Cultivated Reef

Toothpik's 3 gallon jbj picotope

Toothpik

Current FTS October 1,2009

IMG_0826.jpg

My tank is getting off to a great start. Parameters are still stable and I am slowly stocking coral in! My Goal is to get a nice center piece for the tank. Maybe a Yuma or a nice metallic green frogspawn :)

Equipment

JBJ Picotope

AC 50 modded filter

Lighting-fish need it 70 watt MH with 20k bulb

5lbs of sand

5+lbs of LR

25 watt theo heater

Livestock

1 Yellow Clown Goby

Various Zoa colony

Acans

orange and blue ricordea

green and blue ricordea

Green Mushroom

snail

various feather dusters

Fire and Ice Zoas

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreefnate
Well..after a while of not being in the hobby and looking at the picos...I think they are just what i need for college...My 10 gallon tank was a bummer bc I totally neglected it bc of work and paying for college..i sold the remaining corals and kept the lighting. Im going to order the jbj 3g pico soon with a Hagen Aquaclear 70C. And try to get things going...maybe a zoa and mush garden? What you guys think? Im going be in need of cost effective things so any advice will help :)

cool. all i have to say is...

BUY USED AND MOD! =P

haha sounds pretty good to me..here the list so far

pico-$40

LR-$20

LS-$15

visio stealth 25 watt-$20

Aqua clear 70C-$40

US current Satallite 96 watts 20"-free xD

premixed saltwater-$5

refractometer-$35-45

test kit-$20

gah this list is hefty pricing

mike.....those are more understood things haha but fine ill add it to the list :(

also question guys-Would 96 watts of compact flourescent be too much for my pico? I dont want to bleach my shrooms or zoos

alright im planning on going big with this you ready? a flaming prawn goby :) along with sexy shrimps and maybe one pom pom crab whacha think?

The goby would be cool in the 3g I think.... They do hide a lot though. Sexy shrimp would also be really cool.

The only one I'm not sure about is the pom pom... They rule but sometimes they can get a little aggressive with those 'nems. I've seen mine go after some of my CUC before...

Oh well, I'm probably just being paranoid... I'm sure the pom pom would be fine. A porcelain crab would be awesome too.

the pom pom was more of a hit or miss kinda idea...id rather have like 3-4 sexy shrimp :) I changed my mind its going to be a yellow clown goby :) such a cute little thing lol

alright guys...update time. I just ordered the Pico, along with a 25 watt hydro theo and 2 bulbs for my 18 watt which costed me $71 thats with the -$5 coupon in effect ....it should arrive within 2 weeks sigh...

Alrighty guys..I got my pico in the mail and everything today.. I went out and bought some spray paint and some rocks and some sand... I'll put pics up and later on I will put one more with aqua scape when sand is settled!

new.jpg

painted.jpg

filled.jpg

lol i might just go get some just to get this gunk off its killing me lol. The sand has settled some and ill do a little rescaping then post the pic

Archived