Pod Your Reef

105G Custom Shallow Paradise!

JDigital

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaaaaaahhhhhhhh.......i'm done...........snore.

- Peter Griffin

have you checked this out yet

http://www.customaquatic.com/estore/contro...oduct=PS-AE05EV?

I'm not a huge fan of the downdraft skimmers.

The main choices right now is the Vertex Alpha Cone 170 (built my Royal Exclusiv) or Octopus Extreme 160/200...

Tagging along... Great build!

I consider it a "helter skelter" build.. haha :lol:

YESSSS :lol:

B)

incredible!

looking great. I can't wait to see your scape. I'll be learning from what you do here ;)

I got some more live rock to pick up after christmas, I won't have much of a scape till then.

tagging along, looks promising

Thanks East1!

+1 tank is gonna be great!

how many vortechs and tunzes are you planning on having?

Thanks. Planning to run 2 MP20's, and 2 (maybe 3) Tunze 6045's. We'll see how the bank account holds up after Lights and Skimmer..

Only recently, because all you do is ask for more pictures. I stopped replying when you started talking like a 6year old.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I am the ONLY person in this thread to say Happy Birthday.. So chill out.

JD - Look into a iTech 100 before a Alpha... WAY cheaper and preform VERY well!

-Dave

Hmm never heard of those... Thanks Dave.

PS: I do get a large discount through my LFS on anything I order.. Alpha Cone wouldn't be too bad after discount.

Finally finished up my plumbing tonight.

Starting off where my last pic left... the under side of the overflow. Running a gate valve for the Herbie. I mounted a couple of L-brackets to my stand to help support the drains and reduce any torsion/pressure on the bulkheads.

IMG_0130.jpg

From there, into the sump, which STILL needs baffles.. :censored: Doesn't sound like I will be getting them before I leave Saturday, and even if I did, the silicone probably wouldn't have enough time to cure, so couldn't add water anyways.

From the return pump I added in a T to branch off a ball valve. This will allow me to do a water change without shutting down my return pump. Open the lower valve, and shut the top one. I always like connecting the pump to the return line with hard plumbing, comes down to millimeters to get it all lined up properly. B)

IMG_0129.jpg

And finally, up the backside. Union Check Valve for the "just in case" moments. I would have liked to add another ball valve between the check valve and the top union so I could remove the Check Valve for maintenance, however it would be CLEARLY visible through the tank glass and I didn't want that. When the time comes to switch out the Check valve I will just plan a big enough water change to bring my water level below my return bulkhead.

IMG_0131.jpg

That's about it for now, until I get the baffles for the sump.. Need to hunt down a skimmer next, then finish up with lighting, and add my sandbed.... and then aquascape, and and and.....

sweet man. still is progress. the baffles will be done soon enough.

since you said you could see the ball valve through the back if installed, i am assuming you are leaving it clear. why not black out?

sweet man. still is progress. the baffles will be done soon enough.

since you said you could see the ball valve through the back if installed, i am assuming you are leaving it clear. why not black out?

I want to try and give the impression of depth when looking through the tank.. Once I get some proper lighting on, that covers end to end, the wall behind should look better. I plan to grow out some fat Acros in front of the Return pipe, as well as the light bracket legs to try and hide them as best as possible.

Only recently, because all you do is ask for more pictures. I stopped replying when you started talking like a 6year old.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I am the ONLY person in this thread to say Happy Birthday.. So chill out.

hahaha well thanks but any ways i only turned 13 so ur only 7 years off lol

Wow! the tank is looking fantastic! the dimensions are insane :o

That's it! :eek: my next tank will be a shallow rimlees lol

:lol: .. There is actually a local reefer here in town that saw my build thread, inquired about it, and went out and got glass cut for a 48x36x14.5 (105G Custom Shallow Sandbox)...

Thanks g2e!

mannn whats the stocking plans for this tank?

and is that Hamilton on ur sig? i met him in AD

I tossed out most of my stocking plans visually back around page 2-3 I think... maybe pg 4..

Forgot I had Hamilton as a sig, since I turned sigs off... haha but ya, its him. :D

• 2 weeks later...

^Thanks

Well, back from Christmas holidays, and unfortunately I lost a frag and 1 of my clowns. The frag stn'd on me, and my tank sitters aren't sure how or why, but my clown got sucked into my pump.. They figured a piece of mysis was getting sucked in and the clown followed it in to grab it... :( Other than that, everything else is looking ok after the transfer, SPS is going through some color swings, but still getting PE and no brown outs.

Angel and Wrasse are finally out of hiding, and the cleaner shrimp is doing awesome after the transfer.

Sorry to hear about the clown... always sucks to come home from a vacation to find something went wrong. Could've been worse but at least you're back now :)

Archived