick your a$$.

Found out today that the landlord is planning to sell the house I currently rent. Thankfully not for 2-3months, and I do have a place to move into after, unfortunately this tank will not be allowed in the other place. So looks like I will be forced to sell this tank off. :(:angry:

Ugh... that sucks. I can't believe that, sorry to hear man. So disappointing after all that work. It is a gorgeous tank...

:o

:(:tears::(

Ugh... that sucks. I can't believe that, sorry to hear man. So disappointing after all that work. It is a gorgeous tank...

Yea it sucks... but what can ya do!

I finally confirmed with my buddy the maximum size tank I could have in his new place. 33x24x17 (32x23x15.5 actual volume)....

So the plans for the downgrade (:( ) are thus, as I have been giving it a LOAD of thought.. :happy:

- 33x24x17 3-Side Starphire Rimless 1/2" (with External 14"x5"x17" Overlfow)

- Bare Bottom or a Sand white Tiled Bottom

- 24x24x12 Sump

- 2xMP20

- ATI 6x24W Sunpower (rock will only cover a 24x14" footprint in the tank) (I may switch to MH at the last second! ;) )

- Bubble Magus BM180CS Skimmer (I know, overkill, but want it down the down)

- Custom Enclosed stand

- Reef Keeper Elite Controller

- Tunze ATO

So I don't plan to let you guys down with the replacement tank.... :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^ Thanks guys..

Took all the fish out this weekend.. Live rock came out today... gonna start draining it out tomorrow..

Took all the fish out this weekend.. Live rock came out today... gonna start draining it out tomorrow..

In my opinion the saddest part is when the water drops below the 1/3 of the tank and you look at your tank in dismay.... :flower:

In my opinion the saddest part is when the water drops below the 1/3 of the tank and you look at your tank in dismay.... :flower:

That probably would be true but because of where my drain was i need to use a 20ft hose around 2 corners that just BARELY made it, and I had to hand hold it so it didn't make a mess not able to see the tank at all... went from full to about half a centimeter in 20mins, didn't see anything other than the end of a hose for that entire time. :lol:

Tank sold Wednesday to a local reefer in down. looking forward to see what he does with it. :)

To cheer myself up I bough and built a PC gaming rig.. ;)

Archived