Innovative Marine Aquariums

Memoirs Of A Pico

badfish816

when will that be? I'm leaving on vacation too for most of august so it will have to be after or before august then xD that will give your cap a lot of time to grow, ditto to my chalice.

I have a plan in case we have to trade after the pico contest stocking deadline... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

alright peoples. i am leaving tomorrow morning at 3 am....ugg. the plane leaves at 5. i will be disconnected from the world for 8 days and will love every minute of it. hope my tank does ok. i will have alot to read on these forums when i get back.

i will be staying in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. yay. everybody have a good week and dont get into any shananigans while i am gone!

peace, love and reefs,

badfish816 (aka nathanael) out!!!!!

hello everybody!!!!! i am back from paradise. sux. lol. i have sooooo many pics to go through but i will definately put up a thread. my tank did ok. my top off didn't work at all (stupid sensor) but didn't evaporate to much. but i did have an outbreak of hair algea on a few frags. my lights are off but still need to inspect it more with them on.

now i have a bunch of reading to do on everyones threads.

amazing man. visited Buck Island. rated one of the top ten islands in the world. saw amazing coral and fish. drank tons of rum. sailed the ocean.....i was born for this!!

close call with the top off. if that happened to mine everything would be gone ...

anyway glad to hear all is well and you had an awesome trip. pics nao!

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry. i have been super busy. my tank is currently going through an algea outbreak but only on certain frags. and some little pieces of cheato got in the display while i was on vacation and now i have been trying to weed out a giant rats nest of cheato growing everywhere. i will get pics as soon i get everything under control. lol. thanks for showing interest.

ParanoidObseshun

Ive had the same problem in different spots on my tank, some hair algae and bryopsis popping up on a frag or two I got a few months back, that alone has been a PITA. I also had to go through and scrape off a red kelpish algae that was spreading everywhere.

Definitely not fun at all lol. Looking forward to new pics and all.

Welcome back and glad your tank made it through.

I would go crazy if I have to leave my tank alone more than a week.

Good thing I do not have to worry about top off that much bcos my country is so damn hot

the thing I worry about is chiller. If something is wrong with the chiller, BAM!,

everything would be all gone. Haha

• 2 weeks later...

yes i am still here. times have been tough lately. still doing small cleanings on the tank here and there. got most of the algea out. lost some of my miami hurricane zoas but they will come back. i got my camera back from my parents so after the glass is cleaned i will get a pic for you guys.

thanks paris and just pray your power never goes out. lol

thanks. one of the funniest cartoons i have ever seen.

picked up a skimmer today for my frag tank from a guy at my lfs. i saw some bleeched palys so i asked and he cut some and throught them in. score!!!! i love freebies!!!!