SaltCritters.com

Toothpik's 3 gallon jbj picotope

Toothpik

alright guys..Im in college calculus class and I will give an update...My mom told me my birthday surprise! its a fishneedit 70 watt metal halide with a 20k bulb! yay its on its way here and its going to be sweet...also i just built a stand for my pico...pics when i get out of this darn class!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! post some pics of the new set-up. You will love the halide, make sure you start it pretty high then lower it so you don't stress everyhitng out.

Also, check your temps until you know what it usually stays at. My 5.5g stays at about 84 lol.

i will as soon as its set up! i plan on using window screens to dim the lighting intensity and then remove some one every week and ill watch the temp thanks jacob for the advice :)

Haha ya. You might have to run your tank a little warm like me. But ehh they seem to have adjusted to my 84 degrees lol. Ya window screens might be easier lolz

yup and you know how my rics were on the sand bed? I super glued them to the rock :) but i didnt space them out :( but rics dont sting each other they just like fold over or expand over each other so i think im ok :)

thanks ScionRacer :)

alright some random pics

O I uh super glued my ricordeas to a rock so they dont get blown around

ric.jpg

alright the new stand i assembled for my tank

newstand.jpg

some pics of my room lol sorry if its messy

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

and my desk with my pico still messy

desk.jpg

if your at moms house she would kill me...im not at moms house anymore thankfully...but I still think she would slap me one...if not her Susie will..

I am trying to clean up my fahaka puffer tank to show everyone. but it is a joke my aquapod takes all my time..I love it!

lol its so messy bc the living room is being redone( wall torn down to make a counter top for kitchen) so once everything is done, my room will be clean again haha with the new tank set up...the tank will be moved on the stand and hang a 70 watt MH over it.

Kristoffer-good to hear you got your tank and your light! Good luck setting everything up, once it gets going its fun finding things to stock it up. And once you get your thread going I will follow along with yours

alrighty! I moved my tank to the stand I set up for it just now, and I put on the AC50 for it...everything looks to be in order! except ! except for the 3inch bristleworm in my tank...i want it out!

some new pics with the metal halide on...it seems all corals are doing well with the new lighting..I have 4 egg crates on top :P.

Here is my most prized zoa colony !!!

IMG_0775.jpg

and this is the other one

IMG_0776.jpg

and then the current FTS

IMG_0777.jpg

Ps. the metal halide was my early birthday present :)...my birthday is Oct 5th..hint hint lol

Archived